Chapter 3 What's In a Name?

Dancing With Desi

Chapter 3 What’s In A Name?

The Earth had stopped spinning; everything seemed to slow down as the 18-year-old made her way over to the group of dancers. Passed her large sunglasses she could see that all of the boys were extremely handsome; more so in person.

They were busy dancing, and upon having no idea how to approach them she just sat on a nearby box and watched as their limbs popped and glided in sync. Closing her awkwardly colorized eyes, she let the music from the boom box consume her. Desi swayed along with the beat happily.

“Hyung, that’s the girl from the window!” the familiarity in the voice gave her an odd prickly sensation from her head to her toes—kind of like getting poked by needles all over during acupuncture. Only better.

Taemin

Her mind told her, but her body was late to react when he began walking over.

Should I wave? What do I do?

“I don’t think we’ve ever met,” As he spoke, Desi was desperately trying not to duck and hide her face from this beautiful man. He gave her different vibes up close; vibes that she didn’t like. “—and well, I’m Taemin.” His smile wasn’t one that her aunt had ever used—Oh no, it was completely different.

Aunt EunAh’s smile always was leaning a little to the left; it was never a sort of smiley-smile. Her lips were always in more of the form of a smile-smirk that left Desi with an uneasy feeling.

Taemin’s smile was just so perfect. When he smiled it reached his eyes and turned them into beautiful crescent moons. His cheeks were so perfectly formed that his face just all round looked more generally happy to be alive.

He was well aware of her stare through the glasses. Desi’s body had finally met her racing mind as she mustered a word.

“H-hi.”

Smooth, Desi, smooth

He chuckled lightly and looked down slightly, “What’s your name?” He looked back up at her, staring directly into her eyes behind the glasses.

“D-Desde-…Desi,” Her words stumbled as they left . She wouldn’t dare tell him her name after she had overheard the pastor mumble to himself about her ill-fated name.  After that she decided to just go by Desi, and nothing else.

He made a noise of recognition, “Desi…,” His voice was smooth and calm, “Desi…” he muttered again and smiled as he tried the taste of the name on his tongue. He closed his eyes peacefully.

“Desi?”

“Oh, uh, yes?” She responded quickly. Her head shot up from the place her eyes had fallen—on Taemin’s colorfulAdidas shoes.

“Oh, it’s nothing; your name just feels so good to say.”

Desi felt her face get that prickling sensation again but on her face. Her stomach was doing little flops inside of her and she opened and closed like a fish for a minute while she processed what he had said.

“O-Oh,” Was the best she could muster. 


Lol short chapter is short