Stalking a tangerine boy

The Purple Plant of Love [on hiatus]

“” swears quietly Jungkook. “What am I doing, I’m not a crazy 14 year old” he whispers to himself. Jungkook perfectly understood that what he was doing can be considered criminal offence. But here he was 22 year old grown man stalking a pretty boy. Yes, he was carefully watching a boy, who was handing flowers to old ladies, he was beautiful he wasn’t really tall, but seemed quite fit. He had bright orange hair which fit him so well, but the one thing  that captured Jungkook the most was probably his smile, smile that makes everything seem all right.  

Jungkook was careful about this, he tried not to stare for too long, he usually watched him from the park, Jungkook would sit on the bench that’s turns directly to the flower shop where the orange hair was working. It was hard work, to avoid being noticed, but Jungkook was content. He was happy with just seeing the boy work and smile. How did he become like this? Junkook wonders about that every day.

 

It all happened 3 weeks ago. The semester had just ended and Jungkook was walking around the town aimlessly. He was a college student and his parents paid his tuition, they were however by no means rich, so he promised that he will pay for his rent and necessities by himself. He had a part time job in a café that paid really well. But he was wondering if he should get another job, just to be safe plus extra money are always good. And so Jungkook wondered the town thinking about such stuff.

He didn’t even notice how he stopped, when something caught his eye. It was a flower; it wasn’t what you call beautiful it looked rather strange. The leafs where triangular and had a purplish color, in between the leafs there were tiny white flowers.

Jungkook was so immersed in his thoughts about the plant that he didn’t even notice a person appear near him. „ Are you interested in that flower?“ the voice woke Jungkook from his dreamlike state „U-um yes, it looks unusual“ stuttered Jungkook. He looked to his right, there stood a boy with bright orange hair he looked around Jungkooks age, his eye smile was cute. Jungkook suddenly felt nervous. „ Well you have a good eye“ started excitedly the boy. „ It‘s called Oxalis or Purple Shamrock, some people even call it the love plant-...„ Jungook looked up at the boy confused, why did he stop. The orange haired winked at him „Yes, a plant of love“he started laughing and Jungkook felt his cheeks heating up.

The boys laugh was high pitched and what Jungkook found extremely cute, his whole body was moving from laughter. „Like one of those commercial balloons“ Jungkook thought to himself. „ Anyway“ the orange haird boy continued „ I think the biology of it is more interesting, the plant is little bit magic, because it can revive itself from the dead!“ the boy stopped again, he quickly blurred out „ Wait here!“ and ran inside the shop.

Jungkook stood there dumbfolded he didn’t know what he was supposed to do, what to say, the boy was just so energetic. Junkook stood there for a long time, maybe the wait just seemed long, he didn‘t know, but he waited. Suddenly he headed a loud thud, it was the tangerine looking boy, he ran into the door... It seemed like he didn‘t mind tho, he just quickly opened the door and ran up to Jungkook and gave him a potted plant. It was the „plant of love“. „Here, I will give you this plant“ excitedly said the boy, as soon as Jungkook took the plant from him he ran his hand trough his hair and smiled even more brightly, Junkook wondered how was that even possible. Suddenly he realized: „ I don’t know how to take care of the plant and I don’t have the money to pay“ Jungkook could swear the boy was trembling from excitement „ It OK!“ he shouted little too loud „It‘s free and here“ he pulled a little notebook from his aprons pocket „ All you need to know, about the how to take care of it is here, oh!, don’t worry it‘s low maintainace.“ Jungkook didn‘t know what to do so suddenly „ Thank you“ he said still confused about this whole situation. „ No problem! I have to get back to work now, byee“the tangerine boy ran back to the shop. And Jungkook slowly started moving towards home. His heart was beating fast and he was blushing „ What the hell just happened?“...