Chapter 1; Part 2

Fushigi Academy [Anime]

It's been over an hour since Eunsang has waited outside of the music auditorium for her audition, and she felt like she was going to just fall asleep out of boredom. The chair she sat on, along with Ryou, was beginning to pain her buttocks and she just felt like laying down instead. 

"When are they going to call our names?" Eunsang sighed with a short breath as she looked at Ryou, who looked off into the distance at the humongous crowds of aspiring teenagers, who were wishing to get accepted into the academy.

Ryou turned his head to look at Eunsang, who was slouching, and then back at the crowds. "I don't know," he sighs. "But it better be soon though, I didn't come all the way from Osaka just to wait..."

Eunsang fiddled with the card with her hands, bending the edges as she begins to fold it in random folds. The card reads her audition number in obsidian ink, along with the academy's black and white crown logo right on the top-center. 

Coincidentally the loudspeakers that were placed on the music auditorium's buildings turn on, making a loud squeak before the woman's voice spoke. 

"Participant #0154." A woman's voice said loudly through the speakers.

"Isn't that you?" Ryou says as he grabbed the card-stock sheet out of Eunsang's hands. 

"What was that for?" Eunsang chuckled as she leans over to read the card. Her eyes begin widen when she reads the numbers on the cards. "I-It is!"

Eunsang grabs the card out of Ryou's hands and immediately bolted to the music auditorium, her feet running as fast as it could towards the entrance of the building. 

"G-Good luck!" Shouts Ryou as he sees Eunsang disappearing into the building. He sighs deeply, and then grabs his card from his sweater's pockets. Reading it, he realizes that he will be next to audition right after Eunsang. 

"0155," He softly speaks under his breath. "I'll be next then..."

***

Eunsang quickly opens the large doors and runs up onto the stage, her heavy breathing being heard by the judges that spotted her right as she arrived. She stands in the middle of the stage, facing the judges, who gave her strange looks. 

"Do you need water?" A girl with wavy bleached hair spoked to her. It was hard to tell if that girl was a judge or not. She grabbed a plastic cup from under the table and then pours her water bottle into the cup. "You can take a quick break before you begin, we can hear your breathing from across the stage."

Eunsang takes a couple of deep breaths, and then responds with, "Y-yes please!" as she jumps off stage to the kind girl. Taking the cup from the other girl's hands, she chugs it down within every gulp. 

"T-Thank you... Faith!" Eunsang read the name tag on her shirt. So she's a third year, not a judge. 

*** 

A couple minutes later, Eunsang is on-top of the stage again and is facing the judges. 

"May I begin?" Asks Eunsang as she smiles at the judges. 

"Not quite yet," The Faith says. "Before you begin, we would like to inform you that you are being recorded, and the footage would be shared with others. What is your name and what song will you be singing?" 

Eunsang clears and looks straight at the judges in the eyes. "I'm Kim Eunsang and I will be singing Speak Now by Taylor Swift." 

***Speak Now by Taylor Swift***

I am not the kind of girl,
Who should be rudely bargin' in on a white veil occasion,
But you are not the kind of boy,
Who should be marryin' the wrong girl

I sneak in and see your friends,
And her snotty little family, all dressed in pastel,
And she is yelling at a bridesmaid,
Somewhere back inside a room,
Wearing a gown shaped like a pastry,
This is surely not what you thought it would be,
I lose myself in a daydream,
Where I stand and say

"Don't say yes, run away now,
I'll meet you when you're out,
Of the church at the back door,
Don't wait or say a single vow,
You need to hear me out,"
And they said, "Speak now"

Fond gestures are exchanged,
And the organ starts to play
A song that sounds like a death march,
And I am hiding in the curtains,
It seems I was uninvited by your lovely bride-to-be,
She floats down the aisle like a pageant queen,
But I know you wish it was me,
You wish it was me, don't you?

Don't say yes, run away now,
I'll meet you when you're out,
Of the church at the back door,
Don't wait or say a single vow,
You need to hear me out,
And they said, "Speak now"

Don't say yes, run away now,
I'll meet you when you're out,
Of the church at the back door,
Don't wait or say a single vow,
Your time is running out,
And they said, "Speak now"

I hear the preacher say,
"Speak now or forever hold your peace,"
There's a silence, there's my last chance,
I stand up with shaking hands,
All eyes on me,
Horrified looks from everyone in the room,
But I'm only lookin' at you

I am not the kind of girl,
Who should be rudely bargin' in on a white veil occasion,
But you are not the kind of boy,
Who should be marryin' the wrong girl

Don't say yes, run away now,
I'll meet you when you're out,
Of the church at the back door,
Don't wait or say a single vow,
You need to hear me out,
And they said, "Speak now"

And you say, "Let's run away now,
I'll meet you when I'm out of my tux at the back door,
Oh baby, I didn't say my vow,
So glad you were around when they said, "Speak now"

Eunsang finishes off the song and then bows down formally. The final words of the song echoes within the auditorium, so much that it gave the judges chills down the spine. 

"Amazing!" A male judge compliments and gives a clap. "How is your voice so strong? You are one of the few that have this... Extraordinary powerful voice!"

"Thank you, sir." Eunsang says with a cheerful smile. "It just took some practice here and there, along with lots of encouragement." 

As she said those words, she smiles and thinks of Ryou, who's words repeated in her head. She then begins to leave the stage, her steps filling up the auditorium and out of the building, followed by the awed eyes of all the judges and the school's old student along with loud claps, even the ones by the people outside the room.