Chap 4: Over or Not?

The Bittersweet Between Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jong Kook kept tossing to the left and right but couldn’t sleep at all. He didn’t know if he regretted his decision but he totally feels empty now. The image of Ji-hyo’s puffy face with her wet pleading eyes kept playing on his mind. Did he do the right thing? Why was he so cruel to someone whom he loves wholeheartedly? He grabbed his phone decided to check on Ji-hyo but cancel it later. No. They are over now. He is nobody to Ji-hyo now. Slowly he tried to recall their past sweet memories and drifted to sleep.

 

A week later, they were scheduled to fly to Dubai for Running Man shooting. Ji-hyo was all excited about it coz she just love travelling. She didn’t care at first about how she’s gonna face Jong Kook later thru out the trip and the shoot. Since Jong Kook was the one making the break up decision, Ji-hyo will just accept it if it makes him happy. Yes she did cry for few days especially when she missed all the late night calls before she goes to sleep. But now she’s getting used to it.

 

When they both thought they were ready to meet each other again and be professional, they were wrong. It was hard especially when Ji-hyo feels like running towards Jong Kook and hug him tight, begging for his forgiveness. But, she didn’t have the guts because Jong Kook was the one who asked for their break up which means he was deeply hurt that he decided to make such decision. Ji-hyo tried so hard to control herself. Besides, she’s also a bit upset coz Jong Kook punished her as if she asked for those guy's attention. Everything was scripted and yet, Jong Kook chose to blame her. She didn’t have any choice but to accept her fate though it was painful.

Their flight to Dubai was late night so the surrounding at the airport was a bit quiet compared to the morning. It’s even easier for them coz not so many fans were running towards them for their pictures. They were also a bit free to wander around the airport before their flight.

They shoot the opening for the episode at the airport first, welcoming their guests who will join them to Dubai. The first guest was Jung Il Woo and the other was Lee Da Hey who approached them brightly. After introducing the guests, they went into the waiting lounge for their flight.

Jong Kook purposely sat opposite Ji-hyo at the lounge, hiding his eyes behind those dark glasses. When people asked him why he’s wearing the glass at night, he simply answered coz he wanna sleep when he actually wanted to secretly looking at his ex-girlfriend Ji-hyo.

Ji-hyo and Da Hey sat together and have their girl talks happily at the lounge. Since Ji-hyo noticed that Jong Kook is facing her although he’s wearing his rayban, Ji-hyo also maintained wearing her sunglasses.

“Ohh…You are wearing sunglass at night, unnie?”

“Err…..It’s glaring….The lightings…..”

“Really?” Da Hey looked around at the lights. “No…This is normal…It’s not that bright like the spotlight or anything….”

“Err….It’s okay….I’m just used to hide my eyes from people…So…”

“Ahh….I see…”

And someone kept staring at Ji-hyo secretly.

(Ji-hyo ah….How are you doing?.....Are you doing good? I hope so……………….Gosh….I miss you, Ji-hyo ah……) Jong Kook talked inside his mind.

 

Half an hour later, they get into their flight. Da Hey sat with Ji-hyo while Jong Kook sat with Il Woo two rows at the back at the Prestige Class. Their flight will take about ten hours and ten minutes to reach Dubai. At first it was a bit noisy coz everyone was busy chatting after takeoff but slowly one by one started to doze off especially when the lights started to dim.

Jong Kook woke up after about two hours of flight to go to the lavatory at the back. Since there’s someone inside, he just waited outside rather than finding other lavatory. When the person came out, Jong Kook was surprised to see Ji-hyo. Ji-hyo was also as surprised as him. They both stood still with Ji-hyo at the door while Jong Kook in front of her.

All of sudden, turbulence making the flight shaky. Jong Kook automatically pushed Ji-hyo into the lavatory with him joining her, inside. Once he closed the door, he pushed Ji-hyo to the wall and leaned on her to make them stand still.

“Ahhh….oppa….” Ji-hyo groaned a bit scared when the plane feels wobbly.

“Ssyhhh…It’s okay…I’m here…”

Instead of standing straight, Jong Kook took one of Ji-hyo’s hands and put it on his waist.

“If you’re scared, you can hold me, Ji-hyo ah. I won’t let you fall. I won’t leave you….”

“…..Oppa…..” Ji-hyo called Jong Kook softly before slowly hugging him tight.

Jong Kook holds himself to the wall to stabilize them. He can feel Ji-hyo gripping his waist which means she’s really scared.

“….Oppa….” she called again.

“Ssyhh…It’s just turbulence…We’ll pass it…”

“…..But I’m scared….”

“Don’t be. I’m with you now right?”

“…….Hmm…..Don’t leave me, oppa…..”

“…I won’t…”

They stood like that for about few minutes. Ji-hyo already leaned her head on Jong Kook’s shoulder.

“………………..Ji-hyo ah…………..”

“……….Hmm?..........”

They went silent.

“……………………..I miss you………………..” Jong Kook confessed but only in whispers.

Ji-hyo didn’t know if she misheard what she thought Jong Kook was saying. She backed away a bit to look at Jong Kook, asking for assurance in his words.

Instead of getting their answers, their head slowly moving closer, craving for each other’s lips. But before they could seal a kiss, a flight attendant knock at the door.

“Is anybody inside? Please go back to your seat, sir, miss,” the crew instructed.

Ji-hyo quickly pushed herself away from Jong Kook and opened the door, walked out after, leaving Jong Kook dumbfounded in the lavatory. By the time Jong Kook got out of the lavatory, the flight attendant is already on the floor with the food cart laid on the floor next to her. Jong Kook automatically helped her to get up.

“Are you okay?” he checked on her.

“Oh…Yes…Yes, sir…Thank you…”

“Come,” he helped her up followed by the food cart.

Once they both stood up, Jong Kook helped to check her condition.

“Are you okay? Did you feel pain anywhere?” he asked while holding and rubbing the stewardess’s arms.

“Ohh…It’s okay, sir….I’m okay…Thank you…Please go back to your seat and buckle your seatbelt. Please, sir.”

“…..Hmm….Okay….”

When Jong Kook lifted his head, his eyes met with Ji-hyo who is staring sharply like a lion from her seat. She rolled her eyes and quickly sat on her seat. Jong Kook could sense jealousy from his ex-girlfriend but somehow it makes him a bit happy. He returned to his seat quietly.

 

 

When they arrived in Dubai, it’s five in the morning. Surprisingly when they came out from the airport, fans were crowding welcoming them even it’s dawn. All the team felt touched with the support they received in Dubai coz they never thought they were popular in Dubai as well.

From the airport, they went straight to Burj Khalifa, the tallest structure in the world for their briefing. They took the elevator to the 124th floor to meet with their PD. Once they reached up there, the PD briefed about what they need to do for that day.

Basically they were free to explore Dubai like what other travelers do but they still need to complete their mission. Everyone was given a travelling kit each which contained their itinerary and guides about Dubai. Starting from Burj Khalifa, they can go to any tourist spots as in their itinerary. But, each spot will have a mission for them to complete in order to collect stars and fix it in the itinerary book. They need to collect ten stars or be among the highest star collectors if they want to stay at a beautiful hotel in the middle of the desert. But the hotel is only for five person which means the remaining will have to bivouac at the desert.

One of the extreme activities is skydiving. Doing skydiving, they will automatically get ten stars after they complete it and didn’t have to do other mission. Jong Kook was the first one to choose skydiving which surprises everyone especially Ji-hyo. He purposely tried to convince Gary to go with him just to see Ji-hyo’s reaction. Of course Ji-hyo was double shocked to see him wanted to be close with Gary. But then, Il Woo chose to join Jong Kook, followed by Da Hae. Gary even say it out loud that he wanted to enjoy exploring Dubai with Ji-hyo. That only added to Jong Kook’s upset. But he knew he has no right anymore. So he just stayed quiet.

When they start to leave the deck on the way for their breakfast, Ji-hyo slowed down her steps to walk with Jong Kook at the back. She stopped him from walking all of sudden.

“I need to talk to you,” she told Jong Kook.

“What is it?”

“Skydiving, oppa? Really?”

“Yeah....Why not?”

“I think everyone know you are not fond to anything related to height. Why all of sudden choose to jump from an airplane?”

“Just....I don’t know......Maybe coz my mind is empty now...So I simply pick...”

“Oppa....you wouldn’t even do bungee jumping or ride helicopter...What makes you think you can jump from an airplane?”

“I don’t know, okay? We’ll know if I can jump or not by the time I’m on the plane!” Jong Kook suddenly raised his voice.

“Oppa, please....Don’t do it....Let’s just stay to the ground, okay?”

“Why should I?”

“Oppa....I’m worried about you....How can you skydive when you have your back pain and other pain on your body? Please.....Don’t torture yourself......”

“Don’t worry. I can handle the pain. Besides, I think I handle the back pain better than handle the pain in my heart,” Jong Kook said to Ji-hyo.

Ji-hyo’s expression’s changed.

“......Oppa.....please....”

“Let it go, Ji-hyo ah. Don’t worry about me.”

“Of course I’m worried! Coz I love you!” Ji-hyo stressed her words only for their ears. Tears b in her eyes.

“........I love you too, Ji-hyo ah.....but I can’t stay on the ground only to watch you honeymoon with Gary....I can’t....”

“Oppa, what are you saying? I’m not honeymooning with......”

“Doesn’t matter, Ji-hyo ah. You know it better Running Man is a place for torturing my heart now.......So I’ll take care of my heart on my own...Don’t worry....”

“....Oppa....”

“I’ve made up my mind. Let’s go in before others looking for us,” Jong Kook said and walked inside the restaurant before Ji-hyo.

 

Jong Kook, Il Woo and Da Hae left the place after breakfast and headed to the skydive place at Palm Jumeirah. Although Jong Kook has made up his mind, Ji-hyo was right about him not liking anything to do with height. He started to feel nervous on the way to the place. He didn’t know what makes him wanna do the skydive but he has to admit that he wanna avoid watching Ji-hyo and Gary loving scene in front of his eyes. That’s why he quickly chose to skydive without thinking further.

 

When they reached the place, they were properly briefed about skydiving. They were equipped with safety belts to their body that will be connected to the parachute before they start jumping. After everything is ready, all of them got into the plane that will take them to the jumping area.

While waiting for the right altitude to jump, Jong Kook’s mind kept asking himself why did he volunteer to do the skydive. And Ji-hyo’s face kept showing up in his mind. While he’s daydreaming, the instructor gave the sign that they have reached the altitude of 3962.4m and should get ready to jump.

Jong Kook was the first one to jump. Right at the door of the airplane before he jump, he kept picturing Ji-hyo’s face in his mind to calm him. And he kept shouting in his heart “Ji-hyo, I love you so much…still….and will always be….” And all of sudden he is already jumping off the plane with his instructor. The next person to jump was Il Woo, followed by Da Hae. All three of them couldn’t explain their feelings skydiving for the first time. The moment they landed on the ground, they celebrated their success together happily. And then they were brought to the desert to join the others for their

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter