Prolouge

Fushigi Academy [Anime]

It was a beautiful spring day for the day of the auditions.

Fushigi Academy is known to be one of the best schools in the world; the most prestigious high school in Japan, as the school for the skilled and talented. The special school was began as a public school, but as it gained popularity and developed over the years, they shut down the school to the public and it became a private academy for people the school truly believed that had a chance to graduate and pursue further goals.

The school is separated into buildings, depending on what course they're taking. There are many courses, such as Art, Literature, Business, Sports, and Music.

Today was the day where everyone from all over Japan, and even the world, came over and audition to enroll into the prestigious academy.

"Welcome to Fushigi Academy!" The light blond, wavy haired girl said as she waved hello to the teenagers who aspired to enroll into this academy. Faith let out a grin as she looked up into the sky. The pink petals from the sakura trees flowed with the wind as the 3rd Year continued to greet everyone at the gate, along with her former classmates.

"Welcome!" "Hi!" "Nice to meet you!"

Faith felt pleased as everyone gave her a kind smile and shook her hand.

"What a cool car!"

"Who does it belong to?"

"They must be very rich."

Faith's ears began to wander as she heard the commotion going on in front of the school gates. She turned her eyes towards the crowd that seemed to be standing near the black onyx limousine. "Isn't that the Sasaki crest?" A voice in the crowd perked up. Everyone's eyes adverted towards the elegant metal symbol that stood on the hood of the long limousine.

"Miss, we're here." A male voice said. As the door of the car swung open, a beautiful girl with long, brown hair stood up. She stepped out gracefully as the door to the limousine was shut. Her deep brown eyes seemed to shine, catching everyone's attention. 

"She's so pretty!"

"Look at her!"

"What a beauty..."

The same man from earlier, her butler, followed behind her. She stopped only after a few paces, eyes narrowing at him. "Don't follow me."

Her icy tone made the man stop in his tracks. He bowed his head and stepped backwards. 

The girl hid her frown at the staring crowd. The shine in her eyes dulled as if everything was nothing but a bore to her. Each step she took, everyone else took a step back, and eventually began to make a path for her.

"Nuisance." Shina said to herself as she ran her fingers through her light brown hair.

Faith let out a sigh as she turned her attention back over to the new students. She hoped the indifferent girl wasn't going to be one of those girl.

Putting back on her usual charming smile, she turned towards two people walking rather close to each other.

"Welcome to Fushigi Academy! Good luck on your audition." Faith said, waiting for a response. The shorter female stood there, not even bothering to look up at her.

"Oh, I'm very sorry. She's a little shy." A male voice spoke. Faith turned her attention towards the taller male, who stood right next to the pale girl. "My name is Yamada Daichi," He said. "And this little girl is Nishino Rina."

Rina lifted her fist and punched Daichi on the arm. 

"Rina, I don't enjoy being punched." Daichi said, keeping a straight face. 

"And I don't enjoy you calling me little." Rina replied, her voice sounding quiet and soft. 

Faith gave a faint smile at the two. They seemed to be very close.

"Nishino-san hopes to get into this academy this year." Daichi said, turning his attention back over to the blonde haired girl. "Well, I hope you get in. It would be nice to have a new face here at this academy." Faith said as she waved goodbye as they began to walk away.

Rina let out an annoyed sigh as the two of them walked away from her. 

"You're so annoying." Rina said, still clinging onto Daichi. 
"And yet you've been dealing with me for the past five years, M'Lady." Daichi said with a kind smile.

Rina glared up at him. "I thought I already told you to never call me that when we're outside in public." She said, turning her face away from the taller male.

Daichi let out a playful laugh as he playfully placed his hand onto the wealthy girl's chocolate brown hair. 

"I'm very sorry, Rina-chan." He said, giving her a warm and comforting smile.

The dark brown haired girl let out a sigh as she swatted his hand away. "Apology accepted..." Rina muttered.

"How cute." Faith giggles to herself as she turns her attention back over to the school gates. Immediately, her attention was caught onto two people, a girl with long brown hair with electric blue tips and a guy with a fluffy black hair.

He fixed his glasses from falling off the bridge of his nose as he ran after the girl.

"Can you stop chasing me, Ryou?! It's too early in the morning for me to be running!" The foreign girl shouted as she ran past the school gates.

"I'm not chasing you! You're just running away from me, Eunsang!" Ryou shouted back.

"DON'T RUN ON SCHOOL GROUNDS!" Faith yelled, almost screamed as she stomped towards the girl with the eccentric dyed hair. "They must be middle class citizens to not realize that this is private property that shouldn't be used to run on..." Faith sighed.

Eunsang stopped right in her tracks, after hearing the loud, somewhat angry voice yell throughout the crowd. She knew immediately it was her that the feminine voice was yelling at. Quickly, she turned around.

"Hear that Ryou?! Stop run--"

Faith's eyes widened as she stopped in her tracks. She slowly began to walk backwards, very awkwardly, moving away from the scene that was right in front of her.

The the male was on top of her, Ryou's lips pressed against Eunsang's.

Both of their eyes were widened with shock as Ryou quickly picked himself off of the Korean girl, his glasses falling off while doing so. Eunsang slowly picked herself up as she grabbed his glasses.

"Eunsang, I-I'm sorry! It was an accident!" Ryou said, bowing multiple times, as though he was asking for forgiveness. Eunsang let out an awkward laugh as she handed Ryou his glasses.

"It's alright. Accidents happen all the time." Eunsang said as she slowly wiped her lips. Ryou's face blushed red as he crouched down onto his knees, sitting fetal position. Eunsang looked down at her childhood friend, who had just taken her first kiss. Eunsang blushed slightly as she shook her head, vigorously.

"C-Come on. We gotta go into the Music Course building." Eunsang said, taking her mind off of what had just happened just now.

Ryou's face was covered under his arms. He could practically feel the heat emitting off his face as he slowly took a deep, and quiet breath. "Alright." Ryou said, standing up. He could feel his legs become weak as he picked himself up.

"Here."

The half-Korean, half-Japanese male looked up and saw her hand reaching out to him. Hesitantly, he grasped Eunsang's hand. Helping him up, she held his hand as the two of them walked down the path.

Faith gulped slightly as she let out a sigh at the awkward situation. Though... she couldn't tell if they were dating or not...

"Ugh." A soft voice scoffed. Shina had paused in her path to witness the scene.

"Oh my, is that Shina?"

The brown haired girl flinched as she felt anger boil from her skin. She knew exactly who's whiny voice that belonged to...

Taking a deep breath, Shina twirled around and glared at her. That dark, red hair of hers always seemed to aggravate Shina.

"Hm, it's Seiko. I didn't think of you as someone who would try for Fushigi Academy. Let me guess, you're going to threaten to sue the school if 'poor, innocent Seiko' doesn't land a spot on the accepted list?"

Shina slightly smiled innocently, rather pleased at Seiko's reaction.

"Why must you always insult me? I come from a bloodline of famous samurais from the Sengoku period, and yet you'd still yell at someone who's a descendant of the family that saved Japan?" Seiko said, as she placed a hand on her hip.

"Oh yeah, congratulations." Shina replied sarcastically as she rolled her eyes. "Run off with your tornado pigtails and go play samurai or something. You're such a bane in my life."

Seiko bit her lips, angrily.

"Ugh! I don't even know why I even bothered to call out your name! I just wanted to accept an apology from you for all the pain and sadness you caused me throughout the years! I thought that maybe you have matured but no. You just had to be the rude, and self-centered person you always were." Seiko said, rather outrageously. 

Tears began to form in her eyes. "You really have no kindness in you..."

"I can't believe she made her cry..."

"Guess she isn't as pretty on the inside as she is on the outside."

"What an attitude..."

"But she's rather humoring. 'Tornado pigtails' was quite a line."

Shina sighed in annoyance as she turned around, her hair flying in soft waves behind her, refusing to look over at the 'crying' girl who stood behind her. Everyone felt her anger as she stormed off.

"Move." She said firmly as she made her way towards the Music Course building.

Shina was pissed off, first thing in the morning. She really just needs to get onto the accepted list so she can go ahead and leave already.

"It's okay, Seiko-chan!"

"Yeah, wipe away your tears."

Seiko gave a weak smile as the others began to gather around her. "Thank you, all." Seiko said, wiping away her tears. She gave a little sniffle as she gave a bright, adorable smile to everyone.

"I'm just going to go..." A soft voice said from behind her. Seiko turned around her and looked down at the girl who looked almost exactly the same as her. "Yeah, it's alright, Sayoko. You can go ahead and go first. I'll catch up to you later." Seiko said, giving her a soft smile.

Quickly, Sayoko bolted from behind Seiko, hoping not to get noticed by anyone, and also hoping not to get mistaken for Seiko.

Sayoko and Seiko are identical twins. Sayoko, having long, straight, dark red hair, didn't enjoy crowded spaces, or being the center of attention. Seiko, having long, curly, dark red hair in pigtails, was more of an extrovert who always ends up being the center of attention, one way or another.

"DON'T RUN ON SCHOOL GROUNDS!" Faith yelled, almost screamed, once again as she stared over at the girl with the dark red hair. "Another eccentric hair color..." Faith murmured, raising an eyebrow at her own dyed hair.

"Not that I should say anything." Faith sighed as she ran her fingers through her wavy bleached blonde hair.

Sayoko turned around, looking back to see who was yelling at her to stop running. As she came to a stop, she felt a large body press against her shoulder. Quickly, she turned around and looked at the person.

His large and tall exterior intimidated her as she looked up at him.

Slowly, his piercing, olive green eyes glared down upon the shorter female.

Sayoko felt as though her heart almost stopped as the terrifying male glared down at her.

"I-I-I'm sorry!" Sayoko yelled as she stepped aside and bolted past him.

The black haired male let out an annoyed sigh as he shoved his hands into his jean pockets. Slowly, he looked up at the buildings that stood in front of him.

"So this is Fushigi Academy? What a joke..." He growled as he angrily walked towards the building.

Faith's eyes widened as she watched the girl with dark red hair continue running. "Excuse me!" Faith shouted, outrageously. She let out an annoyed groan as she watched the running girl bump into a guy and continued running. "Some people just have no manners." She sighed.

"Excuse me, miss, but I'm wondering where I should go?"

The blonde haired female turned around and looked towards the source of the voice. By her surprise, she lifted her neck and looked up at the taller male.

In a flirtatious manner, he grasped her hand and placed a gentle kiss. "I'm sorry, Madam, I didn't realize I was speaking with a Princess until now." The brown haired male said, giving a charming smile. "My name is Yukimura Jun, and you are...?"

Faith raised an eyebrow at him.

"Um, excuse me?" She said, slowly slipping her hand out of his grasp. "I'm sorry, I don't enjoy being touched without permission, more or less kissed on the hand by someone I've never met before." Faith slowly wiped her hand upon the formal coat he wore. Giving an innocent smile, Faith answered his question.

"My name is Akiyama Faith." She said, removing her hand from his jacket. "Welcome to Fushigi Academy. Good luck on your audition."

And with that, Faith turned around and walked towards the school gate.

In the distance, Jun heard the faint voice of Faith greeting the other students. Meanwhile, he began walking towards the sakura trees. He gave a smile as he looked up at the pink petals.

"You tried, Jun..." He murmured as he rested his forehead against the tree trunk, his face blushing red with embarrassment. "You tried and you failed..." Slowly he began to drag his forehead down the trunk of the tree, as he crouched in embarrassment.

"Who's over by the Sakura tree?"

"What a freak, don't look at him."

Immediately, Jun bolted up at the sound of female voices. Turning around, he gave a charming smile towards the posse of girls that were just insulting him. He smirked as the girls began to grin and wave at him.

'Don't let her bring you down, Jun. You've got your own charm.' He thought as he walked towards the group of girls.

It was an eventful morning. The blonde haired female looked down at her wristwatch.

"8:50AM." She muttered to herself. 

Feeling the cool Spring wind blow in the direction of the buildings, she watched as the gates began to close. "Auditions start in ten minutes!" Faith shouted, making sure that everyone who was left outside heard her. She listened as the voices of her former classmates shouted the same line as well.

She smiled as an old classmate walked up towards her. "Bet you're excited for this year!" Her friend exclaimed, playfully wrapping her arm around hers. Faith let out a faint laugh.

"Of course! This year I get to actually be in the competition."

Her former classmate giggled. "I don't think I'm as confident as you to not be nervous for the competition." She said. "Thank god I'm not in the Music Course."

Faith grinned.

"It's not that I'm confident, I just have a feeling that something different will happen this year."

Her former classmate let out a small grin. "Oh I bet." She said, teasingly. "Now come on, you might as well go ahead and go watch the auditions for the music course. Maybe you'll see something different~" She cooed as she dragged Faith.

"Alright, alright, let's go!" Faith giggled as her former classmates began to gather together, and go their own ways as they entered their course's main building. Faith grinned as she walked into the large auditorium that they use for the Music Course Auditions.

Oh the memories...

She picked a seat close to the front, almost next to the judge's seats. As Faith sat down with a few of her former classmates, the blonde girl let out a sigh.

"Now then... Let's see if there will be something different this year."

+~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~+

A|N: Alright hello, Fae here! This is a collaboration fanfic written and planned by everyone in MysticQueens, aside from Rin Ah. This chapter was written by me, edited by Jieun, and the ideas were gathered by all of us. This prologue is simply just an introduction to most of the characters who will be featured in our story! Of course, we still have a few more characters to introduce, but we'll save that for later. I apologize for the long prologue, but I figure that this would be better to show off the characters and their personalities. Much said, thanks for reading our prologue to 'Fushigi Academy'!

|| xColorizedScar // Heo Fae ||