The 5 of Him #4

The 5 of Him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They walk side by side. Even Chanyeol still feel insecure whether Kyungsoo really accept him the way he is or not, but still he wants to be with Kyungsoo, as himself. Kyungsoo offers Chanyeol to stay at his dorm for tonight, maybe more, as long as he can keep Chanyeol being Chanyeol because Kyungsoo knows himself, he misses the tall guy.

Not words much to say between them two. But Kyungsoo’s mind filled with so much questions he wants to throw to Chanyeol. Maybe later, when they arrived at the dorm. Kyungsoo’s hand keep holding Chanyeol’s because at some point he doesn’t understand, he feels like Chanyeol would be gone if he let his holds off.

“Come in..”, Kyungsoo welcomes Chanyeol as they arrived at his dorm. Chanyeol feels familiar with the dorm. Of course he is, Sehun once stay the night some days before.

But still, Chanyeol doesn’t say any words. He just sits right away and watching Kyungsoo cleaning up his rooms.

“I’m sorry it’s such a mess”, Kyungsoo apologizes.

And still, Chanyeol doesn’t say a word and Kyungsoo knows that Chanyeol isn’t very comfortable when his true self revealed. His self esteem is dropping down. So Kyungsoo stops his activity and come near Chanyeol.

“Is there anything bothering you?”

“No, I’m just..”, Chanyeol says uncomfortably, not sure what to say. “I’m better taking my leave”, Chanyeol says and sit up but Kyungsoo prevents him to leave.

“Can’t you stay?”, Kyungsoo never begs to anyone, but right now he sounds like he’s begging. And only Park Chanyeol makes him do that. “Can’t you at least stay? For tonight?”, Kyungsoo really begs right now.

“Soo..”

“Please..”

Kyungsoo begs, so Chanyeol stays.

Kyungsoo makes coffees for both of them. And not like the real Kyungsoo, he talks too much for Kyungsoo’s standard. It’s somehow confusing for Chanyeol. But it’s not like the latter mind about noisy Kyungsoo. Because maybe Kyungsoo still need an explanations.

“So, you’ll change if you fall asleep?”, Kyungsoo asks before he sips his coffee. And he looks at Chanyeol’s cup that still filled with his coffee.

“How could you know?”

“You told me once, when you try to reveal yourself but I mad at you instead listen to your story. And, You changed before, at the bus, when the guy from the Gallery fell asleep and woke up as.. you?”

“Oh.. that.. you’re not wrong about that”

“I’m sorry for thinking that you were made up that story”, Kyungsoo apologizes.

And Chanyeol start to tell all his tale to Kyungsoo. And the more he tells the more Kyungsoo learns about Chanyeol and his other 4. Kyungsoo knows that the guy from the gallery named Suho, he was the oldest and wisest of Chanyeol and he own the Gallery. He knows about Baekhyun who wasn’t Chanyeol’s best friend rather than he was other Chanyeol. He knows Krystal’s boyfriend named Jongin was another self of Chanyeol, and he’s actually not Krystal’s boyfriend. And the guy name Sehun who stay at his dorm before was  Chanyeol too. He tries to learn all of them and try hard to hide his amazed feeling about Chanyeol’s story. To be honest, still it’s hard for Kyungsoo to believe. But he looks at Chanyeol’s eyes, and he’s not playing games with his story.

Kyungsoo can see on Chanyeol’s eyes, that his story is a burden for him. That is not something he can be proud of. And listen to Chanyeol’s voice, Kyungsoo knows there’s a weight from his voices that his story isn’t light to be revealed.

Chanyeol doesn’t drink coffee except for tonight. When he finally realizes that Kyungsoo made the coffee to make him stay awake for tonight. Not to mention how the smaller guy keep throwing him so many question. And Chanyeol would do all that stuff, for Kyungsoo. He drinks the coffee at last. And he doesn’t sure what makes him able to drink that coffee, is it because either the coffee actually taste good or it’s because for Kyungsoo.

“What makes you decided to tell me your secret?”, Kyungsoo asks as he’s about to make another coffee for their second round.

“Because I trust you, I guess..”, Chanyeol answers as he step closer to Kyungsoo to prevent him make another coffee. Just because he can finish the first cup, and he can’t deny it taste good, he prefer not to drink it for more because the caffeine makes him dizzy.

“What makes you trust me, then?”, Kyungsoo asks again as he keep trying to make another coffee. “You don’t want another cup? Then I’ll make a cup for me only”, he asks the taller guy.

“There’s some things you can feel but can’t explain, Kyungsoo-ah..”, Chanyeol says as he keep prevents Kyungsoo to make another coffee. “And you have enough coffee, I know what you’re trying to do here”, Chanyeol stops Kyungsoo’s action when he’s about to pouring the hot water for his coffee.

“What do you mean? I just want to make a coffee”, Kyungsoo says try to hide his real intention.

“So that we can stay awake all night? Your eyes already heavy, Soo. It’s not good to hold your sleepy eyes like that”, Chanyeol drags Kyungsoo’s small body to the bed so he can leave his coffee and just go to sleep.

“but..”, Kyungsoo wants to protest, but he realize he act like a child for refusing to sleep so that he can see Chanyeol longer. As long as Chanyeol  doesn’t sleep, he wouldn’t change to others, right? But again, he can’t protest when the taller guy that he misses help him to lay on the bed. Chanyeol even put his tall body to the bed too, laying beside Kyungsoo.

They’re laying side by side as their faces facing each other. Not much talk, just studying each other figures. And again, Kyungsoo being the one who is nosy. Because tonight is all about Chanyeol, even with his eyes that half asleep.

“Come on, Yeol, tell me.. why you chooses me to hold your secret??”, Kyungsoo says even his eyes is heavy that Chanyeol wishes he just fall asleep.

“Just sleep, Soo..”, Chanyeol simply answers as he massages Kyungsoo’s forehead down to his nose bridge with his finger so Kyungsoo would fall asleep.

“Tell me, then I’ll sleep”, Kyungsoo promises.

“I don’t know, you just seems trustable”, Chanyeol says, simply to end the conversation so Kyungsoo would gives up his sleepiness.

“That must be a lie”

“That is not”

“I don’t believe it”

“It seems you want me to say something as you wish?”

“Maybe my wish is the truth from you?”

“What are you wishing?”

“Something you should’ve told me already because I’m really sleepy I can’t hold it anymore, Yeol..”, Kyungsoo can’t hide his whines and Chanyeol just can’t do anything but chuckling at him.

“Sleep then, Soo..”, Chanyeol keep massaging Kyungsoo’s forehead with his finger to make the latter closes his eyes.

“When I can see you again?”

“You can see me anytime you want, it just the physical that change, I’m still me inside”

“But it’s you whom I know”

“And me who knows you, sleep Soo”

After several times begging Kyungsoo to sleep, the smaller guy closing his eyes, maybe already on his dreamland as Chanyeol continue watching him. Watching Kyungsoo sleep peacefully makes Chanyeol forget that he have a burden on his life. Like everything that is bothering him all the time never ever existed. Because watching Kyungsoo makes him feel peaceful inside. As he sure that Kyungsoo really fall asleep, he continues tracing Kyungsoo’s faces with his hands, not only Kyungsoo’s forehead, but the entire faces that Chanyeol adores so much.

“It’s because I love you that makes me trust you, Soo”, Chanyeol finally reveal the truth. Pity that Kyungsoo already asleep. Or maybe it just because Chanyeol only dare to confess when his love asleep. What a coward. And he even more coward when he tries to steal a kiss on Kyungsoo’s forehead. After kissing him long enough, he starts to read Kyungsoo’s sleeping face again and he can’t believe that Kyungsoo’s lips is making a smiling form. He must have a nice dream, Chanyeol thought.

 

*

 

The next morning, Kyungsoo wake up with a bit scary feeling. He already awake but not yet opening his both eyes. Because he aware with the vision he would get when he open his eyes. But his second thought is wanting him to open his eyes immediately as he curious about which Chanyeol’s version he would get this morning.

Kyungsoo can’t hold his eyes close forever, so he slowly open his eyes and he can’t hide his relief smiles when he finds Chanyeol looking back at him. He wants to scream if only he forgot that would make him look like a crazy little guy, so he holds his tongue with his teeth to hold his screams. But then he remember, Chanyeol would change if he asleep, if he’s not changing yet, it means he haven’t slept yet.

“Why don’t you sleep, Yeol?”, Kyungsoo asks full of worries. And now it’s Kyungsoo’s turns to massages Chanyeol’s forehead.

“The coffee makes me stay awake”, Chanyeol simply answers as he leans to Kyungsoo’s touch.

“No.. wait.. I guess I remember something. When you stay here as Sehun, it was Sehun right? Were you not sleep too? Because he didn’t change that morning”

“That something new for me too, but I guess it just because he didn’t sleep well that day. Sehun can’t sleep on the floor”, Chanyeol explains.

“Ouch.. I don’t know that, I’m sorry. Were you okay that day?”

“I was panicked too, but Krystal gave me sleeping pill and I fell asleep right away and wake up as Suho”, Chanyeol explain without realizing that now his eyes already heavy. So then Kyungsoo stops being nosy and keep massaging Chanyeol’s forehead. When the taller guy fell asleep, he wake up from the bed to take a bath.

It takes about fifteen minutes for Kyungsoo to take a bath. When he came out, he looks at his bed and there’s someone different than Chanyeol laying on his bed. The figure not much smaller than Chanyeol but the hair is different. Chanyeol’s hair is blue ash, this guy had a pink hair and tan skin. The guy is turning his body that makes Kyungsoo would see the face clearer and he can guess right away it’s Jongin who take over Chanyeol’s body for today.

It feels strange, for Kyungsoo, to let this stranger sleep on his bed even he knows it’s still Chanyeol anyway. He then just sit on his couch that is facing his bed, watching the guy named Jongin sleeping, try to capture the moment, try to get used about the view that Jongin is still Chanyeol. Until finally the said guy wake up from his bed.

Like he always do, the first thing that Chanyeol do when he is awake is looking at his fingers. He find himself being Jongin and then realize that Kyungsoo is watching him.

“Ah.. I’m sorry I fell asleep”, Jongin says apologizing in the name of Chanyeol . Chanyeol doesn’t have a plan to change in front of Kyungsoo and let Kyungsoo knows him more than he should. He worries that Kyungsoo can’t handle everything about him. Still some things better to hide. But he can’t hold his sleepiness this morning.

“It’s alright. But, I’m sorry I’m afraid you should leave”, Kyungsoo says a bit cold not like he is talking to Chanyeol. But well, he’s not.

“Okay, I’ll taking my leave”, Jongin spends no more time as he try being polite to Kyungsoo. For Jongin, Kyungsoo is stranger too, even not for Chanyeol.

“Do you remember your way back to home from here?”

“I’ll taking the bus, it’s easy”

“Okay then..”

Jongin is about to walk out the door when Kyungsoo’s words stops him.

“Jongin.. can you say to Chanyeol if he’s back, I want to see him?”

“You’re saying to him right now, Soo. But yeah, I will tell him”

 

*

 

For being Krystal’s favorite version of Chanyeol, Jongin can find that he feels the same way to the said girl. It’s like he absorbs Krystal’s impression on him. Like the feeling can be mutual because he absorbs it. But he didn’t think much about that. Like he didn’t mind that he is the only one that Krystal talk to like he’s not Chanyeol, like he is himself rather than another version of Chanyeol. There’s something pride that Jongin feel, but Chanyeol try to control that feeling before Jongin being too dominant and taking over him. It’s possible, even Chanyeol’s not sure it would happen.

Jongin tells Krystal what happened between Chanyeol and Kyungsoo. Krystal could say that she’s happy. Chanyeol finally find someone he can rely on. Someone that motivates him to stay alive, to have a purpose on his burdening life. Even deep down she’s worry that Kyungsoo couldn’t take CHanyeol entirely. Or simply because she’s a bit jealous. Because it means she’s not the only one Chanyeol can rely on, anymore. Such a possessive best friend Chanyeol has.

“Are you trying to make an aegyo in front of me?”, Jongin asks as he looks at Krystal who is pouting after listening to his story.

“What? No! Why would I do that?”, Krystal says, try to deny it.

“Pity, your aegyo looks purely cute for me”, Jongin says as he throws a sweet smile to Krystal. Lucky him Chanyeol can’t meet him or he would be dead already

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter