Chapter One Hundred Twenty-Two: Proper Welcome Home

Finding Love... Keeping Love

 

Gerald left for New York as Kim was in the middle of one of her finals. When she came home, she just felt his absence that she went to their bedroom and grabbed one of his T-shirts and put it on and laid down on the bed crying. She fell asleep without eating dinner, unfortunately missing Gerald’s call later that evening. Gerald was worried but knew that he would see her the next day. True to his word, he returned the next night right after Kim finished her last final.

Gerald: Honey I’m home!

Kim: (runs into his arms) You’re back!!!

Kim gave Gerald a proper welcome home kiss which took Gerald’s breath away. 

Gerald: Wow! I should leave more often. Want to welcome me some more?

Kim: (giving him a mischievous grin) Maybe later?

Gerald: (smiling at Kim taking in her beauty, not wanting to let her go) Hi gorgeous. I missed you.

Kim: I missed you too. ThankGod I had finals to keep me occupied.

Gerald: Hmmm…. (nuzzling her neck)  By the way, (looks up) where’s Tanya?

Kim: Tanya already left for Jon’s place right after her final earlier this morning.

Gerald: (looks at Kim) So we have the entire place to ourselves?

Kim: (wiggles her eyebrows) We do BUT…. (places a hand on his chest) we need to eat first because I am STARVING!! I kind of fell asleep last night without eating dinner and just ate bars today before my last final.

Gerald: I was wondering where you were because I called. Come on gorgeous. Let’s feed you so you will have enough energy for me later. I missed my teddy bear.

Kim: I’m sorry babe. I tried calling back but I figured you were at the office or something.  I’m really happy to see you but would be more happier with food.  I do need energy, you know. (laughing)  I missed you so much. (hugs Gerald so tight and buries her face in his chest)

Gerald and Kim stood in the middle of hallway just holding each other not saying a word. Gerald then gently placed Kim’s face into his hands and began to slowly kiss her cheeks, her forehead, her nose and then continued to nuzzle her neck before he decided to begin his gentle attack on Kim’s lips. Kim held on for dear life. Gerald’s gentleness became more demanding as Kim responded to him.  They couldn’t get enough of each other. And before Kim could protest, Gerald picked her up in his arms and carried her to the bedroom. No contact was broken as they both settled into each other’s arms and continued their exploration of each other. You would think they were separated for years versus a couple of days. They were that hungry for each other. All thoughts for food were thrown out the window as they feed their need for each other’s touch.

Much much later…

Gerald: (bends over Kim)  Babe?

Kim: hmmmm…. (stretches her arms above her head)

Gerald: Babe… do you want to eat? I know you were starving before we decided to change the agenda.

Kim: (her eyes still closed) I’m starving. Can you not hear my stomach growling at you? This is all your fault. (smiling)

Gerald: I bring a peace offering. And it’s not my fault. If you weren’t so y, maybe I can keep my hands of you. (smiling at her)  Open your eyes. Aren’t you curious about my peace offering?

Kim: Only if it involves food. I don’t think I can go another round without any. (laughing)

Gerald: (laughing) Open your eyes baby…

Kim opened her eyes to find Gerald holding a bed tray filled with Chinese take out boxes.

Kim: BABE!! When did you do this?

Gerald: While you slept. (laughing as he watched her sit up real fast and grab the tray from him) My poor baby. I’m sorry. I should have fed you first.

Kim: This is a good enough apology. Babe? Can you throw me one of your shirts?

Gerald: Hmmmm… I don’t know. I think I like you the way you are. In our bed with a blanket on… hmmm…

Kim: (laughing) Babe, please… I want to concentrate on my food and not think about you concentrating on me.

Gerald: Shirt or no shirt. I’ll always concentrate on you. But if it will help you concentrate on your late night dinner… (gives Kim one of his shirts to wear)

Kim: (laughing) I love you baby and thank you. Now come join me.  This fried rice is so good right now.

Gerald: Feed me gorgeous.

Kim: Babe… when are you going back to New York?

Gerald: I was thinking of taking you back with me and celebrating the New Year with me. You don’t start school until mid January anyways.

Kim: Does Gerald want to play house with Kim?

Gerald: You better stop because the last time we played house…

Kim: (laughing) I’ll stop. I want to eat. Can you not see how hungry I am?

Gerald: So what do you think? New York City – New Year’s Eve? We can watch the shiny apple drop.

Kim: Sounds like fun! Let’s leave right after Christmas.

Gerald: Yeah!!! You can be my stay home wife while the husband goes to work for 2 weeks.

Kim:  Are you expecting dinner every night? (raising an eyebrow at him)

Gerald: No, but I am expecting dessert.

Kim: (throws a pillow at him) You’re insatiable.

Gerald: Like I said, you’re fault. (feeds Kim some orange chicken)

Kim: So when do you want to go to my family’s? I’m thinking Saturday.

Gerald: Sounds good. You can pack for New York.

Kim: I feel like every time we go to my family’s house, we always have them driving us to the airport at the end of our time with them.

Gerald: You know, that is true but we won’t have them drop us to the airport. We’ll just drive there ourselves. We’re taking the private jet anyways.

Kim: Okay. What about your car?

Gerald: We’ll leave it at the airport. You want some more of this chow mein?

Kim: Yes please. Wait! Then you won’t have a car in New York. 

Gerald: No worries. Did you not see how many taxis were in the city?

Kim: (sarcastically) You are so funny. Seriously, so what is going to happen to your car?

Gerald: You can use it. Eventually when it’s time to settle, then I’ll have it shipped to wherever we end up at. Okay? So are we good now to going to New York?

Kim: Yes! Start spreading the news!! I’m coming to stay! Not really but the song is appropriate. Now, do you want a proper welcome home?...

Kim and Gerald spent a couple days at their place, shopping, and even drove south to visit Matt and Mel and Tanya and Jon for the day.  Kim packed for New York and they eventually headed to Kim’s family home to spend Christmas with them.  Kim’s family was excited that Gerald was going to be spending Christmas with them especially John Paul, considering that Gerald was his video game partner. Kim and Gerald bought a carload of presents which took quite a few trips to unload. They spent the next five days with Kim’s family preparing for Christmas and their annual Christmas Eve family party. They attended midnight mass and opened presents right after. Gerald had such a great time with Kim’s family, enjoying their Christmas traditions and all the family that came over. He missed his family but called them often throughout the days they were there. Soon enough, the day after Christmas, they headed back to their place to pick up Kim’s luggage and then headed to the airport to head to New York.