Chapter 1; Part 1

Fushigi Academy [Anime]

Inside of the  Auditorium seemed to be a very large place for Nishino Rina. She gazed around the entire auditorium and took a step towards the staircase on the side of the stage. Looking down at her black polished shoes and pleated skirt, she walked towards the microphone stand that stood on the middle of the enormous stage.

"Hi there. Before you begin, we want to inform you that this audition is being recorded, and being shared with the other people. What is your name and what song are you going to be singing?"

Rina slightly looked up as she took a soft, deep, breath.

"My name is... Nishino Rina..." She spoke sweetly into the microphone, her voice sounding soft and quiet, despite the microphone. "I'm going to be singing a song that I wrote... It's called, um, 'Rapunzel'."

The introverted girl watched as the judged glanced at each other, as though they were doubting her.

Closing her hazel eyes, she fiddled with the tips of her hair, and began to sing her song.

****** [ Rapunzel - KuroKumo ] ******

I live in this room without a window,

with eyes unable to see.

There's not much of a story to tell; just that the flowers were in bloom,

and together, we were admiring the night.

Have you changed, I wonder?

You must have changed, I bet.

My heart's in pain as I wait for spring.

With my eyes open, I find the flowers drenched in the late autumn shower.

This farewell is the price I have to pay for the time I had with you.

That sin is my very punishment.

These eyes of mine are unable to see,

but I wish I could see you.

Then again, without a window, I can't see so much as the setting sun.

Back when I was a child, I could go all the way to the moon.

Within my dream, I could even soar in the sky.

If my eyes cannot see you,

then what shall be my punishment?

If God wouldn't tell me anything,

then who else could forgive me?

I'm waiting for someone, in this desert without a window.

That's the kind of landscape invoked by my empty ashtray and beer cans.

My life is like living on the top of a tall, tall tower,

where I let down a single strand of my heart.

Then someone finally climbed up.

And that someone was you.

My heart's in pain as I wait for spring—

a light blue color conjured out of my helpless agony.

We must say goodbye.

That should be enough for you to understand.

My heart's in pain as I wait for spring.

With my eyes open, I find the flowers drenched in the late autumn shower.

This farewell is the price I have to pay for the time I had with you.

That punishment is what brought about this weakness in me. 

This is my dream as I wait for spring.

***

Opening her eyes, waking herself up from her little world to reality, Rina took a step behind the mic, and took a formal bow. The students' clapping made her felt shy and nervous.

"Nishino-san, if it's alright with you, we'd like to ask you some more questions and give you our opinions." an older looking male said, speaking into his microphone connected onto the judge's table. Rina gave a small nod as she stood there, her hands on top of each other and placed gracefully onto her lap.

"Good morning, Nishino-san." An older woman said as she spoke up. "Thank you for coming here today."

"If you don't mind me asking, how did you create this song? What was your thinking process, what was the meaning behind it?" The young looking man asked with a polite smile.

Rina adverted her eyes from him.

"It's a sad song about loving someone that you can't love. I kinda just thought of it one day and... yeah..." She said, softly, as she fiddled her bangs.

"How complicated." The three judges claimed as they gave her an quite applause.

In the distance, Rina's eyes adverted from the ground and towards the light blonde color in the audience. Faith noticed the shorter female from before and gave her a small wave, with an encouraging smile.

Rina turned back towards the judges, totally ignoring Faith's polite gesture. The bleach blonde haired female let out a sigh as she watched the girl walk down from the stage, and exit the auditorium.

As she walked out of the auditorium, the noise of the other students applauding her echoed into the auditorium.

"How was it?" A voice asked as she sat down on a nearby bench.

A large sigh exits and puts her head down on the man's shoulder.

"Tiring" she says.

"Such a typical answer" he says, patting her head.