Chapter Three

Survival

Your POV

 

 

The rays from the sun penetrated my eyelids. I tossed and turned until i hit something on the other side. I squinted my eyes, preventing excess light from entering. I turned to my right and realised that there was a boy beside me.

 

"Oh I'm sorry." I apologized but got no response. Maybe he is still sleeping. I climbed out of bed and grumpily dragged my feet to the kitchen. A strong aroma flooded my nostrils as i walked nearer to the place that makes wonders.

 

"Oh, you two know how to cook?" I sat at the dining table as Hoseok placed a plate of steaming hot pancakes right in front of me. "Yeah, but we are eventually going to run out of food supply so enjoy it while it lasts." He politely replied and placed the remaining three set of pancakes onto the table.

 

"I'll go get Jimin. You two can eat first." He then ran up to the room. Jungkook took the seat right infront of me and started to gobble up his food. As for me, i cut up my pancakes into smaller pieces first before eating them.

 

A gust of wind hit my face as the main door flew open and then got slammed shut. The two boys who were coming down stood rooted to the ground. Jungkook stopped chewing and i had the fork just right outside of my mouth. All our attention was attracted by the boy who had his back against the door, eyes sealed shut, panting like there was no tomorrow.

 

He began to slowly open his eyes. He looked up and slowly glanced at us. "Oh ." He mumbled and then straight away turned to face the door and was about to go on a running frenzy once again.

 

"Wait!" Jimim shouted out. Stunned, both Jungkook and i snapped our heads to the owner of the voice. "We wont hurt you. Just stay." He added on. The new comer had a bewildered look on his face. He slowly closed the door and pressed his back firmly against the wall.

 

"How can i trust you?" He began. He had a really deep voice, as deep as the pacific ocean. "Because we were all like you. We all started out as strangers but now we are almost as close as family." The young boy seemed as if there was a battle going on in his head.

 

"Okay, i trust yall. So what are we having for breakfast?" The sudden change in voice gave me the shivers. He happily skipped towards the dining table and took a good whiff of the pancakes we were having.

 

"So, whats your name?" I casually asked while shoving the cut up pancakes into my mouth.

 

"Kim Taehyung. 30th december. 18 years old." He said as he was also eating the pancakes from the extra plate that Hoseok prepared. "Lucky thing i accidentally made extra batter." Hoseok heaved a sigh of relief.

 

"Anyway, Jimin and i were thinking of something but we dont know if you three will agree with it." Jimin had both his hands interlock with each other. "So, since Hoseok, Kaera and i know Karate and Taekwondo, we plan to teach the both of you so that we can get rid of all the guards so we can have the entire city to ourselves." He continued and then picked up his fork and knief and began eating.

 

"I dont mind teaching!" I exclaimed, feeling excited. "But i also know Karate." Jungkook shyly justified. "Me too! I know Taekwondo!!" Taehyung squealed. "Oh then great!! But we will still have training to strengthen each other."

 

Hoseok collected all our plates and headed to the sink. "I'll help you with the dishes." I said and walked over to him. "Me too!" Taehyung excitedly skipped into the kitchen. He politely snatched the latex gloves out of Hoseok's grip and slipped in each hand for each glove.

 

"Let me do it, its the least i could do since you made breakfast." He chirped and turned the tap on, letting the water flow. He placed the filthy dishes into the sink and began scrubbing.

"So..." he started to talk. I looked at him while my hands were just doing the job. "How old are you?" He carried on.

 

"Im 17 years old." I answered him and then focused on getting the job done.

 

I was drying the last plate until Hoseok approached the both of us. "We are going to start training 10 minutes after you two wash the plates so meet us at the rooftop once you are done." He instructed and left.

 

Both of us placed the clean dishes back to where it belonged and hurried to the roof. We opened the door and walked towards the group of teenagers who were stretching in a circle. "Hey, what are we going to do first?" "We are going to do some kicking and punching exercises first then since we all know how to fight, we'll get on to sparring later on." Jungkook responded while he stretched his calf muscles.

 

-

 

"That was a great training session!! We shall continue tomorrow since im sure everyone is half dead right now." Jimin grabbed his towel and headed towards the door. All of us sashayed to the second floor where most of the bathrooms were located at.

 

"Since theres just nice five bathrooms and five of us, each one to one bathroom then." We all split up into various directions and carried on during our business. I finished bathing and reached out for the towel that i hung. I dried myself and was about to put on my clothes until i realised that i didnt bring it in with me. "Damn." I sighed in annoyance.

 

I wrapped the towel around my body and hopped out of the bathroom. I jogged to the room and quickly picked out a plain tshirt and a nice pair of shorts to match it. I held onto the two pieces of clothing together with my undergarments and immediately hobbled back to the bathroom.

 

I was about to open the door but before i could do it, it already slowly swung open, revealing Jungkook who was ruffling his damp hair with a towel. He looked up at me and i could see a tint of pink creeping into his cheeks as he turned away.

 

"Pardon me, i need to go get changed." He moved out of my way and i ran to the toilet. I locked the door and swiftly changed into the chosen outfit. I was about to put on my bra but i couldnt find it anywhere.

 

"Urm, Kaera. You forgot something. Open the door, i'll pass it to you." He knocked and shouted. I slowly opened the door and prayed that the item he was going to pass me wasnt what i didnt bring into the toilet. I quickly grabbed my neon green sports bra and slammed the door shut. "Thank you!!" I thanked him and scurried to put on my clothes.

 

I took a deep breath before stepping out of the restroom and joined the rest in the bedroom. "...Unless we join the bunk bed and the queen sized bed together to make the lower bunk bigger so that Taehyung can squeeze in with us." The boys were trying to figure out how the beds should be arranged in order to fit all of us. We all pushed the bunk bed with the heavy Hoseok on it, towards the queen sized bed and connected both the beds.

 

"Good night guys!! Sweet dreams! Dont let the bed bugs bite!!" Taehyung wished us good night and ended off with a kissy sound then hid his entire body under the blanket.

 

We said our good nights and then we all went to sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

Heres chapter threeee Hope yall enjoyed :)