Chapter 4

Lay Me Down
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What are you doing here?”

I frown not liking that I already feel unwanted the minute I step into the hospital room. This is not how I imagined it to be before coming down here. I thought we were already cool, I thought Ryeowook was starting to accept me back into his life. I mean… He accepted the cheesecake I bought for him yesterday and kind of smiled and thanked me sweetly…. Now, he’s looking at me like I just committed a crime for coming down here to visit his daughter and him. What the…

“I’m here to visit your daughter.” I explain, shrugging and then realizing that Ryeowook’s baby girl is hiding under her blanket. I tilt my head, confused, “Is she okay?’

“She’s being stubborn,” Ryeowook simply answers and then looks sternly at me, “And you can go now that that you’ve seen her.”

I groan, “Are you kidding me?”

Ryeowook seems to ignore my existence after that as he stomps over to his daughter’s bedside and urges her to stop fooling around. I cringe watching as Ryeowook raising his voice and the poor girl hiding under the covers starts to shake in fear. I mean…. Holy hell.. Who wouldn’t be frightened by that?

“Kim Yoora, I’m giving to count until five and if you don’t stop fooling around, I’m going to be very very mad.” Ryeowook warns the girl.

“You can’t do that,” I argue interrupting Ryeowook, “Obviously, she’s afraid of you and won’t listen to you if you keep raising your voice like that.”

“It’s none of your business.’

Ryeowook again ignores me and starts counting and by the time he shouts three, the poor girl is taking off the cover and reveals herself to her father. Her cheeks is drenched with tears while she sobs sadly. Ryeowook sighs and grabs a plate of rice from the hospital table and sits next to the girl on the bed. He then scoops a spoon full of rice and brings it to Yoora’s mouth. Yoora however clamps shut, shaking her head vigorously.

“Yoora,” Ryeowook warns again.

The girl stubbornly continues to shake her head, refusing to eat. Ryeowook starts getting frustrated and by the look on his face, starts to look like he’s losing his patience. When Ryeowook had enough of his daughter’s stubbornness, he slams the spoon back onto the plate, ready to explode at his daughter. I quickly pull him by his wrist and drag him away.

“Listen, why don’t you let me try feeding her?” I suggested softly, “Why don’t you get some air?”

Ryeowook does not nod, neither does he shakes his head. He roughly pulls his hands away from me and then walks out of the room without a single glance back at his daughter. I’m really curious of Ryeowook’s sudden change in behaviour again but decide to ponder about that later. I turn to Yoora who is staring at the door with tears swimming in her eyes.

“Hey there,” I greet softly, “Remember me?”

Yoora nods but does not say anything. I walk over to the side of her bed and take a sit next to her, “How are you feeling?”

When she does not reply, I continue, “Are you hungry?”

She shakes her head timidly, “No.”

I’m about to ask her another question but instead, Yoora grabs my hands and asks, “Is Appa angwry?”

“I want Appa!”

I shake my head and run my hands through her hair, “He’s not angry, Yoora. He’s just a little sad that you don’t want to eat. He wants you to get better you know.”

“But… He’s… Appa leave Yoora alone!”

“He didn’t leave you, honey.” I chuckle, wiping her tears away. “He’s just going to go to the bathroom for a little while.”

“He’ll be back soon, no worries.” I pause and then continue, “In the meantime, why don’t you eat something and surprise him when he’s back with an empty plate? I bet he’ll be really proud of you if you do that!”

Yoora eyes the food on the table and looks back at me with hesitant eyes. “I’m not hungwry.”

“You’re not? Hmmm… Then how about just a few spoons?”

When the girl refuses to respond, I try asking, “Can you do it for your appa?”

When Yoora finally reluctantly nods, I feeling like raising my hands in the air. Yeahhh, I did it! I quickly grab the plate and scoop a spoon full of rice and bring the spoon up the mouth. When she opens and takes a bite from the spoon, I couldn’t help but grin wide.

Damn right. No one can resist my charms. Not even a little girl. Not even Ryeowook’s little girl.

Of course I shower Yoora with compliments telling her that her Appa must be proud and all that. I manage to feed her about

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter