Dallas

Limelight

    Hana booked an 8am flight to Dallas. When they had arrived at the airport the hallways were lined with fans wishing to bid their oppas goodbye. Hana made the mistake of wearing the tour shirt. Being of Korean descent, the group of girls started screaming like crazy, and looking around frantically for their favorite member. Kat ducked her head and anxiously moved her way through the security checks.

    In the waiting area for their gate Kat rubbed her thumb gently across her mark. It was slightly warmer than her normal skin but didn't bring her any pain. It was almost comforting. Hana kept throwing out ideas. "What if it's that gross security guard with the fumanchu?" She giggled at her own joke. "Ooh! What about that really hot backup dancer?" She clapped.

    Kat let her wrist fall. " I didn't touch either of them." She sighed slightly annoyed.

    "Well who did you touch?" She thought for several minutes. "You were surrounded by a ton of screaming girls in the pit. There was a security guard that was pushing us on, during the hitouch." Her eyes seem to glow as she smirked at Kat. "I bet it's one of the boys! Oh that would be amazing. You and Jimin together would be adorable! I totally ship it. Although I don't really mind as long as it's not Suga. He is mine."

    Kat rolled her eyes. "I don't really get to choose, and he is obviously not yours or you would be marked as well."

    

The early morning flight that they were supposed to be on was over booked. They were asked to wait and take the next flight at 3:45pm. Kat answered without hesitation stating that it would be ok.

"What do you mean? You want to hang out in the Airport for seven hours?" Hana asked once the attendant was gone.

Kat shrugged. "There is no reason that we need to be in Dallas before noon. We can't even check into a hotel until after 3pm."

Hana huffed, but agreed with the statement. They spent the next several hours talking about everything and nothing.

Hana found a wall outlet where they planted themselves.  Hana pulled out her laptop and headphones. Placing one earbud in her  left ear, she put the other in Kat's. "Let's start with the names of the members."

By the time the had to board their plane, she knew names, birthdays, where they grew up, and many special talents. Hana reasoned that we would start with this, and then move to discography while on the plane in the hotel room. Come the concert the following day, Kat would be well on her way to being an expert on Bangtan Sonyeondan.


 

Jungkook woke up at 4am, after 3 hours of sleep, along with the other members. They donned masks and quickly made their way out to the waiting black van. They boarded quickly and made the way to their airport.

They were anxious to get on the plane where they would be able to catch some additional sleep. The fans screamed loudly and they scrunched up their eyes as though they were smiling and waved. Answering with a blowing kiss when someone called out their name. They calmly made their way through the security. without issue.

They felt bad when they heard that the plane was overbooked. They had to be at the concert hall at 12 in order to have everything set up and ready to begin practicing. They would get to go out for dinner at 5pm, and be out for about two hours so they could get pictures for social media. Afterward they would return to the concert hall for more practice. Normally they were allowed to get 6-8 hours of sleep the night before a concert. He was looking forward to the night of sleep, and this is what kept him moving as they began to board the plane.

On the plan he felt his wrist tingling. He pulled up his sleeve and found that the music note was the source of the odd feeling. It was slightly warmer than he thought it should be.

"Jin Hyung? Is this normal? Should my mark be hot?" He whispered to the older member sitting next to him.

Jin looked over with slight interest. He placed his hand on Jungkook's wrist and smiled. "That's normal. Feel mine." He grabbed Jungkooks hand and guided it to his back. On his ribcage was a small flower shaped mark. It was warm to touch and almost throbbing.

"Will mine throb like that?" Jungkook asked slightly alarmed

Jin laughed and buckled his seatbelt as the light came on. "Yes, when they are close it is warm, when you share your first kiss, it begins to throb. From what I understand, it will throb as long as your partner is alive. It beats in time to their heart beat. When we have finished a show, it's really thumping. It's very comforting. No matter how far apart we are, I can still feel his heartbeat." Jin smiled fondly, and shot a fond smile over his shoulder at Namjoon, who was already asleep."

 

    Kat jumped around with the other girls at the concert. Enjoying it more than the first due to now knowing the members and the songs. She sang along with the lyrics should could remember, and mumbled those she forgot. Seeing all the people around her with the bomb shaped light sticks she made a mental note to find where she could purchase one before the next concert.

    Unfortunately Kat and Hana were not able to get tickets with high touch, so they got tickets further back and splurged to purchase two $900 tickets for the pit section in Chicago.

    They exited the theater quickly once the concert ended and made their way to where the vans and buses were waiting for the group and staff. The arch of girls surrounding the area screamed anytime the door open, including when custodial staff brought out a bag filled with trash. He smiled and waved at the group, tossing a wink, and making everyone scream louder.

    When the boys finally exited nearly an hour after the end of the concert there was a massive push toward them. Kat found herself flat against the rail. Slightly shy, she took a deep breath to steel herself before putting up her marked arm and waving. She was very thankful she was at the front and didn’t need to stretch it high in the air to be seen.

    The boys all smiled and waved happy to see that the fans enjoyed the concerts. Jhope, Jin, and Namjoon were right in front of us. JHope grinned and smacked my hand with a huge grin. Namjoon shot a confused look when Hana yelled for Suga’s attention, even though he was right there. Kat gave him an apologetic a look, that she often wore around Hana. Namjoon winked and Kat giggled hiding her burning cheeks.

    Jin froze in front of Kat. Staring at her wrist until Namjoon grabbed him and started to drag him to the van. Above the screams he could be heard shouting “Tattoo?”

    Kat pointed to herself, and he nodded. She shook her head and pointed to the music not indicating that no. It was not a tattoo, but that it was a soulmark.

    The van door slammed shut, and drove off. The crowd of girls ran to the street to wave as the van passed. Kat stood frozen at the rail. Her hand rubbed the mark. It was warmer than it had been before. Not enough to burn, but much warmer than normal.

 

“Jungkook!” Jin exclaimed as the car drove off. “That was her.”

Jungkook looked at him in confusion. “She was at the New York concert. How would she be in Dallas too?”

“Maybe your soulmate is a sasaeng!” Taehyung teased.

“Or maybe she is looking for you too?” Supplied Jimin.


 

The next morning the online articles were filled with fan accounts of Jin yelling for a mysterious marked girl. Rumors began flyings. Thankfully no one caught Kat on camera or recognized her.

The comments were vicious. Some threatening Jin’s unknown soulmate. Others calling her quite nasty names. There were a few stating that he was probably asking where she got her tattoo. This brought up the idea of BTS with tattoos, which became the subject for many fan fictions, and fan arts.

Jin came on social media and outright stated that he was not speaking with his soulmate, before staying out of the media’s eye. They were given a day to explore Dallas before flying out to Chicago. They smiled and waved at the fans as they would any other day.

 

BTS explained the situation to their manager, who was slightly irritated that Jungkook’s mark was in such a visible place. Eventually it was decided that he would get a tattoo to hide the mark.

Jungkook thought for a while before deciding on something that was meaningful to him. He decided on half the opening bar to I need you girl. A quarter rest, B flat, C, E flat, C. The first note, B flat would be the mark. The rest in white ink.

Jungkook took a picture with a huge grin showing off his new modified mark. It no longer looked as though it were a mark. It had approval from the company. The photo would be uploaded the day after the Chicago concert. It would be bad to have it on display while it was still so new and tender.

 

Jungkook laid on his back staring on his now disguised mark. He tried to imagine what his mate was like. There had been so many girls at the concert. There wasn’t really one that stood out above the others in his mind.

He did not hear Taehyung exit the bathroom, and by the time he noticed, it was too late to avoid the pillow flying toward his face.

“Stop worrying about it. You will find her or you won't. To be honest there is nothing different between now, and before the mark arrived.”

Jungkook launched the pillow back at his bandmate. “Its different. Before I didn’t know I would find her.”

Taehyung sat down on the empty bed and hugged the pillow. “You still don’t know that you’ll find her.”

“Thanks hyung that helps.”

Taehyung flashed his boxy smile. “No problem.” Moments later another pillow smacked him in the face.

Jungkook let his eyes drift back to his wrist. “I hope she can still recognize the mark.”

Taehyung stood and turned his back to Jungkook as he undressed to prepare for his shower. “I’m sure she will. The bigger issue is if other girls recognize the mark. You could see yourself with an horde of girls wanting to be your soulmate” He shuddered slightly to emphasise the horror. He gathered a few items from his suitcase, and made his way to the shower. The door clicked close and Jungkook feel back on the bed.

After a few minutes the door clicked again. “And don’t forget you have 6 amazing hyungs to help you look.” He flashed his boxy grin again and closed the door minutes before Jungkooks last pillow slammed into the door.

 
 
 
 
 
 
Hopefully one last chapter.... although it may be two...