The Days Leading Up Part 1

MEOWch

...hmmm...i feel kinda ashamed...i promised yall an update during christmas break and that def didnt happen...sorry!!!!...i was so busy during break i didnt get enough time to write an update...and then january i had exams...and i thought hey!!!!i get a weeks break after ill write an update then!!!!...and my laptop had to go and crash taking my half written update along with my uni app along with it...meannie laptop...hmph...anyways...here it is finally!!!!...its just a filler chap sadly...gonna have another like mini paragraph filler before i get to writing proper chaps again...hope yall enjoy!!!!

The day after, you woke up quite early and leaving Jaejoong still sleeping, you quietly brush and sneak into the kitchen. You didn’t notice when Jaejoong joined you in the kitchen as you were too busy scribbling away on a notepad. Nudging your shoulder as he sat down with his own cup of coffee, he pushed your forgotten cup closer toward you.

“Now what has got you so busy that you’ve forgotten about your beloved coffee?” Jaejoong gave you a kiss on the forehead before peering down at the notepad.

“Oh it’s nothing, just a list of stuff that I have to get done for today.”, you say nonchalantly as you grab your mug and take a big gulp of your lukewarm coffee.

As you get up to reheat it, Jaejoong begins to read off the pad. “Dress fitting 10 o’clock. Call caterers and confirm menu. Call hotel to check on reservations and remind them people needed to help caterers, baker. Call bakery to check up on cake. Call florist to check on cherry blossom order. Check with Min Kyung unnie that centrepieces are ready. Remind Jaejoong to check on his tux.” As you walked back to your seat with your now hot coffee, he gaped at you. “You’re going to do this all today?”

“It’s not much Jae, it’s only a couple of phone calls and that’s it. Why’re you so shocked?”

Jaejoong just handed you back the notepad and once free of it, he lifted his hands up in surrender. “All I can say is that I’m glad I’m not doing this, I’d probably forget to do half of what you’ve written.”

“Then I guess it’s a good thing that it falls under my responsibility huh?” Checking your watch, you realized that it’s almost 9 and you still had to get ready for your fitting. “Anyway, remember to go check your tux again and make sure to call your members to help finish with the packing, we have to move everything into the new house and unpack it all before we leave. Seeing as how there really isn’t all that much left to pack, I think we can finish moving out by today and then tomorrow we can spend the time unpacking it all. There shouldn’t be much anyway…” Gulping the rest of your coffee down, you rush into your room to get ready.

Min Kyung arrived at half past nine and ready, you left immediately. You were early for your appointment at the boutique so while you waited, you decided to cross out a couple things off your list. As you were put on hold with the hotel, you asked Min Kyung about the centrepieces.

Rolling her eyes, she gave your hand a reassuring pat. “Don’t worry so much ____, if you remember, we have had weddings before, don’t stress out. I’ve already checked all the vases and all are perfect and the stones to fill them are as well, in fact I think you’ll be quite pleased with how it all looks. The stones are the same creamy white as your dress and I thought it’d be nice to add a few black ones in too.”

You give her a wide smile. “Seriously, I don’t know how I would have come out of this sane without you unnie.”

At that moment you were taken off hold with the hotel. Reassured that everything was still going according to plan and that yes indeed all the guests could be accommodated you finally hung up. Sighing in relief, you crossed out those two items from your list.

“It’s a good thing that I took a year off, I’d have died of stress if I had that worry on top of my head…” You hang your head back, looking forward to the end of all this. Who knew it would be so troublesome just to be able to spend the rest of your life with the one you loved…

“Ms. Lee? We’re ready for you now.”, the attendant said as she appeared from the fitting rooms.

Gathering your things, you followed her into yours and with help from both her and Min Kyung, you stepped into your dress. Zipping it up, you walk out from behind the curtains and stand patiently as the seamstress examined the dress to make sure it fit snugly.

“You’ve lost some weight haven’t you?”, she asked as she fussed around your waist and neckline.

“Did I? But I’ve been eating the same…” You turn to look into the mirror and you see that she was right, the bodice was slightly loose.

Taking out her kit, the seamstress said, “Don’t worry, it’s not that much, you wouldn’t have noticed if this dress wasn’t meant to fit you exactly and it’ll only take a minute to fix. Most of the brides we see come through usually do lose weight, it’s from all the stress that comes with wedding planning.” Taking out safety pins, she began to tug the bodice tightly and once it couldn’t be pulled any more, she pinned the dress. “There we go, now time to get out of that dress so I can tighten it up for you dear.”

Going back behind the curtain, you stepped out of the dress and changed back, all the while examining yourself in the mirror. Hmm…not much change in my face which is good, but I did lose some weight… How come I didn’t notice this before? Good thing I had this fitting though, the bodice of a strapless has to be well fitting…

Before you left the boutique, you asked whether or not it would be necessary to come back to try the dress once more after it had been tightened but you were told it wasn’t necessary. You thanked them for all the help they had given you for the past three months and left with Min Kyung. The fitting had taken less time than you had thought and you were already on the way home before it struck eleven. On the ride home you called the florist, who informed you that the cherry blossoms were already placed aside and waiting to be transported to the hotel and the caterers told you the same thing as well, everything was going as planned and the menu would be executed as had been wished. Rather than calling the bakery, you asked Min Kyung to drive by it so that you could go in personally to ask after the preparations.

With the news of your weight loss, you couldn’t put away the temptation to buy one of the mouth watering pastries. With Min Kyung’s help, you chose out a small and very light fruit cake, big enough so that the DBSK boys at home could have something to look forward to after all the moving. Just like everyone else before Mrs. Park had said, everything in relation to your wedding cake was going well and there was nothing to worry about.

In the car ride home, Min Kyung laughed at how much of a perfectionist you were being. “Didn’t I tell you all these calls were unnecessary? If something was wrong they’d call you themselves.” Shaking her head, she added, “No wonder you lost some weight…”

You made a face at her. “It’s better to be reassured then worried unnie. And…do you think it’s possible if you keep that a secret?”

“Keep what a secret?”

“…The losing weight thing…because it’s not like it’s much any way and it’ll just cause Jae to worry needlessly…”

“I wasn’t planning on anyway, knowing him he’d freak out and begin to feed you like crazy…which would definitely give you cause to worry about fitting into your dress.”

“Thanks unnie.”

As you parked the car, you saw the guys surrounded by boxes near their cars. Walking over, you went to greet them.

Upon spotting you, Junsu came running over and just to annoy Jaejoong, he gave you a big hug. “Hey ____!”

Laughing, you hug him back him. “Hello Junsu oppa, how’ve you been?”

“Hyung’s been making us work with no break ever since we got here…”, he pouted cutely.

Walking over, Jaejoong leaned down to give you a quick kiss before glaring slightly at Junsu. “How’d everything go?”, he asked you.

“I managed to get everything done already and it’s all going to plan, so now I’m free to help with the packing. And don’t worry oppa, I’ve prepared a treat for all your hard work.”, you said as you lifted up the cake box.

At the sight of the cake, Junsu’s and Changmin’s eyes lit up and with renewed vigour, they began to pack the boxes into the cars. Bidding your goodbyes, you left the boys downstairs and went up with Min Kyung. Entering the apartment, you were surprised to find that most of the packing was done, the only thing left to do was transport it all. You and Min Kyung finished the rest of the packing while the boys brought as many boxes to the house as could fit in their cars. By evening, everything that wasn’t needed had been moved and you were left with a bare apartment. You prepared coffee and tea for everyone as the men made their last trip to the house for the day. Since you all had been busy packing, lunch had been forgotten, so you decided to start on making bibimbap for dinner. When they came back, everyone sat down for tea time and the cake was eaten ravenously by the guys. Dinner was served shortly after and once their stomachs had been filled, they stood up to leave.

“Thanks for all your help, really. I don’t think we’d have been able to get all this done without you guys, and I’m so sorry for asking you to work so much though it’s your break…”

Yunho shook his head and smiled tenderly. “You don’t need to thank us or apologize to us either, it’s not a big deal. And we’d do anything to help you two, you’re family and this is what family does. We’ll see you tomorrow.” And with that they left.

Min Kyung gave you a huge hug before she left. Looking you straight in the eyes, she said, “Don’t worry too much alright? And make sure to get a lot of sleep, go to bed early tonight and wake up late tomorrow okay?” Your nod was enough of a response to satisfy her and so she turned to Jaejoong. “You too Joongie, make sure to get enough sleep and make sure she stops her worrying alright? You both want to be well rested before the big day, so make sure to relax!” Giving you one last hug, she left with a promise to be back tomorrow with her husband to help with moving what furniture was going with you guys.

Left alone, you looked around the empty apartment. “This still doesn’t feel real…I can’t believe in four days we’re going to be married and we’re moving into a new house…”

Jaejoong wrapped his arms around you. “Well…you better believe it because it is reality and I’m definitely not willing to let you leave me hanging at the altar.”

Laughing, you hugged him back. “Don’t worry, that’s an appointment I don’t intend to miss.”

Kissing your forehead, Jaejoong walked behind you and pushed you gently toward your room. “Now how about we follow noona’s advice and call it a night hmm?”

Nodding, you follow him into the welcoming bed and tried to push all worries aside to have a peaceful night’s rest.

sooo...how was it????did yall like????...as always...itd be awesome if yall would leave some comments below telling me what you thought about it!!!!thnk you!!!!and seriously...yall are the best readers ever!!!!thnks for sticking by me...and my infrequent updates...THANK YOU!!!!