Chicago - Part 1

Limelight

    Kat spent the week leading up to the concert finding out everything she could about Jin. He seemed nice enough, but what can you really tell about someone when you are watching them through a screen. His mothering personal occasionally seemed overbearing.  Kat always had others trying to take care of her. It was annoying to live your life being taken care of.

    Hana was the one leading this chase. Kat was starting to dread meeting her soulmate. Kat lived her whole life being told how wonderful it is to find her soulmate, and that they would live happily ever after. Her mother and father were living proof that this could happen. They were happy everyday. Of course there were fights, but the good times far outweighed the bad.

    Kat used to dream of a knight in shining armor sweeping her off her feet. Jin was handsome enough to play the part of the prince, but according to Hana, he was more of a princess. She imagined the members of BTS carrying Jin to her, and giggled aloud drawing Hana’s attention.

    “Come on we should head down to stand in line.” Hana said poking her head out of the bathroom of their hotel room. Kat nodded in return and the two made their way to the line.

    

    They had stopped by a small store that sold kpop goods during their time there. Kat had purchased her desired light stick, and Hana had bought one as well The chatter in the line outside the concert hall was all about BTS, asking about their bias, or OTP.

    The clunky bracelet around her wrist was not enough to hide the music note. The person in line behind them spotted and asked Kat about it.  “Is that a tattoo?”

    Hesitantly Kat answered truthfully. “No, it’s my mark.

    It was as though line breathed a sigh. Kat bore a mark, meaning that she was no longer a threat. The girl in front of them turned around. “Speaking of mark, did you hear that Jin got his mark?” Kat tried not to look alarm. “Rumor has it that it’s someone he met in Dallas. This means it’s likely that she is American!”

    Hana sighed and rolled her eyes, “That’s all lies, Jin has a mark, but I bet it’s with Suga. They are roommates after all.”  Kat exhaled and made a mental note to thank Hana

    “No way it would have to be Namjoon. Namjin is my OTP.” One of the girls stated confidently.

    The girl in line in front of them spun on her heel and nearly snapped. “It’s Jinkook. It has to be. Jin is always protecting Kookie. That have to be more than just friends.”

    A girl walking by with an arm full of banners stopped upon hearing the conversation. She pulled out her phone and started showing pictures of Jin on tumblr. “This girl has been posting pictures of Jin all week. She wasn’t able to find a visible mark on him. Her theory is that Jin was asking for someone else.”

    Hana snorted. “He is wearing a hoodie in most of those pictures. How would she even be able to see the mark?”

    The girl with the banners smiled confidently. “She was at the concert in Dallas and saw him point to his arm. He was wearing a long sleeve shirt in Dallas, but it would have to be on his arm.” Going through the pictures, Jin’s wrist was always obscured. Either showing the back of his wrist, or the section of his arm being blocked by another member's head, or an object.

    “Well, the which member do you think it is?” Hana asked her hip cocked to one side.

    “Jimin. I think Jimin found a girl. Lately he hasn’t been hanging off the other members as much.” The crowd murmured their agreement that this was likely, and in a matter of minutes the new theory was all over the internet.


 

“Really? Now I’m marked?” Jimin set his phone down on the table forcefully. He was having his makeup done and the stylist exhaled in frustration. “Sorry”

Taehyung laughed from his seat on the couch. “How did they come up with you? First Jin, and now you. They are so far off.”

“They aren’t going to think that it is the baby though. Maknae gets immunity from these rumors.” Namjoon added from his chair. His eyes were closed as another stylist tried to apply the perfect amount of eye shadow.

“Hey! Why couldn’t it be me?” Jongkook pulled out his cell phone and flipped to one of the articles. He read aloud as he typed out his message. Personally I think it’s Jeon Jungkook. He is so handsome, she must be a very lucky girl!”

Hoseok snorted from his spot on the couch.”Are you serious? You want the wrath of the fans?”

“Guys just leave him alone. He is the first one of us to have their mark made public, even if they think it’s my mark.” Jin tried to mediate the argument. “The tattoo should help, I hope.”

The cordi noona entered the room and handed each of them a new outfit. “Clothes must stay on at all times.” She sent a pointed look at Jimin who rolled his eyes in reply. “I mean it. In two days we will cover Jungkook’s tattoo with concealer, and take photos at the California stop. There will be a few landmarks that would confirm that none of you had a mark. After LA there will be an announcement that he got a tattoo, and that will be that. As a result, if anyone else wanted a tattoo, now would be a good time. We can release pictures of you all in a shop in LA.”

    The nodded their agreement, several members already thinking out what they wanted. The manager entered a few minutes later. “You are needed on stage in five minutes. Be ready.”

    They all huddled together and cheered before walking out onstage to a screaming crowd.


 

    Kat was in the second row of the pit section. The girls around her all screamed and cheered. The light sticks in the theater glowed bright. Hana nudged Kat smiling excitedly, before indicating that she should switch the light stick to her right hand where her mark was.

    Hana had also insisted that Kat wear short sleeves. With her light stick raised, the mark would be clearly visible from the stage. Between screams she had been able to talk to the other girls around her. The girls were all shapes and sizes. With varying ages, and walks of life. When asked for her bias Kat answered Jimin. There was something about his cute cheeks and eye smile that caught her interest, although she supposed she should spend more time watching Jin now.


 

    The bars to their first song started and they were in formation. Kat had raised her light stick high and was moving it with the beat of the song. They performed two songs, before introducing themselves.

    They acted cute on stage, before immediately jumping into more songs. It was not until one of their slower songs that the members were able to approach the edge of the stage and get a closer look at the crowd. The first thing Taehyung noticed, was a pretty girl with dark brown hair and soft curls. Her brown eyes were absorbed in every movement. She smiled peacefully as she swayed in time to the beat. Their eyes met, and she smiled and lifted her right arm to wave. It was then that he noticed the small music note gracing her wrist.

    Taehyung grinned and waved at her happily. He made a show of waving to other fans before he ran off to talk to Jin as Jungkook was currently singing. “It’s her, 2nd row. Over there.” He nodded subtly.

    Jin looked before spotting the familiar face. As soon as Jimin took over singing. Jin approached Jungkook to relay the information. There was no way she was leaving without talking to him. Jungkook nearly missed his cue for the next part of the song.

As soon as the song ended they raced back stage to change, and called over their manager. “Hyung. It’s her. She is in the Pit. Music note on her wrist. I have to talk with her.” Jungkook pleaded.

“We can’t pull her out of the pit in the middle of the show. We will have to catch her after the hi-touch.” Jungkook whined his distress. “I’ll make sure she is held back.”

Jungkook did his best to put on the best performance for his mystery soulmate. He wanted to stand out. His moves were sharper, and his voice clearer than it had been in the past. They returned for their encore, and Jungkook found her and spent as much time as he could by her section. Even pulling over Yoongi when the girl next to her kept yelling his name.

Jungkook walked off the stage grinning from ear to ear. He was going to meet her, and he would finally be complete.

 
 
 
This is definately more than 3 chapters. I really wanted to have them meet in Chicago and then it be over.... but there is the long distance thing that they will have to deal with, and this is 1500 words, and they haven't met yet in this chapter, so more story for everyone. yay!