Chapter 1; Part 3

Fushigi Academy [Anime]

After what had happened with Seiko, Shina couldn't wait to get the auditions done with and leave the crowded school. Not only was she irritated and impatient but there were many others in the room. 

She looked at her card number that she had gotten at the front desk from before. "Participant #0165." She was starting to get tried of sitting down. 

"Wow, Shina! You're number 0165? You're turn is coming up soon." Shina turned her head to look at the boy who suddenly spoke to her. 

"Walk away." She said, her brows furrowing in annoyance.

He waved aside her demand and seated himself next to her. "Of course not. Besides, I need your help."

She scoffed at his ridiculous statement. She didn't even know who the boy was. "Excuse me?"

"You see that cute boy over there with the black fluffy hair?" He pointed towards... It was the boy that Shina had recognized as the one from the scandalous kissing scene earlier.

"'Cute' is a rather subjective term." She voiced, her taste was rather different. The boy was laughing along with the girl with electric blue hair tips from earlier. They must be really close.

The boy next to her turned to face her, grabbing her shoulders to make sure she was paying attention. "He's totally my type. You need to be my wingwoman and ask for his number. Put in good words for me."

A ghost smile played on her lips before disappearing. "I don't know your name—"

"Like, you could tell him I'm hot, y, and—"

In frustration, her hand rose to smack the boy's arm. "Your name first, please."

Rubbing his arm, he said "Oh, I'm Hakkab Haldjsk, your new best friend. By the way, I love your blouse. Such a cute black ribbon too."

"Uh, thanks..."

"Where did you buy this skirt? This black skirt looks like such good material. Rich people material, I bet."

She smiled genuinely for once today. She liked his dynamic personality, he wasn't a boring person like her tutors. "Let's just go shopping together instead of you analyzing my outfit to pieces."

"I could never wear a skirt like that. It's not big enough to cover myself."

Shina let the boy entertain her while she waited. She didn't mind his presence so far. Besides, she had to know his personality more to know what to say to the boy he was interested in.

A while passed and the overhead speakers drew her attention. "Participant #0165." A female voice said out loud.

"It's my time." Shina said as she stood up and walked towards the audition room. 

"My bestie Shina's got this!" Hakkab called out to her.

She combed her fingers through her beautiful light brown hair, everyone moving to make a path for her. All their eyes were on her, she was like a living doll.

***

"Welcome to Fushigi Academy's audition day. We would like you to know your audition is being recorded and shared with everyone else. Before you begin your performance, please state your name and what your performance is." The judge sitting in the middle said. 

Shina cleared as she adjusted the microphone down to her level. "My name is Sasaki Shina—"

After stating who she was, an uproar began. Everyone was now talking about the girl who just introduced herself as Sasaki Shina. 

"Sasaki Shina? As in the Sasaki Shina?"

"I can't believe we have someone like her auditioning for Fushigi Academy!"

"I bet she's super good! Just like her brother!"

Shina flinched for moment at the mention of "brother". She hated being compared to him and no one was an exception.

She cleared then calmly said into the microphone, "And I will be playing my violin."

On cue, her forgotten butler standing backstage rushed out with her violin, whom she had nicknamed Lillian.

***Magnet by Megurine Luka (Violin)***

The audience was clapping after she finished. Everyone was amazed by the girl and her talent.

"Oh my... That was absolutely beautiful! Impressively captivating!" A female judge said to her. The judge's admiration for her talent could be visiblely seen. 

"You've exceeded my expectations, Sasaki-san." Another male judge complimented. 

"Thank you." Shina replied shortly.

She walked off the stage and down the stairs, the clapping continued. As she walked outside the auditorium, the others outside also clapped for her and cheered her on. 

Hakkab walked up to her, congratulating her and they exchanged contacts before he left for his own auditions.

"Finally..." She mumbled to herself. She was tired, glad the day was over with, and happy to see her butler who would drive her home again or rather, back to the golden gates of prison.