1/1

Apple of My Eye
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I've written two version for the essay. One is the friendship!markson while the other one is the markson!markson (hahahahahaha sorryyyy couldn't come up with the word xD) so i'm posting the bestfriend!markson one first. It has a hint that they are something more. If you wonderful people want, i'll post the other version too. :) But in the meantime, please provide some constructive feedbacks thank you my lovelies!

 

——————— ——————— ——————— ——————— ——————— ——————— ———————

 

     "If looks could kill, he would have already been dead. Literally." Mark muttered as he glared at his target, a million-dollar business owner, who who sat surrounded by many girls in a VIP booth at U29, Underburrow29, the bar for all the rich and powerful people where one can only enter with an invite. The land, Ground Zero as people now call it, is almost uninhabitable anymore, since the ozone layer has been destroyed so terribly that the land has been burnt down and all that was left were charred remains of whatever that had been there.. In fact since year 2057, everything has been shifted and built underground.
     "Oh come on, lighten up a little, dude! I managed to hack through this system and get us into completely out-of-our-league bar. And all you can think about is your mission. Isn't it half complete already? Since we managed to get in and stuff, all that is left is for you to just zap that guy dead. Anyway, shouldn't you be focusing more on finally being able to get a break from college?" Jackson shouted over the music as he slung his arm over Mark's shoulder.
     "I don't have much time left to get done with this stupid mission, and i don't just zap that guy dead. It isn't  that simple, i hypnotise him first, then pull at his energy lines that i can see and stops his organs from functioning. It consumes a whole lot of energy. Also, it's not as if i want this power, do you think i want to kill people? Furthermore, my life is on the line! I've told you what would happen if i don't complete missions on time and i'm not willing to die!" Mark shouted loud enough to be heard by Jackson only, frustrations clear in his voice as his body slumped forward in despair. Jackson stopped bouncing to the music, his expression became sober as he stared at his bestfriend.
     "I'll go get his attention. Meanwhile go to the toilet to get your contact lenses out. You know where that is right? You've been here last year. Oh and also, put on your sunglasses, your purple eyes aren't exactly very inconspicuous."
     Mark looked up only to see Jackson already walking towards the booth. He was very thankful to have a bestfriend who can detect his emotions. He was glad that he could always trust Jackson to have his back, likewise he would do anything in his power to protect his friend if needed to. It's not everyday that he gets to find someone who accepted his abnormality and going the extra mile by befriending him.
     He didn't need to know how Jackson was able to lead the target away onto Ground Zero, except for the fact that he was a genius at implanting any sort of information into the system. A small smile broke out as he found his way to the toilet. As he stared at the reflection of himself in the mirror, he started thinking about how he had gotten into all this trouble.

 

     "Hey boy, do you want to have sight? I can give you sight if you come with me. You will even be able to live in your own pod in Underburrow as well. You won't have to live in this pathetic tent on Ground Zero anymore!"
     Mark looked from his curled-up position towards the direction of the voice and he stared in the direction of where the voice might have come from. Then the voice continued, "Don't worry, we won't hurt you. We are deployed by the Antheopian Government, healthcare sector, and we just want to do a little experiment. I would show you the Government's seal, but you cannot see. You won't be able to survive for long by yourself in this condition. Furthermore, you have no parents to worry where you've went, have you?"
     "I want it. I want sight."
     The next time Mark woke up, he realised that he was in a starch white room with nothing but the bed he was lying on. He blinked once, then another, then another, He could see! He could finally see! Happiness and excitement bubbled through his body. He looked to the side just to see a man in a white coat opening his mouth, "Well looks like my teammates and i have finally succeeded in our experiment. You are only 7 years old, but i'm sure you understand that everything in this world comes at a price. We gave you sight, so you have to give us something back in retu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter