Flower fairy

The Purple Plant of Love [on hiatus]

Taehyung had told Jungkook to come by at 6am. The flower shop opens at 7am and there were preparations to be done.

It was 5.30 am now. Way too early for Jungkook to be awake. But the thought about how much money he would make was enough to wake him get up. He quickly put on some casual clothes and went out. This early in the morning he didn’t even want to think about food, so he decided to eat when he got a break.

It was a 20min walk from Jungkook’s apartment to the flower shop. Since it was still early summer it was quite chilly.  

The whole town looked abandoned. No people were there except for an occasional old lady waddling down the street and dragging her bag behin her as if it was the heaviest thing in the world. When Jungkook approached the shop it looked quiet too. The front door was locked but there was a note on it. “For the bunny guy” Jungkook looked around “Could it be for me?” he whispered to himself. He took the note. On the back it was written: “Come in through the back door”. Jungkook put the note back in case it wasn’t for him, because bunny? Really? The writing on the note was pretty and somehow calming. Jungkook went around the shop.

The back door was open so he just let himself in with a loud “Excuse me”. Jungkook went straight to the shops front. There he was greeted by Taehyung’s bright smile. The purple haired boy was lying on the floor and grinning at Jungkook like an idiot.

“Hello” Jungkook said slightly confused. “Hi” Taehyung got up to a sitting position. “Can I ask why you were lying on the floor?” the black haired boy asked. “I was tired so I wanted to rest” Taehyung said it like it was most obvious thing and finally got up on his feet “Jimin will be here around 7, the poor guy never gets any rest, so I tell him to sleep in sometimes” Taehyung started rambling “You will have to sweep the front and later be in charge of register, you know how to do that, right?” Jungkook was ready to answer but Taehyung quickly left the room. He came back soon enough with a broom “Well I’ll be leaving now, if you don’t understand something ask Jimin. Bye sunshine”. Jungkook was left alone in the shop with a broom in hand.  He was amazed how quick the purple haired guy was, the younger one didn’t even have the time to answer. And sunshine? That Taehyung was just weird. “But he doesn’t look like a bad person” Jungkook said aloud.

Jungkook finished sweeping the front of the store and went back in. He was bored. Jungkook found some journals about flowers and started reading. It was more interesting than Jungkook thought it would be. Suddenly he heard footsteps and then a voice: “Taetae who is “the bunny guy”?”. Jungkook knew this voice. The tangerine boy.

Jimin opened the shop with his keys and went in. Taehyung didn’t answer “Weird. Maybe he fell asleep?” Jimin thought to himself. Just as he went in he saw a black haired guy staring wide eyed at him. Jimin remembered it was the kid whom Tae fancied…

“Ah, hello…” the black haired boy said and bowed. Jimin bowed slightly too “Hello, what are you doing here?”. “I was hired yesterday by Mr. Kim” Jungkook tried to explain. Jimin burst into laughter “Mr. Kim” he repeated to himself. Jungkook felt a little uncomfortable but he was glad to see the tangerine boy’s smile.

When Jimin finally calmed down they both introduced themselves and opened the shop. Since there were no costumers Jungkook was tailing Jimin while he was taking care of the flowers. They talked about all sorts of things. Jungkook now knew that Taehyung was the owner of the shop because his parents owned a few shops so they gave it to Tae because he was passionate about flowers and as a heir he had to learn what it means to own a business. Also Taehyung and Jimin met at university while studying botany, now they were best friends who supported each other. Jungkook was glad that Jimin told him his dream to own a flower shop by himself. Jungkook felt like they trusted each other even though they had just met…. And even though he stalked Jimin for the past month… (Good thing he didn’t know that)

While Jimin was talking about flowers or his dreams there was one question that was bothering Jungkook. So he got all his courage to ask: “Um… So do you remember me?”. Jimin turned around and smiled “Awww, you’re so cute! Of course I remember” Jungkook blushed. “You’re the boy who was interested in the Purple Shamrock” Jimin continued “Yeah, I remember… You looked really sad, so Tae told me to give you the flower. He even wrote the whole instruction how to take care of it” Jimin put his hand on his cheek like a gossiping housewife “It was the first time he looked so interested in someone and now here you are! Honestly, I was so surprised!” Jimin started laughing like a housewife now too. Jungkook just stood there. He felt confused and … betrayed. He knew it was his fault for jumping to conclusions. “So Jimin didn’t care about me” Jungkook thought to himself.

The rest of the day Jungkook was completely out of it. He did his job flawlessly because it was Jungkook after all, but he was constantly spacing out. Not really thinking about anything. Just blank.

Taehyung came back. His hair was a mess and he had flowers falling from his hair. Jungkook had to admit he looked like a cute fairy. Taehyung came up to Jungkook gave him a small blue flower, smiled and walked away.

Jungkook’s heart started beating faster… 

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

Well that was spontaneous... I think the next one should be longer ;DD. Thank you for reading <3