Chapter Two

Survival

Your POV

 

 

I slowly gained my consciousness. My eyes immediately looked at the row of flickering candles just at the nightstand beside me. I sat up and a pack of cold water plopped onto my lap.

 

I placed the the packet of water onto the empty space beside me while i slowly climbed out of bed. I balanced myself before i strolled to the door. I twisted the door knob and the door automatically flew open. I stumbled backwards and a few familiar faces became clearer as they came nearer.

 

"Are you okay?" The only boy that i couldnt recognise, spoke. Being cautious, i nodded my head. Not squeaking a single word. I shifted my gaze to Jimin and raised my eyebrow, hinting to him. "He is Jungkook, he though you were one of the bad guys so he knocked you out to protect himself." He slowly explained. I just nodded my head once again and looked at Jungkook who had his face parallel to the floor.

 

"So, are you younger than me by any chance?" I intrigued his senses and he looked up at me.

 

"Im 17. 1st September." He simply replied me. I couldnt tell if he was scared or just purely iritating but something tells me that this side of him is just a mask that he wears to hide his true self.

 

It is not genuine.

 

"Lets go to bed. It turned night time pretty long ago." Jimin rubbed his eyes and yawned.

 

"DIBS ON THE TOP BUNK." Hoseok, being the child he is, climbed onto the top bunk and settled there. "Im taking the lower bunk." Both Jungkook and i said in unison. We looked at each other until he gave in. "Aye you two cut it out. Good night everyone." Jimin blew out all the candle and slid himself under the comforter.

 

-

 

Shivers creeped down my spine as the temperature started to drop gradually. I curled up into a fetus position, thinking that it would help with blocking out the coldness. I eventually gave up and decided to do some crunches to get the blood flowing so as to warm myself up.

 

However, the bed started to creak. I didnt want to deprive the others from their sleep so i continued my fitness exercises on the floor.

 

"Hey, what are you doing?" Someone whispered to me. I immediately shot up and sat properly. "Oh erm i was exercising to make myself warm because it was getting a bit too chilly for my liking." I politely replied. Once again, this formal situation was getting too awkward for me. "Oh i see, can i join you? I cant sleep for some reason." He awkwardly rubbed his neck. Even though it was dark in the room, i could still see some of his facial features as the light from the moon penetrated through the glass windows and onto his face.

 

"Yea sure!!" I stood up touched my way to the nightstand. I grabbed a candle and the lighter that was situated beside it. I slowly made my way back to the spot i was at just now, making sure not to trip over anything. When i got back, Jungkook was already patiently sitting on the floor. He helped me light the candle and then placed it on the floor that was trapped in between us.

 

"Why dont we play a game? You'll do one push up then ill do two, you three, me four, so on and so forth. Loser gets a punishment!!" He cooed. "Challenge accepted!" I gladly accepted the challenge and got into position.

 

"One"

 

"One, two."

 

"One, two, three."

 

This continued on for around ten minutes until both of us started to pant really hard.

 

"...fifty-seven, fifty- oh my god i cant do this anymore, i give up." I slammed my body on the floor and continued gasping for air. He laughed and laid beside me, gasping for air too.

 

"You know..." he got up onto his feet and looked down at me. "I need to give you a punishment now." He continued. I looked at him and furrowed my eyebrows. "Please dont make it too difficult." I pleaded. He just gave me a rather evil look and chuckled. "Walk around the house..." I gave him confused look. "Thats it? Lol its so easy." I stood up, bringing the candle with me, ready to venture around the house. "Without any source of light." He beamed. I have to admit, i was pretty afraid.

 

"Its still easy." I put on my brave front and lightly put the candle on the floor, preventing any liquified wax from spilling out of the holder. I timidly turned the knob and pushed the door open. I took small uneasy steps and walked towards the door to the left. The occassional creaks that the floor would produce once in a while would frighten me a little.

 

There was a crib at the corner of the room. It was protected by a pretty pink mosquito net. Beside it was a chair that was rocking back and forth. "Its just the wind, dont hallucinate." I assured myself and carried on with my adventure.

 

The next door was a bit old. There were wooden flakes hanging from the edges of the door. I twisted the door knob and entered the second room. It had a really nice wallpaper design and there was a nice comfy sofa located at the right side of the room. Under it was a nice but dusty carpet. After exploring that room, i walked down the stairs and headed to the kitchen.

 

This isnt even a punishment.

 

I stepped into the kitchen and toured for a while. I was getting a little tired so i decided to cheat a bit and just go back up, saying im done with the "punishment." I was back at the creaky staircase, ready to go back into the room where everyone was at.

 

As i was climbing halfway, i heard footsteps behind me. I swiftly turned around to see who it was but it disappeared. I quickened my pace and was about to bust the door open when a pair of hands grabbed my shoulders. I let out a ear-piercing scream and my left leg instinctively catapulted backwards, kicking the person in the . He let out a groan and released me from his grip.

 

"Jungkook?" I ran into the room, lighted the candle and brought it ouside so that i could take a better look of the attacker. It sure was Jungkook alright. I settled the candle onto the floor and ran to the kitchen. I opened the fridge and grab some ice, put it in a plastic bag that i found in one of the cabinets and dashed back up to where Jungkook was lying at.

 

"Here you go, use it to ice your erm....that part." I stuck my hand out, waiting for him to collect the ice pack but he never did. He held onto his for his dear life, rolling on the floor like a baby who didnt get what he wanted. My arm eventually felt sore so i did him a favour and placed the packet of ice onto his private region for him. He groaned even more.

 

I sat there, observing his movements. "Kaera, c-can you help me to the bed? Im afraid i cant walk." He asked. I instantly stood up and took his hand, pulling him off the floor. I then threw his arm over my shoulder while i wrap my arm around his waist for extra support. We limped towards the bed and i decided to give in to him so i let him sleep on the lower bunk.

 

"Hey, isnt this your bed?"

 

"Nah, i think you'll need it more. I'll sleep beside Jimin." I tucked Jungkook under the comforter and casually walked to the other bed that was just beside. I hid under the covers and brought my legs towards my chest.

 

"Oh and im sorry for just now. I didnt mean to kick you. I was ju-"

 

"Nevermind, its okay. It was my fault for scaring you. Now, go sleep. Good night Kaera." He butted in while i tried to apologise.

 

"Good night Jungkook."

 

 

 

Hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as i enjoyed writing it !!! I might post my other fanfic soon and just a little heads up, its about werewolves vampires and wizards heheh