Secrets and disappearances

The Purple Plant of Love [on hiatus]

The next day Jungkook was feeling awful. All he wanted to do was rest, so he slept all through the second free day and kept thinking about Taehyung’s sad eyes. Jungkook couldn’t understand why he was so bothered by that. He was just stating the truth, right?

After all that happened, the first day at the shop was unusually (reikia kokio adjective) peaceful. Jungkook was worried and nervous at first, it would be the first time meeting Taehyung after that so called date. But to his surprise Taehyung wasn’t at the shop the whole day. Jimin was casually reading a magazine and gossiping with himself about the latest news. Everything was quiet.

“Hyung, where is Taehyung?” Jungkook finally gave into the curiousness. Jimin, however, was more interested in why idol x left the band, so he just said “Working”, without even looking up from his magazine. Jungkook was just more restless with this answer. After barely ten minutes passed, he was already asking again. “Hyuuung” he groaned.

“What Jungkook-ah?” Jimin was now carefully watching the black haired boy walking restlessly around the room. Jungkook just gave Jimin a meaningful look, which made the orange haired boy giggle. He closed the magazine, showed Jungkook to sit down and started explaining “Taehyung has to help his parents to take care of shop over in the next district, he’s really busy right now”. The words made Jungkook relax a little, maybe he was just imagining things, maybe Taehyung wasn’t angry after all?

“But you know…” Jungkook’s thoughts were interrupted by Jimin’s soft voice again “Why are you worried? It’s not the first time Taehyung is not working at the shop”. Jimin was searching the younger boy’s eyes for clues, but all he could see was confusion. Jungkook sat down with a huff “I don’t know…”.

Jimin ruffled Jungkook’s hair and smiled at him. “It’s okay, no matter what happens Taehyung is kind, so he will forgive everything.” There was a glint in Jimin’s smile as if he noticed the reason Jungkook was nervous “That’s what’s great about him, but it’s his most horrible weakness. He gets hurt easily” he kept talking “I know you are kind Jungkook-ah, but don’t hurt Taehyung, at least for me. He suffered enough” the speech was over and Jimin was smiling kindly at Jungkook with understanding. The younger boy felt a huge weight form in his heart.

3 days without seeing Taehyung even for a moment drove Jungkook crazy. It was only on the fourth day and his shift was almost over when Taehyung came into the shop through the front door. He was carrying a two huge boxes with flowers, sweat was clearly seen on his forehead. Jungkook quickly ran over to the purple haired boy and took one box out of his hands. Taehyung smiled at Jungkook just like he always did “Thank you” …

Jungkook didn’t talk a lot with Taehyung that day and definitely didn’t say all he wanted to for the past few days. The purple haired boy was acting as if nothing had happened laughing, smiling the same way as before. Jungkook still felt guilty, because he felt as if Taehyung was colder, maybe it was his imagination, but his smile always had a sad glint.

The next week was the same, Taehyung only talked to Jungkook when completely necessary. The black haired boy was getting agitated by this. He was actually angry at everything, punching a wall, for example, was something he wanted to do too much. Jungkook felt as if something was missing too, something important. Jungkook ruffled his hair “I did nothing wrong and now I have to suffer!” he whined out.

While Jungkook was puffing like a hot pot, Jimin was observing him and laughing more then he should have. He found the whole situation just so hilarious, those children just seemed hopeless. So the orange haired boy decided to be a helper, a messiah for Jungkook’s suffering. He approached the younger boy who looked more like a sulking child than an angry adult “What’s up, rabbit boy?”.

Jungkook threw a dissatisfied look to Jimin and sighed “Nothing much…”. Jimin sat in front of Jungkook “Really, because it looks to me like you are ready to fight someone”. The younger boy looked at Jimin as if he was finally understood “It’s Taehyung, TAEHYUNG” Jungkook puffed out “That bastard is talking to me as if nothing happened and that’s okay, but why does he keep ignoring me”.

Jimin could barely hold in his laughter “Jungkook, my naïve Jungkookie” he cooed ” Taehyung is talking to you every day, he doesn’t ignore you and quite frankly he is treating you like he always did” Jimin smirked “So where is the problem?”. The orange haired boy was sure this would put Jungkook on the right track…

Jungkook’s eyes widened, he thought a second before answering “Yes… I was just imagining things, right? But something still feels off”. Obviously Jimin’s words didn’t put him on the right track, but at least it got him thinking. Jungkook was now focusing his whole energy to finding out what was wrong.

Jimin quietly sneaked out earlier than his shift was supposed to be over, leaving Jungkook to think alone in the shop. Jungkook was so focused on figuring things out, he didn’t move for at least an hour. Obviously Taehyung was not angry, right? Tae knew it was misunderstanding on his part and totally not Jungkook’s fault, right? The older boy was talking to Jungkook the normal amount, so were was the problem? Jungkook groaned out loud, why does he have to think so much….

“What’s wrong bro?” Jungkook almost jumped at the sudden voice. In front of him was the regular, the one who requests hugs with his flowers. His hair colour was now blond, it fit him quite well. Some would think he’s a normal person, but the fact that he was sitting on the floor, eating popcorn and staring at Jungkook for who knows how long stated otherwise. Jungkook looked at the guy, still confused as to why he was on the floor.

The blond started talking as if sensing Jungkook’s question “I came here to talk to Taehyung about my flowers, they’re in a bad condition… And there was no one around just you” he continued “but you were thinking so intensely I didn’t want to disturb, so I relaxed here” the guy shoved a hand full of popcorn into his mouth.

Jungkook knew better than to be confused, he knew Taehyung, this guy wasn’t that much weirder. “I can’t really consult you on flowers” Jungkook simply stated, hoping the guy would leave him to his thoughts. The blond scooted closer to the counter “Bro tell me your problems; I can consult about people… I know things”. Jungkook squinted at the guy who was still sitting on the floor. “Well, what better help can I hope for than from a guy sitting on the floor and eating popcorn” Jungkook thought.

And so the situation was explained to the curious stranger. The blond hearing the whole story nodded understandingly, he stood up and put his hand on Jungkook’s shoulder and dramatically said “Think harder man, the floor helps”. The blond walked away.

He walked away…. Jungkook was shocked and…. Inspired. The guy was so cool. Jungkook was now ready to think harder than ever. He looked at the clock, his shift was almost over. Jungkook sat on the ground, he must be like the blond, the ground will give him better insight. 10 minutes passed…then 15… then 20… then 30…. Jungkook was starting to feel frustrated, nothing was coming to mind. “That’s it, I give up” the black haired boy stood up and walked to the back of the shop. He roughly opened his locker. He was still so, so frustrated. Then there, in the locker, he saw a snowman sculpture.

It hit him instantly “Oh…” That’s right, he hadn’t received anything from Taehyung for the past 2 weeks and before the older male was so dedicated to giving gifts. 2 weeks of thinking and frustration hit Jungkook like a flower truck [A/N it’s 3 a.m at my place, I’m sorry]. Now he was just plain angry, he hit the locker door shut and stomped outside the shop. Jungkook was going to find Taehyung and he was going to do something about this.

It didn’t take long to find Taehyung. The purple haired boy was standing near the lemon tree, fiddling with the leaves. Hearing the steps from behind him, Tae turned around. “Jungkook-ah” Taehyung gave a surprised look “I thought your shift was over, why are you sti-” he was interrupted by Jungkook’s angry voice “YOU” he pointed at Tae “WHERE IS MY FREE STUFF”.

There was silence. Taehyung stood there looking at Jungkook with a confused look on his face. Jungkook felt his cheeks heating up “Wait… that came out wrong” still the anger was gripping him “Why did you stop giving me the gifts, are you angry because of that night? I was right, wasn’t I?! You ARE angry” Jungkook couldn’t stop talking “Why are you terrorising me with not giving me gifts every day!?”

Taehyung started laughing uncontrollably. Jungkook understood everything he just said, he now knew that that was the most embarrassing thing he had ever done. He just accused someone of not giving him free stuff. Jungkook’s face was bright red. But he couldn’t run away now, he was comforting Taehyung, even if it was in this embarrassing manner. 

After a few moments Tae calmed down, he looked at Jungkook with an amused face “That was not how I was expecting you to react but it was hilarious. Jungkook-aaah you’re so cute” he approached Jungkook as he said this. Now Tae was standing in front of him, he put his hand on the black haired boy’s shoulder “Yes, I’m angry, or rather was… I know this was my misunderstanding and in no way your fault” Taehyung walked to the counter and took out a bag from behind it “And I never stopped thinking about you, so I kind of collected all the stuff for the past few weeks” Jungkook could see the blush on Taehyung’s ears just like that night “I know this is a little creepy, but here” Tae smiled with his square smile while handing Jungkook the bag.

Jungkook took it without a word. Taehyung continued talking with a smile on his face “I have to go now, sunshine, you should be getting home too” there was a pause “I’ll see you later”. Taehyung took a few tiger lilies from the vase nearby and walked upstairs to his room.

Jungkook was in a daze. He did the most embarrassing thing he could have, but Taehyung apologised and even gave him some stuff. Jungkook felt a little uncomfortable, he acted too childish, he was too impulsive. Now he couldn’t even think straight. Jungkook walked home and thought. He wanted Taehyung to apologize, to realise that Jungkook did nothing wrong, but it was making him feel guilty.

Jungkook walked into his apartment and immediately emptied the bag’s contents on his floor. There were all kind of things there. Flowers that had withered, obviously been there for a week or so. There was some candy, a few rocks, a sculpture of a fish and some friendship arm bands. The contents made Jungkook not only giggle, but feel warm inside. He carefully organised all the stuff and lied down. The purple flower was standing in the corner of the room, it was blooming. Jungkook smiled to himself “How nice” he thought “someone does care” ….

 


 

The next morning Jungkook was cheerful. All the anger was gone like smoke; you could say he was skipping all the way to work. He spotted Jimin just outside the shop carrying flower pots. Jungkook smiled with his toothy smile and went up to help him. Jimin looked at Jungkook and smirked “Someone’s in a good mood”. Jungkook smiled even more and without a word started carrying the pots with Jimin.

The day was calm. Jimin went around the shop taking care of the plants, while Jungkook lazed around. He was waiting, he wanted to see Taehyung, to see him smile, to see his purple hair full of strange flowers. Jungkook smiled to himself, he was glad Taehyung existed.

Jungkook’s shift was almost ending, an hour and he would be free to go home. However, Taehyung wasn’t here yet. It was normal not to meet Taehyung at the morning, because according to Jimin he would wake up at 5a.m to go out to do business. But he always came back before midday to take a nap, or to check-up the shop. It was 3 p.m. and Jungkook was feeling worried. Even when Tae was avoiding Jungkook, he would keep to his schedule. But maybe he was working outside the shop again.

Jungkook walked up to Jimin who was now fussing over the roses. “Hyung” he said softly “I haven’t seen Taehyung the whole day, it’s not like I’m worried, but you know... “. Jimin lifted his eyes to Jungkook who was now looking like a hurt puppy. The older boy realised that Taehyung didn’t say anything to Jungkook, and decided that it was not his place to do it. Or more like he wanted to tease Jungkook. Jimin smiled a little “He’s working; I don’t know when he’s going to be back”.

Jungkook decided not to push it. Maybe Taehyung was just busy. After 3 days, however, he realised it wasn’t so. Taehyung didn’t come to his own shop for 3 days! On the 3rd day Jungkook stayed late, hoping to see Tae and make up some excuse that he didn’t notice the time or something. He stayed until midnight, but Taehyung never showed up. He was gone just like that.

Now it was 5th day, Jungkook was not just worried or frustrated, he was even scared. He hated that the purple haired boy was making him feel all of these confusing emotions. Jimin was stubborn about this too and didn’t tell Jungkook anything about Taehyung’s whereabouts.

Jungkook was tired of all this bull. He took his lunch and walked to the park. While he was walking he saw the hugger guy sitting alone on a bench. Jungkook felt glad, this was what he needed. A crazy man who was sleeping on a bench in the middle of the day to tell him how to deal with his problems, was a perfect solution. He approached the blond to wake him up.

The blond guy wasn’t angry that Jungkook woke him up, he was even glad to hear that Jungkook wanted an advice, given that he shared his lunch with the blond. Jungkook sat on the bench and started talking. He told every little thing to the blond. Somehow he felt comfortable with this popcorn eating stranger, he was almost like a therapist, just talking to him helped.

Just as Jungkook was finishing his story, the blond finished Jungkook’s lunch. He turned his body towards Jungkook and leisurely started talking “Thank you for the lunch bro, I will treat you to something nice next time” the blond looked straight into Jungkook’s eyes “Now about your problem, I think it’s actually pretty obvious”. Jungkook looked confused, what was so obvious?

The blond bent his head slightly to the side “You love Taehyung, don’t you?”


While writing I realized I can't write for . Rip. I'm sorry for all the bad jokes, but it was night and everything seemed hilarious *whispers* still does XDD 

Also my editor kept calling Jimin "gossipy, wise gay" and I'm laughing so much XDDDDDDD

Ok so I hope you enojyed the chapter, thank you for reading ❤❤