01st Chapter- "I'll never be sorry."

You Only Live Twice [a.k.a. The One That Got Away] // 9th Chapter uploaded!//

Hi everyone! It's me again...
I hope all of you are well! :)I'm sorry for not updating that long, but I was way too stressed to write the next chapter. And a few moments after the chilly time started, I caught a nice flu. Yeah, I love it. 3|

 

And now... please have fun with chapter 1! ♥

 

01st Chapter- "I'll never be sorry."

The tiny quotes you will see later in this chapter belong to "One in a Million" by Yamaa Tomohisa.♥

-the college's assembly hall, 8.30 pm-

Jonghyun yawned as he watched his girlfriend dancing with another guy. Sure, he didn't like her doing that, but he knew how she would answer his jealousy- she would just dance with even more young men to make him furious. Somehow that part of her really got on his nerves, but he didn't care as long as she was truly loving him. Jonghyun knew about his own annoying sides also. He could be unbelievably stubborn- enough to break a friendship of his, even though he loved his friends more than everything in this world. He needed more time to get ready for going out than his girlfriend did. He easily drank too much when feeling down. And he loved to make his girl furious. So why shouldn't she do the same to him?

He still watched her dancing with that stupid guy, slightly grinning as he tried to stand up to destroy that heated moment between those two. But instead of going there, he felt a light preasure on his shoulder, forcing him to stay where he sat. He turned his head and looked at the face of his buddy, Onew. "Hey, didn't you get that I was about to rescue my girlfriend from getting harassed ually?" he asked, chuckling a bit while speaking.

"You know that it would be the other way around, buddy", Onew answered, not able to laugh about Jonghyuns joke at all. "Well, what ever... Did you see _____ already? Taemin said he called her, but she didn't answer. And believe me, I wouldn't ask you if i didn't have to." While talking, he scanned the crowd in the assembly hall. He didn't have to look at his friend- Onew definetely knew what kind of face Jongyhun made when someone mentioned her name.

And he was right- Jonghyun was annoyed. And why shouldn't he be? "That witch? I don't know where she is or if she will come here. Oh, I don't care either- I wouldn't even be slightly worried if that was hit by a car or thrown into the sea. Did I say enough?"

Onew, who was also annoyed now, secretly laughed. "Yeah, I know. You told us the same just a few hours ago." He grabbed Jonghyun's shoulder, forcing his friend to look at him again. "When will you finally start growing up and forgive her? Didn't you say that she was a younger sister to you? She called your girl a , I got that. But did you ever think about her having something like reasons for such a behaviour?"  He knew that _______ simply wasn't that kind of girl. She had always been lovely, cute, polite and calm. And Onew sensed that Jonghyun was fond of that, too- deep inside of his manipulated brain.

"Tse, you don't get it, right? She used me to become a girl everyone adores. I did so many good things for... and instead of thanking me, she destroys my work. She slapped me as I stood up to her for my girlfriend. Do you call that a wanna-be-sister?" Jonghyun tried to calm himself down. He would have loved to throw a punch into Onew's face, just to make him go silent. He didn't want to talk about that anymore- and he wouldn't. "The next time you see her, you can tell her one thing: I will never, never be sorry. Got that? and now excuse me, my lady wants me to be with her." And with that Jonghyun stood up from his chair and walked over to his beloved blondy. "Hey, Jess, what's up?", he asked, his features softening. Man, this girl looked like a true sin... Tonight he would make her suffer for beeing that tempting.

"I saw you talking to that friend of yours, Jongy. At first I didn't want to disturb you, but as your face got scarier and scarier, I decided to satisfy you!" And with that she kissed him, showing him that all of her attention was now directed to him. Of course she didn't do that for good- she knew how jealous he could , and she would have enough time to show him her independent side again after this ty art examination- thingy ended. "Wanna dance, Jongy~?", she muttered into the kiss, taking him to the center of the dancing crowd. By the way, she had never been able to imagine such a big party in the assembly hall of that college.

"If there is still time, I wanna hold ya.

Cause you saw me crying, so lonely soldier-

Baby, I love you from the bottom of my heart itself."

Jonghyun was just nodding, now responding to Jessica's kiss more passionately. Without him noticing it, his thoughts went back in time, back to that night he attended Jaejoong's "Goodbye High School!"-party. The first moment he noticed the girl that became his best friend shortly after that night- _____. He sighed, his lips still connected with the ones of his girlfriend, his hands resting on her hips while their bodies moved to the music unconsciously. Jonghyun didn't want to think of that now. All he wanted was to party with his girlfriend and his best friends. He didn't want to remember the way she had looked at him, touched him, kissed him that night. He didn't want to remember her scent, the feeling of touching her milky skin with his rough hands... He didn't want his heart to be ripped into pieces each time he called her a .

"Destiny and emotions surpass time.

Because our eternal love will lead the way again,

Be my one in a million,

You are the only one, carry on."

Who the hell wished for that stupid song to be played? Jonghyun would have loved to rip that person's heart out of his or her body, making that brat feel the same pain he felt each time he had to listen to that song. Even though it definetely had a party-beat, it made him sentimental and weak. If her and him hadn't argued, would she be the one he danced with instead of Jessica...? Suddenly Jonghyun opened his eyes, taken back to reality by his girlfriend letting her hands trail down to his lower region. To his own surprise, he lightly sighed and pushed her hands away before they could reach their goal. "Jess, not here, not now..." Jonghyun whispered, only for her to hear.

She nodded, showing him that she had understood his lovely message- he would give her what she wanted, just a few hours later. She felt him reach for her hand and followed him to the entrance of the exhibition room, where the artworks of this year's newbies were shown. "Aww, do we really have to go here already? Jongy, let's dance to some more songs... pretty-please!" Jessica looked him in the eyes, trying to convince him. She didn't want to see these boring pictures. What did Jonghyun see in paintings anyways? He should have joined the photography-class. Yes, Jessica was sure about beeing the perfect model for something like that instead of that portrait of hers he had worked on.

"I have to tell Mr. Kwong about me not having prepared anything for the exhibition. Did you already forget that?" He chuckled, kissing her forehead sweetly before looking for his professor in arts. The funny thing was that he didn't have to search for him- Mr. Kwong walked up to him the moment he saw Jonghyun, looking at him proudly. "Um, Sir, may I talk to you for a moment? It's pretty impo-" "Well well well, Jonghyun, I wanted to talk to you either. Yesterday, your lovely partner came here and hung up the paintings of the two of you. ______ didn't show them to anyone, but she told me about your beautiful work. I always knew that you had potential, but her talking about you like that surely means a lot!"

Jonghyun looked at his teacher, not believing what he had heard just a second ago. How could that girl have brought both paintings here? He hadn't repainted the one ______ had destroyed. Maybe she had told Mr. Kim about them to raise his expectations... now he would definetely be more than angry if he found out that Jonghyun hadn't delivered any artwork. "I... I'm sorry Sir, but she must have-" And again he was interrupted by Mr. Kim: "I'm sorry, Jonghyun, but I'm sure about it beeing okay if we talk about it after I inaugurated the exhibition. Don't be nervous, your work will definetely satisfy all of it's viewers- I'm sure about that. I'll see you later." And with that, the professor walked away to get ready for his announcement.

Jonghyun didn't calm down at all. He was becoming more and more furious, scared and nervous at the same time. ______ really knew how to ruin his life as a student- probably today was his last day at this college. "I can't believe that she did something like that... what did I do to her to deserve something like that?" He turned around, watching for a sign of that girl. He had to talk to her. Now.

"Oh, Jongy, come on... they won't let go of you because of that accident. I'm pretty sure about the professor understanding everything if you explain it to hi--- hey, who are you calling? Jongy...?" Jessica pouted as she watched her boyfriend pressing the "call"-button on his cell phone. "I'm calling her. Who else?!" he answered, turned away and waited for ______ to pick up. Jess was not very amused about him ignoring her for that stupid of course- she thought that he would never ever talk to her again after that tiny "accident" including Jonghyun's work.

 

-30 minutes later, 9.30 pm-

Jonghyun sighed, his stomach turning upside down and the other way around. Of course, that stupid girl hadn't answered his calls. And his nervousness grew bigger and bigger with eachone of them. How could she do that to him? She hurt him, she turned their friendship down, she ruined his painting- what was she up to next?!

"Oh, Jongy, let's go home... please~? I bet you aren't interested in any of those pictures, are you? And since your own one isn't here, I don't care about that exhibition either. Come on, after going home, I'll make you happy again. I promise!" Of course, Jessica was bored. That idiot of an professor had opened the gallery at 9 pm. And since then Jongy dragged her from the first picture until here. She wasn't interested in any of these artworks, but she would hate it the most to see ______'s one.

Her beloved one didn't know if he wanted to got away, though. Sure, he was more than furious about the lie that girl had set up, but somehow he longed for that picture. He wanted to see it, wanted to know which guy she had given her heart to... by the way, he was sure about Minho beeing on that drawing. Just in time, Mr. Kwong walked over to the two of them, showing a huge smile on his face. "So, Jonghyun, where is your partner?", he asked, which made Jonghyun look at him with a blank face. ______ still hadn't arrived? What the hell did she- no no no, he wouldn't worry about her. "I don't know, Sir, I'm sorry. Could you please just reveal that picture? I may sound unfriendly, but I'm not feeling well, and..." - "Oh, of course... if that's what you wish for." Mr. Kwong gave him a questioning look, obviously irritated by his student's behavior, as Onew made his way to the group of three, showing a serious expression on his face. He whispered something into the professor's ear, who smiled at that, nodded and turned around to go and get ready for showing his personal highlight to all of the visitors.

Jonghyun tilted his head slightly as he gave Onew a strange look. What did he tell Mr. Kwong to satisfy him? "You know, Minho called me... she doesn't want to come here.", his friend whispered, so that Jessica didn't hear a word. Jonghyun's facial expression changed into a slight smile, his eyes growing bigger and bigger because of him beeing hopeful. Maybe she didn't want to see him because she felt bad about everything and didn't know how to tell it to him...? He pulled out his cell phone and dialed her number, then waited for her to answer- just as Onew went on with his talking, having a light grin on his lips. "I think calling her doesn't save anything. Minho told me about her beeing angry all-over, screaming things like 'If you dragg me there, I'll punch that ugly brat first and you'll be the next!' all the time... but to be honest, I wouldn't stop her." The chicken-lover laughed out quietly as he saw his friend ending the call imediately. Did he really think that ______ would be sorry? She was right with what she did. And it was only Jonghyun's fault if he did believe neither her nor his friends.

Jonghyun was turning around, furious and deeply hurt at the same time, and looked at Jessica. As he was about to tell her would leave the exhibition immediately, an important song reached his ears. He looked for the place it came from, curious about the students who took that one as their song. He had wanted to play that while presenting his paintings with ______, but surely she took something more classy.

"Summer after high school

when we first met

We'd make out in your Mustang

to Radiohead..."

Jonghyun hummed along with Katy Perry's "The One That Got Away" as he finally found the two artworks that belonged to the song. A huge smile spread over his face, he got closer and closer to the paintings, admiring each detail... And as he heard Jessica breathing in sharply, the truth hit him.The picture he looked at wasn't just showing a beautiful girl- it was Jessica. "What the hell...?" he muttered, his eyes wandering to the project's headline:

"In Another Life"

Still not able to believe it, Jonghyun looked at Jessica, who was starring at the painting, eyes wide-open. He read the painting's own title -My Heart Belongs To You. Yes, even though he couldn't believe it: It definitely was his picture. His very own one, that ______ had ruined by tossing pink and blue paste all over it. Why should she have...?

"Hey, you better look at her picture, buddy!", Onew exclaimed happily, grabbing his friend's chin and turning it along with Jonghyun's face to the second painting's direction- and suddenly, the art student's heart started racing.

"..All this money can't buy me a time machine

Can't replace you with a million rings

I should have told you what you meant to me

'Cause now I pay the price..."
 

She hadn't taken Minho. She didn't love Jaejoong or Onew. She had chosen him, Kim Jonghyun, the biggest idiot on earth. He starred at a painting that was showing him while sleeping. She had drawn everything, each detail- he even recognized the read heart she had drawn on his cheek during that night. The title was pretty simple, Jonghyun remembered it beeing a part of the song's lyrics: I Would Make You Stay.

"Jongy, you--" "So that's the reason no one was allowed to see it, huh? What a sweetheart, all of us knew that she had some feelings for you, she wouldn't ha-" Onew stopped as Jonghyun grabbed his shoulders, shaking him forth and back lightly. "Jongy...?" "What the hell do you mean with 'some feelings'?? And don't lie to me, or I'll-" "Hey, Kim Jonghyun! Would you finally listen to me?!", Jessica shouted at him while pretending to cry. She didn't want him to realize that this stupid loved him- he surely would understand the rest of the story after a few minutes of thinking. Even Jonghyun was smart enough to do so... "Why do you care about that anyways? I'm your girlfriend, Jongy, and I want to-" She stopped speaking as she saw his face. She felt her heart racing like hell as she saw his eyes- he was starring at her as if he was about to kill her. "H...hey, Jongy, please, let me explain-" "Talking doesn't save anything, . I'm leaving." And with that, Jonghyun made his way through the crowd, Onew following him quickly.

As they reached Jonghyun's car, his friend grabbed him by the shoulder, stopping him in his actions. "Hey, buddy, what the hell are you up to? You can't go to her and tell her that you finally believe that Jessica manipulated your work and that you are sorry. She will surely punch you like crazy!" The blond guy just laughed out loud while searching for his keys. "Onew, I don't care about her hitting me. I just want her to know that I finally know who I belong to!" Onew shook his head, thinking that Jonghyun had finally become crazy. But since he didn't want to leave his friend alone, he took a seat next to him. "Well, even if you are that happy now... take care while driving, okay? I don't want to loose my head, even if I'm with you."

 

They didn't drive since more than ten minutes as the ambulance crossed their way. Jonghyun drove to the side of the road, stopping his car to let the noisy car pass by. He shook his head and continued driving to the apartment that ______ and Minho shared. He was full of expectations, he was dreaming about her hugging and kissing him after he told her what she meant to him, forgiving him his mistakes, as he suddenly felt his phone vibrating in the pocket of his jacket. He took it out, expecting a call from Jessica- but saw another name blinking on the screen:

 

"Incoming call from Sweetheart".

 

Suddenly, Jonghyun's hands started shaking. He was about to answer the call as Onew took the cell phone out of his hands. "Hey, idiot, you're still driving! I'll answer it for you." He grinned at the screen, pressing the 'answer'-button and activated the function for hands-free calling. "Hey ho, cutie, what's up?", he started to talk, seeing the way Jonghyun widened his eyes shocked. Hey, did that jerk even blush? Onew giggled soundlessly as they both waited for 'Sweetheart' to answer, but...

"Yah, Kim Jonghyun! If you don't move your stupid to the hospital, I'll seriously kill you. You got that?!"

It wasn't her.

Jonghyun stared at Onew's hand, his facial expression immediately changing from shocked to angry. "What the hell are you doing with her cell phone, idiot? I want to talk to her, not to you! Go to hell!", he screamed back at the cell phone, back at Minho... as he heard a tiny sniff coming out of the phone's loudspeaker, along with unknown voices screaming "Hurry, we're loosing her!" and "So Eun, reanimation!". Onew took a deep breath, then asked: "He-hey, Minho, calm down. What's up with you? What happened, man?" Somehow both of them knew that something happened to their cutie, but they still didn't want to believe it. "I... They are..." Minho started, his sobs becoming louder and heavier. "Our Cutie... she stopped." Jonghyun widened his eyes again, his heart thumping at a dangerous pace. "What did ______ do? What, you bastard, WHAT?!", he screamed even louder than the last time, holding back his own tears as he waited for Minho to answer, still hoping that he was just telling him about her stopping to be angry and hurt.

"Jonghyun... She stopped breathing."

 

And suddenly, he jammed the brake.

 

 


 

Wooh, finally! I'm sorry for taking so much time, but I didn't deactivate the tiny tick next to "Hide Chapter (Do not publish yet)". Dx

I hope you liked the chapter, even if it seems to be quite strange and irritating... Please tell me about your thoughts and feelings while reading it! Critics are as loved as questions and kind words. <3

Ah, i wanted to tell you something about the paintings' names... The series is called "In another life", so Jonghyun and you found an ending for the sentence on your own. So Jongy wanted to tell Jessica "In another life, my heart belongs to you" and you were telling him "In another life, I would make you stay". Cheesy, isn't it...?xD

...So that means, Jonghyun unconsciously knew that he didn't really love Jessica? Lol, he can be so smart if he doesn't want to. >3 /joke

Ah, this time's question is:

Do you believe in magic?

Please answer it... and take care!♥