Goodbye

Guardian Angel

A/N: It's been over a month since I last updated and I want to apologize for that. As some of you already now I had a busy holiday season with friends and family coming over which didn't give me much time to update. Anyways I'm hoping to update much quicker this time since my schedule change a bit, giving me a bit of more free time :) In other news I got myself a twitter(link in profile) were I will be post when updates will be coming for each story, or when they will be delayed. You're welcome to follow it if you want or just view for updates that's great too. Also check out my new story Beautiful Disaster if you haven't already. Thank you to all of you who commented I really appreciate it. Sorry in advance for any spelling/grammar mistake.

                                            XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"Liar!".

"Go away.", Onew told Kai as Key was finishing up measuring his wings.

"You want me to go?", Key stop measuring his wings as he ew around to face him.

"I wasn't talking to you Kibum I was talking to Kai.".

"Do you want some privacy? We can finish this up later.", Key offered.

"No Kai is leaving. Everything is fine.", he smiled at Key giving him a kiss on the forehead as he then turned back around.

"I'm not going anywhere until you tell Key the truth.", Kai said as he remained in the bedroom."You aren't fine at all. You had ten nosebleeds in the past three days, you get tired easily, you are experiencing pain throughout your body and to top it all off look at your wings. Their glow is practically gone and they look grayish in color, that isn't normal at all.".

Onew knew that Kai was right . Ever since his wings reappeared the glow surrounding them started to slowly fade, and as the glow fated so did their bright white color. At first he didn't think anything of it because he was still able to fly with them. But as he stared at the himself in the mirror that was in front of him, it hurt him to see his wings in such a poor condition. His wings was one of the things he loved most and knowing that there was nothing he could do to repair them sadden him."Can we please talk about this later.".

"No Key needs to know what's going on and you need to tell him now!", Kai yelled.

Onew had never seen Kai so mad before but he decided to ignored him hoping that the angel would just give up and go away. But he remained there staring at Onew, his intense gaze began to intimidate him. "Everything will be fine.".

"No! We can't risk it.", Kai stated,"You need to see a doctor or get some kind of help.".

"It isn't necessary.". He didn't want Key to know what they were talking about since he didn't want him to worry. "Kibum can we finished this up later I really need to talk to Kai alone for a bit.".

"Sure.", Key grabbed the measuring tape and shirts;placing it on top of the nigh stand.

"Don't leave stay!", Kai walked after Key in an attempt to get his attention."Please stay Onew is sick you need to help him. He's lying to you!".

As Onew saw Kai yelling and trying to grabbed Key's hand to stop him from leaving the room; his heart began to hurt. He got teary eyed as he saw Kai's hand go straight through Key's hand, knowing that soon it will be him doing that. The realization that he would no longer be able to touch and feel Key made him depressed. 

"Why did you sent him away? You just took advantage of the fact that he couldn't see or hear me.", he yelled,"Why are you crying? You wanted this. Soon you will be just as hopeless as me, you won't be able to touch him. He won't be able to see you or hear you and its going to be all your fault.".

"I can't go to the doctor.",Onew cried,"I can no longer hide my wings. I don't want to spend my last days getting experimented on.".

"You don't have to go to the doctor, just be honest with Key. Tell him you haven't been feeling well I'm sure he could give you something to make you feel better.".

Onew forced a smile; shaking his head as he then wiped his tears away."Thank you for being concerned about me but I already accepted my fate. December fourteen is in seven days, and I think that's the day I'll leave my squishy body and there's nothing I can do about it.".

"How do you know if you don't try.".

"Because I'm not human!", he grabbed his robe and put it back on,"My purpose for being here was to help Kibum feel less lonely, to over come his fears. He is no longer lonely, he has really great friends to rely on. He no longer needs me.".

"You have to be kidding me.", Kai furrowed his eyebrows,"Maybe that was your initially purpose but now it's different. He loves you, you're his boyfriend. You have a different connection now a different purpose.".

"A connection that wasn't suppose to exist. Max was right I shouldn't have broken the rules I complicated things Kai. Kibum was never suppose to be with me, he was suppose to be with Jonghyun all along and I just got in the way.".

"You're talking nonsense if they were suppose to be together they would have been together long before you even showed up.".

Onew complete ignored Kai's reasoning he knew and had felt the connection that Key and Jonghyun had before he got his squishy body. "You should have seen Jonghyun last night I badly hurt him. None of this would have happened if I did what I was suppose to do and left. I complicated things and I have to fix them before I leave.".

"What are you planning to do?".

"I'm going to talk to Jonghyun today, I don't know what it is exactly that I am going to say to him. All I know is that I need to fix the relationship between Jonghyun and Key. I'm hoping I can do that before Minho's birthday.", he informed him,"I want to spend my last days with all of them. I want to revisit the beach, take a picture with them and to have game nights like we used to.".

"Seeing how I can't change your mind. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.", he got teary eyed.

"Don't cry, you and I will still be able to see and talk to each other.".

"I know.", he smiled,"I'm a bit emotional that's all.".

"Let's go find commedes so we can play.", Onew suggested as he tried to make Kai feel better.

"Okay.", the angel smiled as he then walked out of the room.

Onew walked over to his nightstand and opened the drawer as he then took out his medallion. He stared at it for a few seconds; slightly tracing his human name with his fingers. He decided to put it on again since he hadn't worn it in a while and he wanted to get used to it again. When he put it on he felt a shock all over his body; pain spread throughout his body right after. Not wanting anyone to worry about him  he slowly walked out of the room ; each step more painful then the next.

"I found Commedes.", Kai came running followed by the cute puppy,"Why are you wearing your medallion?".

"I want to get used to it again.", he answered,"Come on let's go play with Commedes in my room.".

Onew fought through the pain as he went to grab one of the puppy's toys. As he walked back to were Kai was with Commedes he notices his hand was uncontrollably shaking. He squeeze the toy a few times before throwing it; hiding his hand behind his back as he went to sit down next to Kai.

"Are you alright you look pale.", Kai commented as the puppy brought back the toy.

"I'm fine.", he grabbed the toy with the other hand; squeezed it and threw it again. They played with Commedes for a short while; when his hand stopped shaking he started using it again. They had only been playing for twenty minutes when he began to feel tired."I'm a little tired, I'm going to lay down for a bit.", he informed kai as he got up and went to lay down on the bed.".

"Have a good rest. Hope you feel better.",Kai said as he then left the room.

Commedes jump onto the bed laying down besides Onew,"I'm going to miss playing with you. You better take care of Key when I am gone okay.", he gently ran his hands through the puppy's fur.

                                              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  

Key sat alone in the living room. Instead of paying attention to the tv screen in front of him he kept on thinking about Jinki's odd behavior. First he kept on insisting about going to see Jonghyun, and now he was having private conversation with Taemin's guardian angel. He had the feeling that something was wrong, like Jinki was hiding something from him. He's very honest he wouldn't lie to me he thought but he still felt anxious and concerned.

"Where's Onew?", Taemin walked into the living room taking a seat besides Key.

"He's talking to your guardian angel again.".

"They both have been trying to convince me to go back home and I think they're right.".

"You need to make up your mind, do you want to go back home or not?", he asked as he wanted to help him figure stuff out. 

"The only reason I ran away from home was so I could be with Minho, but I don't see him as much as I would want to.", he confessed,"And I really do hate being locked up all day, while Victoria tries to get with him.".

"Well if you decide to continue hiding you are more than welcome to continue staying here, but I sincerely think you should go back home. I know it's risky but you need to finish school.".

"I do miss going to school, and surprisingly I miss playing the piano too.", he let out a small laugh,"But at the same time I really don't want to get sent away, I love Minho and I can't picture my life without him.".

"You've been gone for a while. Maybe your parents will be so happy to see you and they won't sent you away.", Key tried to make him feel better.

"I really hope so, because the more I think about it the more I'm inclined to go home.".

"So why did you stop talking to Minho?", he was curious as to why he ended the call so early,"I thought you two would be talking for hours since he can't come today.".

"Jonghyun is at Minho's house, they're both busy doing homework right now.".

"Are you sure Jonghyun is over there?", Key asked. He was hoping it was true; he thought it will be less awkward for him to have Minho there while Jinki talked to Jonghyun.

"Yes why?".

"Jinki is insisting on seeing Jonghyun, the whole situation is awkward for me.", he confessed; deciding to tell Taemin everything since he trusted him."Last night after Jinki and I were intimate with one another, he left to go see Jonghyun.".

"You're lying to me right?".

"No.", he answered,"He said he wasn't planning to go but he somehow ended up going. I appreciate that he was honest with me, and I could tell he didn't have an ulterior motive. But I would have preferred that he would have lied to me or not tell me anything at all. It makes me angry and jealous to know that he still thinks about him. It hurts me to know that he went there and that he now wants to speak with him. It makes me feel like I'm not enough.".

"Did you told him how you felt?".

"No, I didn't want him to feel bad. Like I said he doesn't have an ulterior motive for wanting to go see him, but it still hurts.", he confessed,"Don't get me wrong I know that he loves me but part of me is slightly afraid that he loves him too and that he will leave me for him. I don't know if it was selfish of me but I told him that the only way he could see him was if I went with him.".

"Are you going to wait for him to go home?".

"I don't want to wait for him to go home. I kinda want to take Jinki now to go see him since it will make it less awkward for me having Minho there.".

"If you are planning to catch him in Minho's house you should leave right now. Minho's mom should be getting home soon and due to him being grounded I'm sure Jonghyun is going to want to leave before that.".

"Good point, get me a ride while I go get ready.", Key said as he got off the couch.

"Sure.", Taemin grabbed Key's cell phone,"Like you always tell me don't let jealousy get the best of you. You have a wonderful relationship with Onew don't ruin it with your insecurities.".

"I should definitely learn to take my own advice huh.", Key laughed as he then headed off to his room. When he entered his bedroom he was shocked to see Jinki laying in bed with Commedes as he cried. He immediately ran to his side wiping away his tears,"What's the matter? Does something hurt? Are you okay?".

Onew smiled at him as he then sat up,"Don't worry about me, I'm okay.", he answered as he then wiped his own tears away.

"Don't lie to me! If something is bothering you I want to know.", he insisted as he sat down beside him.

"Kibum I'm fine, trust me.".

"If you were fine you wouldn't be crying? Does this have to do with what you and Taemin's guardian angel were talking about?",he asked a bit concerned,"Is something wrong with Taemin.".

"No Taemin is okay. I just had an argument with Kai that's all.", he smiled,"I promise that I'm okay.".

Key hugged him,"You scared me.".

"I'm sorry.", Onew hugged him with both his arms and wings,"I love you so much Kibum don't ever forget that.".

Key felt like crying hearing those words was exactly what he ended to hear right now. It made his mind feel more at ease. But that feeling soon left him when he felt Onew's medallion through his robe. It made him feel uneasy seeing that he had it on, it reminded him too much of when he first appeared especially since he was wearing his robe and his wings were out. Onew always kept on talking about him having to leave and revert back to being his angel. Seeing him the way he was now made him feel like he wanted to go back to being his angel and not be with him anymore. "Why are you wearing your medallion again?", he broke their embrace as he pulled the medallion out from underneath his robe.  

"I haven't wore it in a while and I felt like putting it on.", he answered,"If it bothers you I can take it off.".

"It doesn't bother me, I found it strange that you were wearing it that's all.".

Onew smiled as he then took it off,"I want you to have it.".

"Are you serious?", Key wanted to cry but he held back his tears, as Onew put it on him."It isn't against the rules is it?".

"I don't know but I don't care. I really want you to have it.", he leaned in giving him a quick kiss on the lips,"Look at this when you feel lonely. Use it as reminder that I will always be there for you. Don't ever forget that I love you.".

Key could no longer hold back his tears,"Stop talking like that, it sounds like you're saying goodbye.",he slightly hit him on his shoulder.

Onew wiped away Key's tears,"Don't be silly I would never leave you.".

"Onew, Key your ride is here.", Taemin said as he walked in.

"Tell him to wait a second, I'll be right there.", he answered as he stood up walked to his closet to get a coat."Remind me later to fix some sweaters and coats for you. We can't have allow you to catch a cold." he said seeing as Onew didn't have any coats or sweaters to accommodate his wings.

"Where are we going?", Onew asked.

"I'm taking you to go see Jonghyun.".

Onew smiled immediately getting out of bed,"Thank you.", he walked a few steps when suddenly fell over.

"Are you okay?", Key ran to him.

"I'm okay I just tripped.", he got back up with Key's help.

Key knew Onew was sometimes clumsy but he had never seen him fall like that before. Usually when he tripped he would laugh but right now he look rather sad. When they got into the car Key gave the driver the directions to Minho's house, as he then proceeded to explain to the driver about Jinki's suppose cosplay costume. 

"I thought we were going to go see Jonghyun's.".

"Jonghyun is with Minho right now so we're going to see him there.", he informed him. "You aren't hiding something from me right?".

"No, why would you say that?".

"You look a bit sad.", he answered,"You aren't your usual happy self.".

"I'm a bit upset about the fight I had with Kai, but I'm okay.", he leaned in giving Key a kiss on the cheek as he then laid his head on his shoulder.

For the first time ever Key wasn't sure if Onew was lying to him or not. He grabbed Jinki's hand, lancing their fingers together; deciding to trust him since he was always honest with him.

"Kibum can we please take the train back home. I really want to ride it again.".

"We don't need a train to get home.", Key laughed,"But if you want to ride it we can go tomorrow.".

"Thank you I will really like that.", he kissed the back of Key's hand. 

                                                XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX    

"Let's take a break and play some videos games.", Minho said as he stood up.

"I could really use a break.", Jonghyun put his pencil down; grabbing the bowl of chips as he walked to the living room. As Minho set up the game console he looked through Minho's video games,"Why do you mostly have soccer games?".

"Because I like those the best.", he answered as he put one into the game console,"Let's have a match then we can play something else.".

"Okay.", Jonghyun picked his team as he then began to eat chips. 

"You're already done?".

"Yes.", he answered,"Just pick a team already.".

Minho finally picked a team and they soon began to play. Half way through the game they heard a knock at the door.  

"Is it your mom?", Jonghyun paused the game as he got off the couch.

"I don't think so. My mom has the keys.", he answered as he got off the couch,"What in the world are you doing?".

Jonghyun was half way inside Minho's living room closet,"I'm hiding.".

"I told you that isn't necessary.", he laughed,"Stop being silly and come out.".

"Go open the door. I'll stay in the closet.", Jonghyun said as he locked himself in the small closet. He didn't know for how long he was going to stay in the closet but he was willing to do it; since he didn't want Minho to get in trouble. He moved somethings that were on the floor as he then sat down making himself comfortable.

"Jonghyun.", Minho opened the closet door,"Onew is here to see you.".

Jonghyun whole face turned red as he saw Onew standing behind Minho smiling at him. He got off the floor and exited the closet. "Wh-wh-what are you doing here?", he stuttered as his heart started beating fast; he looked down not being able to make eye contact with him.

"I'll leave you two alone. If you need anything I'll be outside with Key.", Minho said as he then left.

"Jonghyun I'm really sorry.".

"If you just came to apologize please go.", he turned around not wanting to face him. He didn't want to hear him talk about him being in love with Key.

"Fine I won't apologize, but I do need you to listen to me. I know I broke my promise to you and I feel horrible for that. When I first left your house I was planning to return to be Kibum's angel and nothing more,but.".

"But what?", he turned around his face full of tears, as loud sobs escape his lips,"I don't want to hear about how you fell in love with him. Just go I can't see you right now.".

"Before I go I want you to know that none of these is Kibum's fault. If you want and need to blame someone blame me.", he said as he looked down,"You two have been friends for years. Don't let me or anyone destroy the wonderful friendship you two have.".

"I can't never be his friend again.".

"Kibum really misses you and I know you miss him too.".

Even though he was heartbroken and mad at his best friend. He couldn't deny that he indeed missed him. He missed going over every Saturday morning to his house to watch tv , he missed talking to him, he missed his cooking, he even missed the way he sometimes nagged him. "I really do miss him but I don't know if our friendship can be repaired. I feel betrayed and I'm not ready to see him right now.".

"Would you consider being his friend again if I ended things with him?".

He was surprised to hear him say that. Jonghyun would never imagine that Onew would do that just to see him speak to Key again. "You would really do that?".

"Yes.", he answered.

"You don't have to end things with him."

"Does that mean you are going to try to talk to him again?", he asked with a smiled on his face.

"I don't think I'm ready for that just yet.", he wiped his tears away as he got closer to Onew,"I need to know one thing. Did you ever loved me?".

"You are very important to me Jonghyun.".

"I'm not asking you that!", he interrupted him,"I just simply want to know if you ever once loved me.".

"I did loved you.", he confessed; his face displaying a light tinge of red,"I have to go. Please talk to Kibum again.".

As Onew walked away, Jonghyun stopped him. When onew turned around to face him Jonghyun smiled as he then pressed his lips against his. He knew it was wrong, but he needed to make sure if Onew was indeed no longer in love with him.

Onew pushed him back breaking the kiss,"Jonghyun I can't I'm in love with Kibum. Please forgive me.". He started to walk away when he then suddenly fainted and fell to the ground. 

Jonghyun slightly shook him but he didn't respond. "Key! Minho! I need your help.".

"What happened?", Minho asked as he and Key came running in."Is he okay?".

Key began to cry not saying a word as he took Onew's hand in his.

"I don't know he isn't responding.", Jonghyun said as tears ran down his cheeks.. 

                                                  XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX      

"He is still breathing and has a pulse.", Minho informed them,"We need to take him to a hospital quick.

"Ok we'll take my car.", Jonghyun said as he ran to his back pack to get his keys.

"We can't take him to the hospital. They'll notice what he is.", Key sniffled.

Minho knew Key was right as soon as they saw that Onew's wings weren't removable they would want to experiment on him." Then what do you suggest we do?".

"Let's take him back to my place.".

"Let's go.",Jonghyun said as walked back into the room.

Key and Minho both carried Onew into the car as Jonghyun unlocked and opened the door for them. Key went on the backseat with Onew, Jonghyun sat in the front passengers seat giving Minho the keys to drive. Minho started the car and immediately began to drive towards Key's home. The whole card ride was silent all you could hear was the sniffles and sobs coming from all three men. Minho parked the car running to the door; knocking hard for Taemin to open it,"Taemin open the door. Hurry.".

"What's going on?", Taemin opened the door completely confused.

"Onew fainted and he isn't responding.", Minho got out of the way as Jonghyun and key carried Onew's body inside.

"Is he going to be okay?", Taemin began to cry. 

"We don't know.", Minho answered as he and Taemin followed them into the room. No one in the room said a word. Minho felt helpless as he silently cried; holding tightly to Taemin as he also cried his face buried on Minho's chest. He stared at Jonghyun who was leaning against the wall; crying great heavy sobs that seemed to shake his entire body. He then looked over at Key, he was sitting by Onew's bedside; his tears running down his cheeks falling onto Onew's face. He had never seen Key so broken it was like something was ripped away from his soul.  Minho felt helpless since they're was nothing he could do. He silently began to pray hoping that Onew would soon wake up.

"I love you.", Key broke the silence,"Please wake, up don't leave me."

Suddenly a bright blinding light appeared, quickly spreading throughout the room. Minho covered his eyes and once the light was gone he opened them. Noticing that Onew was gone. 

"Come back!", Key screamed as he loudly continued to cry his whole body shaking.

Jonghyun walked over to him; crying as he tightly hugged Key.

                                                    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  

A/N: Okay before you all hate me, I hate giving spoilers but this isn't the last time we are going to see Onew. I will never kill him off he is my bias. But anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter please comment I really enjoy reading them. Also just another friendly reminder please go check out my new story Beautiful Disaster if you haven't already. If you want to know when each story will be updated check out my twitter(link in profile) Well that does it for this chapter see you all in the next one...