Chap 2: Chen Bolin and RM Episode 285

The Bittersweet Between Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Ji-hyo has finally stopped crying. She washed her face and tried to stop thinking about what happened between her and Jong Kook. She needs to get her things ready since tomorrow she will start the shooting for ‘We Are In Love’ show. Though she had fight with Jong Kook, she was glad that the conversation doesn’t last too long so she didn’t have to tell Jong Kook about her shooting tomorrow. Or else, things could get worse than it already has.

Just before she gets ready to sleep, she browse thru her phone and go thru some of the pictures and her happier moments with her boyfriend. They love to take video of each other while they were having great times together though it’s secretly. Sometimes Ji-hyo will sneakily record a video of Jong Kook taking a nap and sometimes Jong Kook will record her video while she’s in the kitchen, cooking and singing. They were just like married couple except only they knew about it.

Actually it was not a good idea to browse thru the happy moments coz it makes Ji-hyo miss Jong Kook even more. Although she assumed that Jong Kook will ignore her for tonight, Ji-hyo bravely texted him to say good night.

Ji-hyo : Oppa……..Are you still mad?........Please forgive me, oppa….I know you have a right to be mad but I still hope you will understand everything one day….Oppa, even if you’re mad at me, please don’t forget me okay? I love you, oppa….I still love you…I will always love you…Take care..Good night!

 

Jong Kook felt sorry when reading Ji-hyo’s text message. He knew Ji-hyo must be so sad right now and probably shocked as well coz he never lashed out his anger like he did tonight. But he can’t control himself when he thinks that Ji-hyo had slowly drifted away. He is so scared if he loses her one day. But he finally realized that his action tonight may just add the reason for her to get away from him one day.

Still, the moment he thought of replying her message, he cancelled his intention. There’s no way he could text her when he is still upset about the show. What makes him more upset is because he knew about the news from someone else way before tonight. Which means, Ji-hyo knew about it earlier but didn’t plan to tell him until he asked about it. He thought he will be the first person to know about it but it looked like Ji-hyo purposely wanna hide it from him, or maybe plan to tell him last minute. Either one, he is still upset. And that summed up his action for tonight.

His thought breakaway when he received a call from Gap Jin, his manager who knew about his relationship.

“Ohh…Gap Jin ah!”

“Hyung, about this Chen Bolin….”

“N-neh! Did you find him?”

“Yes. He’s already in Korea.”

“Already in Korea?”

“Yes! They will start shooting tomorrow, hyung. In fact his picture while buying some stuff for Ji-hyo had spread in Instagram. Have you seen it?”

“N-noooo! Why would I search for his picture when I feel like killing him?” Jong Kook answered jokingly.

“Well, for someone who planned to kill somebody, this kind of information is really important. You should be busy stalking his whereabouts than sitting alone biting your nails while missing your girlfriend, hyung,” Gap Jin teased Jong Kook who is already like his brother.

“Yah! You pfftt…..Are you mocking me??”

“Hahahaha! Hyung, control your anger please…”

“Ffhh…...................I’m cool now.................….So did you set my appointment?”

“N-neh, hyung! He’s willing to meet you for a short while…But we need to go to his hotel….”

“Ahh…Okay...So are you coming to fetch me now?”

“N-neh! I’m already downstairs, hyung.”

“Mwuh rah goo? Yah! You should tell me earlier!”

“Wae, hyung? You haven’t applied your lipstick yet?” Gap Jin teased again.

“Yah!! You…pabo!!.....I’ll come down now…”

“Hahaha! Yes, boss!”

 

When he reached down, Gap Jin’s car already waiting at the entrance. He entered the car and they went to the hotel where Chen Bolin, the virtual husband of Ji-hyo accommodated.

“So…did you asked Ji-hyo about the show?” Gap Jin broke the silence.

“……Let’s not talk about her for tonight, Gap Jin ah….”

“Ah wae? Hyung, don’t tell me you had a fight with her because of this…”

“I’d rather not talk about it, Gap Jin ah. I’ve slowly calm now. So don’t start okay?”

“….Ok-kayyy….” Gap Jin replied, understood Jong Kook’s mood.

 

Once they arrived at the hotel, Gap Jin drove to the basement parking to avoid people from noticing them at the hotel or it’ll be in the news the next day.

Before they get out of the car, Gap Jin stopped Jong Kook.

“What?” Jong Kook asked.

“Are you calm now?”

“N-neh! Why?”

“You……didn’t really plan to kill that guy right?”

“Hahaha! Yah! Am I that stupid?”

“A-niyo! Not usually….but….sometimes…”

“Hahaha! Yah! Do you want to be my first victim?”

“Nooooo!!! Hyung, please….Don’t joke about something like this…”

“Does it look like I’m joking?” Jong Kook teased Gap Jin while widening his eyes; getting closer to Gap Jin.

“Aish hyung! You’re scaring me now.”

“Hahahaha…How long have you know me, Gap Jin ah?”

“Long enough, hyung….That’s why I know your condition right now is….different then before…”

“Hahaha…Enough, Gap Jin ah…Let’s just go and meet this guy…”

“Wait, hyung!”

“What else?”

“You sure you are okay?”

“I’m okay….I’m cool…I’m fine…I’m sane…Satisfied?”

“Wait!”

Gap Jin then grabbed one of Jong Kook’s hands.

“Yah! Are we gonna hold hands walking out there?” Jong Kook asked in frown.

“Aishh, hyung! Pleaseee….If I’m gay, you’ll never be in my list…”

“Oh jinja?? Are you sure?” Jong Kook teased Gap Jin further while lowering his body to Gap Jin.

“Hyung! Hyung! Stop! Okay! Okay! I’m sorry…..”

“Hahahah! Come on, Gap Jin ah. We don’t have so much time…”

“Wait. Let me test you,” Gap Jin said and checked on Jong Kook’s pulse.

Jong Kook almost burst laughing but he controlled himself.

“So?” he asked.

“Okay….Okay you’re good…”

“Okay let’s go. I don’t want to be caught with you in here.”

“Huh! As if I wish for it,” Gap Jin mumbled.

“Mwuh rah goo?”

“A-ni! Let’s go!”

They both get out of the car and went to meet Chen Bolin at one of the private dining room at the hotel.

 

Once they entered the room, Bolin hasn’t arrived yet.

“Aishhh this man....Wasn’t he supposed to be here before us?” Jong Kook complained.

“Chill, hyung....He’s just right up there...It’ll only take few minutes for him to be here...”

“Huh! You sounded like you’re rooting for him, Gap Jin ah.”

“A-ni! But you seemed like you’re trying to find his mistake from start, hyung...hehehe...”

“I’m not trying to find his mistake. It is what it is. He should know our culture if he plans to marry my girlfriend,” Jong Kook said bitterly.

“Hahahah! So you’re willing to let Ji-hyo go now?” Gap Jin teased.

Jong Kook rolled his eyes with his serious face.

“Annyeonghaseyo!” someone greeted while walking in the room.

“Ohh....Annyeonghaseyo!” Both Gap Jin and Jong Kook stood up to greet Chen Bolin.

“Err...Sorry I’m late...There was a last minute discussion..”

“Ahh, I see..” Gap Jin responded. “Anyway, this is Kim Jong Kook, a member of the Running Man show that Ji-hyo shoots with every week. And I’m Gap Jin, his manager.”

“Ohh...Running Man member? Ohh...I’ve heard about it but never had the chance to watch it,” Bolin stated.

“Ahh...It’s okay...Now you can meet one of the members in person,” Gap Jin said, trying to make friendly environment.

“Oh yes. I’m so glad I can meet you....Err...Jong Kook hyung right? I mean, you both are older than me right?”

“Huh! Yes, of course. If this face is younger than you, then....I don’t know how ugly he will turn out when he’s old,” Gap Jin teased Jong Kook.

“Yah! Didn’t you say you have something to do?” Jong Kook hinted to Gap Jin.

“Oh yes! Bolin ah, I need to go for a while. I’ll leave you two first and come back later okay?” Gap Jin stated.

“Oh...Okay...Sure...”  

 

Once Gap Jin left, the room became a bit silent until Jong Kook started their conversation.

“So....Chen Bolin right? I should call you.....”

“Bolin! You can call me Bolin, hyung...”

“Bolin....Okay....And you are....a singer? Actor?”

“I’m an actor.....”

“An actor? Hmm...just like Ji-hyo...”

“Yes, hyung. But I think, she has been longer in this industry right?”

“I don’t know. You should ask her yourself when you meet her. If you ask me everything, then you’d probably have nothing to talk about with her. Right?”

“Err....yes, hyung...You are right....”

“Anyway, I hope you don’t mind meeting me tonight. I just wanna know you first before you meet Ji-hyo. I need to make sure what kind of guy she’s meeting….”

“Ohh…okay…Err…but Jong Kook hyung….You and Ji-hyo are….” Bolin tried to know the relationship between Ji-hyo and Jong Kook.

“….Brother and sister….” Jong Kook replied, looking down.

“Ahh…I see…No wonder you wanna meet me first, hyung…”

“Yes. Coz Ji-hyo is a very nice girl. She’s cheerful. She loves to laugh. She loves to help people. But at times, she’s unpredictable. Sometimes she’s straight. Too straight that people take advantage of her.”

“Oh really? Woww….I’m excited to meet her, hyung…”

“Bolin ah, I need to ask more about you. I hope you don’t mind and didn’t get the wrong idea.”

“Oh no, I’m fine, hyung. You can ask anything. I’ve got nothing to hide.”

“Okay…good…Erm…Bolin ah, have you ever been into a relationship?”

“Yes, I have…But it’s been a while….”

“Ahh…I see…”

“What about Ji-hyo, hyung? Did she ever….”

Jong Kook quickly shrugged his shoulders.

“Understood. I should save that for her right?” Bolin asked again.

Jong Kook simply smile.

“Bolin ah, may I know the real reason you joined this program?”

“What do you mean, hyung?”

“Why do you wanna do this show? Are you really here to find your real love? Or….you are just using Ji-hyo to establish your name here? People may not know you before, but I’m sure after this you’ll be on the search engine every day….”

“Ehm…Well, I wanna do the show because I really wanna know what's the difference between Korean and Chinese girls. And of course I’m hoping for our love to become real; in front or off the camera. Especially you said it yourself that Ji-hyo is a very nice girl. I don’t think any man would let go such a good girl right?”

“…….Yes….of course….She’s a good girl…Beautiful inside and out….She could be clueless all of sudden. But don’t ever think that she’s stupid. She’s very smart. That’s why she’s our ace. She also has lucky charm. That’s why she always won in our show especially when the prizes are gold.”

“Wowww…Really? Then I should never let her slip from me, right hyung? Hahaha…”

“Yes…She loves to eat….and she loves to sleep. She can fall asleep just within five minutes….”

“Ahahaha! Really, hyung? Five minutes?”

“Yes. She had fall asleep on top of tower bricks while we were shooting last time. Hahaha…She can really sleep anywhere…”

“…..I see…She must be too tired then…”

“Yeah….Coz she’s workaholic…She loves her career so much…She will give full commitment in this industry. Even if she’s sick, she will still come for shooting.”

“Oh jinja? That’s not good for her health.”

“…You tell her then. Maybe she will listen to you in the future….” 

“I will try, hyung. So, since she’s your ace, she must be a bit rough huh?”

“She looked tough….She pretended like she’s tough….And because she’s always been surrounded by us, men’s, so she acted tough as well….But….deep inside….she still can break, Bolin ah. She’s still like other women. She loves to be spoiled; she loves to be taken care of….When she already love someone, she will give her heart out to that person…She didn’t left any for herself. That’s why when she is broken hearted, she is lifeless…….So Bolin ah…….please don’t play with her heart….Please always make her happy even if this is just a show….Please….Bolin ah…When she gives you her heart, please take care of it…coz it’s too fragile…” Jong Kook kept blabbering about Ji-hyo. He didn’t know why he kept giving info to his rival when he was supposed to about Chen Bolin.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter