Chapter 2

Lay Me Down
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Ryeowook,

Is not the person I once remembered him to be. But then again, had I really known his true personality back then when we were still together? Because I’m pretty sure that if I did, I wouldn’t be here right now with a heart thumping so wildly and painfully against my chest, wondering what went wrong and what would have happened if…

“Ah, this is Ryeowook,” Donghae grins, swinging an arm around Ryeowook’s waist as he pulls him closer. Donghae then adds with a wink, “He’s my other half.”

Ryeowook frowns, pushing Donghae away and then in a very serious and emotionless voice, says, “We’ve met, Hae.”

The hairs on the back of my neck stands at the sound of Ryeowook’s smooth voice. It sounds the same - soft, smooth and so angelic. But of course, I cannot help but notice the lack of emotions or warmth in his voice or how his eyes looks so hard and distant. This is not the Ryeowook I used to know. Ryeowook used to be… Lively, cheerful, sweet, kind…

Or maybe… Had this been his real personality all this time?

Donghae, Ryeowook’s other half, does not flinch however. He grins as if he’s used to it all and looks between the both of us, “Ah really? What a coincidence! It’s such a small world, isn’t it?”

“It is,” I nod my head, agreeing wholeheartedly.

Ryeowook shakes his head and then presses his fingers against the bridge of his nose, “Hae, please bring Yoora in and tuck her in bed.”

“Oh right, sure!” Donghae then takes the little girl from me and then carries her into one of the rooms. Before he disappears into the room though, he askes, “Do you need me to set up the table while you catch up with your old friend, Wookie?”

“No.” Ryeowook answers straightforwardly and then his cold eyes meets mine, “Kyuhyun’s leaving.”

Donghae hesitantly shrugs and then disappears, looking as if he wants to say something but does not see the point anymore. When I’m left alone with Ryeowook, I start fidgeting, my eyes looking around the house, everywhere and anywhere except on Ryeowook. But when Ryeowook clears his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter