Double Whammy

MEOWch

...hides face behind hands and talks...IM SO SO SO SO SORRY I HAVENT UPDATED IN AGES!!!!its almost been 2 months i think...IM SOOOO SORRY!!!!i just had exams and then i had and still have a 4000 word essay to finish and my grandparents are visiting and ive got summer school...ive barely had time to do much let alone writing...but still IM SOOOO SORRY!!!!and on top of that this update isnt the best update ever since i do currently have writers block and the fact i havent written in so long makes it hard to start again...sigh...anyways...ill try to make it up to you guys!!!!sad to say...i most likely wont be updating anytime soon again because i seriously have to finish this essay of mine...but i will try my very hardest too!!!!SORRY A MILLION TIMES!!!!AND THANKS BUNCHES FOR STICKING BY ME!!!!I LUV ALL OF YOU!!!!and without further ado...please enjoy!!!!

You were sprawled on the living room floor, surrounded by a circle of wedding magazines and catalogues, writing away diligently into the notebook you had assigned for all things wedding related. You had already sent out the invites and reserved enough cottages in Jeju, making an agreement with the manager that you would only pay for the ones that you would use, so booking extra wasn’t a problem for you. You had sent out your dress to be fixed and there was to be a fitting in two weeks. An appointment had been booked for both Jaejoong and you to go test out a couple of caterers and bakers, you wanted to finalize the menu this weekend. I can’t believe the wedding is in a month…everything’s going by so fast! You were currently staring at different magazines, opened to a page which showed the same thing as the next, centerpieces. You chose the best three and got up. Carrying the magazines over to Jaejoong’s office, you see him on his guitar.

“Knock knock.” You enter the room and spread the magazines out in front of Jaejoong. “Which one do you like best?”

“Any one you like.”, he said dismissively.

Making a face you walk out, “I wouldn’t have asked you if I had one I liked…”

This was how you spent most of your morning, you in the living room planning your wedding and Jaejoong holed up in his office doing whatever he was doing. That was until the phone rang of course. Jaejoong finally came out of his cave and sat down on the sofa, staring at you until you turned to face him.

“Anything the matter Jae”

He leaned onto his knees and his fingers form a bridge. “Oh it’s nothing much.”

“Who called?”, you asked without looking at him, concentrating on your magazines.

“No one really…”, he trailed off. “It was just my mom and sister asking if they could come over.”

You look up, relief evident on your face. “Oh thank god! I was just about to call them, I need some help.” Watching Jaejoong’s nervous expression, you squint your eyes. “Just spit it out Jae.”

“Well, it’s my biological family I was talking about…they wanted to see you before the wedding…”

You freeze at the thought of meeting his real mom, unable to comprehend what was going on. His real mom? And sister? Why do I feel even more nervous than I did meeting eomeoni and abeoji?

“When…when are they coming?”, you stutter out.

“Um, I think they said they’ll be here in about half an hour?”

“What? Half an hour? I got to get ready and I have to clean the house, just look at it! It’s a mess! Why didn’t you tell me sooner?” You quickly got up and grabbed all the magazine and ran to your room, tossing them onto the floor of the closet. Pointing to Jaejoong who had followed you into the room, you order, “You go pick up something to eat and clean up the living room a bit okay? I’m going to shower and then I’ll help you. Go go go!”

Shaking his head at your tension, Jaejoong did as he was told. You quickly get dressed hurriedly, ditching your comfy sweats for a summer dress. Tying your hair back into a ponytail, you quickly touch up your face with some make up and satisfied with how you looked, you went into the living room to pick up any extra things you had left lying around. You scan the room quickly to see if it was presentable enough and sigh in relief that everything seemed okay. Well, at least she won’t be able to say anything to me about keeping house…You sit down onto the couch and wait for Jaejoong to return, praying that he’ll arrive before his mom and sister did. You hear the door open minutes later and you rush to help Jaejoong with whatever he’s bought.

“Oh, thank god you’re ba…”, you stop mid-sentence when you see that he wasn’t alone.

Well, at least I’m not left alone.

You bow to them awkwardly and lead them to the living room. Having seated them, you grab the bags out of Jaejoong’s hands and nudge him toward the guests.

“I’ll get this ready, why don’t you go talk to your mother? I’m sure there’s a lot of catching up you have to do.”

You take your time preparing the food and drinks, relishing in the little amount of time you had to get your mind in order. Once done, you join the other three, seating yourself next to Jaejoong on the love seat.

“Um, umma, this is my fiancée, ____.” You bow your head once again and Jaejoong continued with the introductions. “____, this is my birth mom and that is my half-sister, Yoojung.”

“It’s really nice to meet you ____.”, his mother said, breaking the silence between the two of you.

“As it is you, um…” Here you pause, unsure how to address this new addition to your already large extended family. Turning to Jaejoong, you give him a questioning look. I can’t address her as eomeoni…

Jaejoong being as flustered as you, you’re thankful that his mother fills in the gap. “You can call me Mrs. Han. It might be weird if you call me eomeoni after all…”

“If that’s alright with you.”, you quietly agree. After the introductions, the four of you lapse into an awkward silence, neither party knowing exactly how to proceed.

“Um…Yoojung right?” You wait for Jaejoong’s sister to nod in reply before continuing. “Jae tells me that you’re interested in becoming an actress…how’s it going?”

Yoojung talked about her training and preparations, filling in the silence with chatter. I wonder why Jae’s never talked about them before, if he had I feel like I’d have been much better prepared for this meeting. Then again, from the little hints that eomeoni and everyone else has dropped, she doesn't really keep in touch with Jae too often. After Yoojung stopped talking, there was a little pause which Jaejoong soon filled in, asking his mother about various things.

Jaejoong's mother turned to you. "So, how's the planning for the wedding going?"

"It's going pretty good, so far everything's getting done and on time. Hopefully no hiccups arise during the month. You will be able to attend right?”

Here, Jaejoong’s mother squirmed in her seat, avoiding eye contact with both you and Jaejoong. Don’t tell me she’s not coming…Jaejoong’s brows creased and he repeated your question once more.

Taking a deep breath, his mother finally answered. “That was actually the reason we dropped by today…I don’t think we’ll be able to make it…Yoojung has to go to America to film for a commercial and it just happened to be during the week of your wedding. Of course I can’t send her alone so I’m going too.”

You see Jaejoong’s face fall a little, disappointment evident in his expression. “Couldn’t you make an exception this time? I mean, even though I don’t know you too well, it’d mean a lot to me to have all of Jaejoong’s family there.”

His mother smiled slightly. “I’ll see what I can do.”

“Please do try.”, you insisted.

Once again, an awkward silence settled over the four, amplified by Mrs. Han’s announcement.

“Oh, I have something to give to you two.” His mother ruffled around in her bag for a little bit before extracting a white envelop within its depths. “Here, this is our wedding present to the two of you. It’s nothing much and since we didn’t know what to get you exactly, we thought this was better suited.”

Jaejoong took the envelope from her hands and you both thanked her. Jaejoong’s mother talked for a bit longer before finally getting up from her seat, Yoojung following suit.

“It’s about time we leave. Congratulations again and I hope everything goes as planned.” Here his mother leaned in and gave you a brief hug. “In case we can’t come, I hope you have a wonderful wedding and best wishes.”

She gave Jaejoong a kiss and a hug, his sister giving a hug to him and bowing to you and you followed them to the door. You saw them out before letting out a huge sigh and leaned back against the door.

“Well, that went well.”, you sigh in relief, grabbing the hand Jaejoong offered you and followed him back to the living room. “They were alright, why didn’t you talk more about them Jae?”

“We don’t really keep in touch too much, I mean other than an occasional word here or there…It never really occurred to me I guess.”

Snuggling into him on the couch, you mutter out, “A bit disappointing they won’t be attending the wedding though, no matter how close you guys are or aren’t…”

Kissing the top of your head, Jaejoong gave your hand a squeeze. “What can you do right? I understand why Yoojung can’t come, while you’re still new in the business you can’t pass up anything really. You have to grab every chance you get and it just so happens that the chance fell on the day of our wedding. Anyways, I’m pretty sure my family makes up plenty for their absence.”

“Not just them, but maybe about like 25 other people to add to that.”, you add laughing when you think about how many people make up Jaejoong’s immediate family.

The two of you stay sitting for a couple more minutes before you get up. Jaejoong grabbed a hold of you again, restricting you from getting up. Sighing, you pried his arms off of you.

“As much as I was enjoying our little snuggling session, I have some planning to get back too. I promise you we’ll have a lifetime of moments like that.”

Pouting like a petulant child, he conceded, letting go of you and you went back to your work while he, once again, disappeared into his office doing who knows what.

so apparently jaejoong has more than one biological sister or half sister...this is a pic i found when searching up his biological family...dont know why one of the girls' face is blurred out but oh well...such a cute family portrait though!!!!

jaejoong+and+family_legra.jpg

okay...with that over...im really sorry once again for not updating sooner!!!!and sorry for such a y chapter in return for like the biggest break ever...sigh...i hope the rest of the storyll make it up to yall!!!!anyways...howd yall find this chapter????anything youd like me to change????am i being too harsh about the mother and all????PLEASE GIVE ME SOME FEEDBACK!!!!thank you!!!!