▽ 001

  ▽ varia  :  kingdom entertainment's first boy group ✖ loading...
CHAPTER ONE
 
SO when are we debuting again?
HOME | KINGDOM | VARIA | UPDATES
may 15, 2016
The seven members of Kingdom Entertainment's upcoming boy group sat in silence in one of the meeting rooms in the building, a sheet of paper in front of each. Inscribed were the words "Stage Name", "Birthday", "Height", "Weight", "Specialty" and "Position". Most of the criteria had been filled out - positions were declared early on during their formation as a group by CEO Hyundon himself, while the boys pretty much knew their birth dates, heights, and weight. Yuto was still puzzled by this little exercise even after their two managers left them to their own devices; he assumed that this was done early as well but it would seem that this was one of those little details that were best left at the last minute for accuracy... maybe. He wasn't very privy to the inner workings of the company's planning and...
"Ah, yes, the details for the public profiles. I knew these were coming soon." laughed Jongsik as he drummed his pen on the table.
"You knew?" asked Chiho, looking at Jongsik with curious eyes. The older nodded, saying nothing more as he let his grin speak for himself.
This was the exact reason why they appointed Jongsik as the leader of the group. When they were discussing group positions in a similar-looking room, they were asked to vote for the group's leader. Of course, the whole thing blew to a fiasco of jokes coming from Natsuki, Hyubin and Jongsik (bless the rest of the group), before Yuto suggested that they had Jongsik as the leader. Not only was he the oldest (and, in theory, the wisest one... though that's extremely debatable now tbh), he was the only one of them who knew the industry, as he's debuted before. Not as an idol, but still. That, and Woojin was keen on not being the leader despite Jongsik arguing that he could be the leader so he could take care of them and . The younger was more than happy to let Jongsik rule... because abusing the leader was perfectly acceptable in fandoms lmao.
"Well I know what I'll use as my stage name!" declared Natsuki as he quickly scribbling something. Hyubin, who was beside him, peered over his shoulder.
"Natsu?"
"Short for Natsuki, hyung."
Woojin giggled chuckled. "It's like Natsu Dragneel's name. Suits you a lot, Natsuki-ah; you're both full of energy and impulsive."
Natsuki scoffed. "I guess that's a great concidence! I'll start telling people that when they ask why I go by Natsu."
"Aww, mommy really knows the kids a lot!" cooed Jongsik in between a high-pitched voice. Woojin simply glared at him.
"you can have him to yourself like you've always have, hyung. and don't call me mommy."
Yuto shook his head as he laughed lightly. "I guess I'll go with Yuto, then. It's what I go by, anyway, and it'll be easier for me." he declared, writing a neat "Yuto" on the space provided for the stage name on his own form. He and Natsuki won't be the weird ones in the industry anyway - lots of foreign idols also went by their real names. It was unique in its own way. Besides, he and Mai both embraced their Japanese blood even as trainees so why would debut make things any different?
"How does Neo sound?" asked Xiaojian after practically boring holes in his own form. He's been thinking of a good stage name to set himself apart, and Neo just... came out of nowhere.
"Like... the Matrix character?" asked Chiho.
"Umm, I guess. But it sounds cool, right? Right up the alley of other rappers." he grinned. Rappers - of which he is one, idol or not - usually had those creative and cool stage names, so he guessed that he could also go up that direction. in an industry where you can get away with being "rap monster" or "g-dragon", "neo" wasn't something scandalous. or new
"I'm gonna be Neo." he said with finality, as he started writing the name in English on the form. Neo meant "new", as far as he remembered, and it was unique enough for him. He'll make new definitions to being an idol rapper - yep, sounds about good.
"When you put it that way, I'll go with Milow." Hyubin cut in, his voice as confident as he usually is. "It sounds cool and it fits me, right?"
"It sounds like what those Minions would say, Hyubin," Xiaojian amusedly thought. "Milow milow milow milow."
"I'll be G!" chirped Woojin suddenly, a bright smile on his face. For the moment of his excitement, he forgot to put on his "tough guy" persona...
"G?" the others asked, looking at him for an explanation.
"Mhmm! I was born in July 7, right? And that's two sevens when you write it in numbers. and g is the seventh letter in the latin alphabet. The number 7 somewhat resembles the hangul character for g, so I'll be G!" he explained, demonstrating his point by showing the others his form, where he had written his birthday on the space provided as numbers. "Besides, Katekyo HItman Reborn has a character named 'G', and he's really cool. I wanna be like him so the name will remind me of that daily."
Cue Jongsik loudly screaming and squealing how cute it was of Woojin to be like that, crushing the latter in his arms and prompting Woojin to try and pry himself out. The younger ones either laughed or didn't react - this has been a normal occurrence since January and they've been used to it for some time now.
"That leaves me and Jongsik-hyung..." Chiho pointed out, which caught Jongsik's attention and promptly calming him down.
"I'll probably go by my name this time. I could also go by my old stage name... but that's when I was in gw/nv and this is something new. I'll start fresh." Jongsik stated, obviously leaving out the fact that the boys call him Jeonsik a lot to and he'd really not want to let that catch on with the future fans of Varia.
Chiho was quiet even if the others were starting to tease Jongsik with his old stagename again. He could also go by his real name - Chiho - but... his younger brother called him a few days ago and asked if he will use Kangchi (his brother's nickname for him) as his stage name for him. He was going to say no, for more reasons than one, but his mom overheard the conversation and basically begged Chiho to use Kangchi. And he loves his little brother - awful nickname and all - so...
"... Kangchi. My stage name will be Kangchi."
The others looked at him as he wrote down his choice. "Kangchi? Like... Kang Chiho without the 'ho'?" asked Yuto.
"Heh, that sounded like he always has a hoe with him." commented Natsuki with clear mischief, for which he earned a light neck chop from Woojin.
"My little brother calls me Kangchi, and he wanted me to use it for my stage name." Chiho explained, which now triggered Woojin's little outbursts of coddling. That still kind of weirds Chiho out, but he's gotta live with it because he and Woojin were in the same group since January to how long the group will last. ( #savekangchi2k16 ). right now he just hopes that changmin will be really happy and excited if he finds out that his older brother is glorifying his nickname.
After the stage names were the discussion for their specialties, and while some were easier to figure out, it was evident that, with the months they've spent with each other, they've known each other well enough to point out each others' specialties that they may have otherwise missed. And that was exactly the reason why CEO Hyundon and the managers chose to leave them alone with the forms - they tested out just how close the boys have grown throughout the months they've been together (like the amount of weirdness they are dishing out and can tolerate isn't proof enough...), and it looked like they were just about ready for debut.
MAIA's NOTE
so... chapter one! pfftt-- /sapped- alright firstly i'm sorry i disappeared all of a sudden. my sister took my laptop while she was on vacation up in the mountains and my pc decided to die on my every godshdiddlydarn hour i use it ( no exaggerations ) so i had to wait for her to give my laptop back to start with things. and i had to prioritize making my cvs and portfolios first ( i cannot ignore the fact that i am a lazy bum not looking for work lol ) so i spent four days for that ( #help ).
anyway! i hope you guys enjoyed my posting! they'll debut soon, but before that, cheesy needed to happen first lololololololol
also tokki is a fantastic article writer. and her teaser was cute ok i'm sorry i'm trash compared to her otl lmaoooooooooooo--
#savekangchiho2k16
lAYOUT © -EXCELSIS