6th Chapter - "From Man To Man."

You Only Live Twice [a.k.a. The One That Got Away] // 9th Chapter uploaded!//

  6th Chapter - „From Man To Man.”

 

“...pa”, she mumbled, her fingers twitching in my friends hand. “...Oppa.” Her murmur got louder, I could feel her muscles tense under my fingers. Was she calling for Key? Or me, maybe...? She had called me “Oppa” quite often.~

I could see Minho's eyes blinking in disbelieve as he got closer to her, lowering his head so he could understand her. “...Oppa”, she mumbled again, her breath moving the small strands of hair tugged behind his ears. The result was Minho closing his eyes, enjoying the feeling of her breath tickling his skin. Key, do I have to... continue starring? I may be , sometimes, but that doesn't make me a voyeur. That punk didn't answer, though. He seemed too concentrated on the scene to care about me, making me feel a little better. At least I had a free moment... even if it meant to see ____ raising her hand and--- Wait, what?!

-End of POV-

 

Minho-oppa...?”

Slowly, you raised your free hand, stretching each single finger and enjoying the feeling of moving on your own free will again. You didn't know where that sudden change came from, but you appreciated it. Finally, you had regained the freedom of moving whenever you wanted. You opened your eyes, blinded by the glare, as a well-known face prevented you from the bright light. “...So you did cry, I knew it.” You tried to smirk, yet it wasn't that easy. Tired, you reached for his neck and pulled Minho closer to you, embracing him softly.

As he felt the way you touched him, he felt happy, his heart fluttering like a bird's wings on it's first flight. “...Stop that”, he whispered, hugging you tightly and raising your body up a bit in the progress. “I'm glad you're back.”

You in return, enjoyed the feeling of his arms around you and presented him a bright smile as you his cheeks, making his salty tears disappear. “...You know, I missed you. A lot.” As you tried to get into a sitting position, he gently helped you, hands on your shoulder and hip, preventing you from falling back to your pillow. You took a few deep breaths, trying to fight against the slight nausea you noticed. As you were sure about your constitution, you presented him an angelic smile, giving him the opportunity to make the next move.

As he cleared his throat, you noticed him blushing madly. “...Your cheeks are red, Minho. Did you drink too much?” You laughed a little, making him show his shy site as he covered his face with his hands. You shook your head and reached for his wrists to pull them back down. “Don't do that. It looks cute~!”

Your eye-smile was the last signal for Minho: He reached for your neck and hip, pulling you closer, much closer, and did what he longed for since more than six years: He looked into your eyes, suddenly all mature and manly, and finally closed the gap existing for years by laying his lips on top yours. You, who had been captivated by his sudden change of expression, were not surprised at all. So you closed your eyes to half and let him have his way. As your vision got blurred by tears, you let your eyes wander through the room, noticing someone by the door. Even if Minho had told about him being here to see you... Jonghyun would never enter your room and smile at you that sadly. Surely he was sitting at the corridor, holding Jessica in his arms and kissing her. Yet, it filled your heart with pure contentment. Since you had seen him one more time -even if it was just a vision-, god was allowed to gamble with your life again.

 

-Jonghyun's POV-

...All I could do was watch.

As much as I wanted to rip those two apart and claim her lips to be mine once more... I couldn't. I wasn't allowed to do that.

She had longed for seeing him so badly, calling his name in her deep slumber, embracing him as soon as she woke up again. Minho had been in love with her since middle school- now he finally had the courage to kiss her. Plus... I noticed Key watching over me, my thoughts, my actions. His smirk told me everything. “Stop reading my mind”, I growled, feeling the anger boiling up deep down again.

“You seem to get it, huh?” I gave him a questioning look, not really having a clue about what he meant. “Look at those two. Don't they suit each other?” To my surprise, he put his hand on my shoulder and gave me an apologetic look. “Just admit it, Jonghyun. You're not the one she loves. She might have liked you, but her feelings for Minho were never gone. Look, she's even crying out of joy!”

“I know, I know. You showed me what my feelings for her have done and will do if I don't back off...” While I had watched those two looking at each other with eyes full of affection, I had realized it. I didn't have a single chance to be with her. Minho had cared for her all along, he protected her as I went away. He was the one deserving to be her guardian. Not me.

“Hyung? Let's talk” Now it was Key's time to give me a questioning look.

“I want to talk to you, from man to man.”

 

 

 

An information for my dear readers!  <3

In the near future I will change the title of this story.

Taking a look at the storyline, I think that "The One That Got Away" isn't the best line to choose.

So please stay tuned and watch out for the new story title! ~

 

Have a nice day!