Chapter One

Survival

Your POV

A slight discomfort in my back and a foul stench awoken me from my slumber. I held my head as i slowly sat up. I looked around only to realise that i've been unconscious in an old dilapidated bedroom... It still had my wallpaper and all of my things just that I guess a new designer came across my room decided to add a few designs such as dirt and he also decided to smash a few things, good job.

I examined my body to see a few cuts and bruises on my arms and legs but it didnt really hurt as much as my back did. I stood up and the floor creaked a little. I dusted the dust off my body and started to wander in my room for just a short while before i set out to find my parents. As i was exploring, the wooden floors would creak once in a while.

I waddled to the window beside my bed and peered out to see if there was anything interesting but all i saw were places that were cordoned off or completely demolished. In fact, almost every where was destroyed. I sighed and sauntered to my closet, hoping that there was something cleaner and more fashionable that i could change into.

I turned the knob and opened the door of my wardrobe. The foul stench was back, but a lot more smellier. To my horror, i saw my pet dog, Tera, lying unconsciously at the corner of my closet on top of a puddle of semi-dried blood, surrounded by ants, maggots and all the other insect you can possibly think of. "How could anyone do this to you Tera...inhumane idiots." I hissed pretty loud. I almost puked at the sight. Nonetheless, there wasnt anything that i could do so i stared at my clothes and picked out something that caught my eye. I grabbed it and slammed the cupboard shut.

As soon as i did that, i immediately heard footsteps. I got louder as it slowly made its way towards my room. "Mama? Papa?" I called out, thinking it was my parents.

Wrong move.

I saw a guy with a taser and a gun in his hand dashing up the staircase. With fear embedded in me, i quickly slammed my room door shut and push my bed against the door for extra weight. I scanned the room for something with high durability that i could use to hit him in case he really breaks into my room. Meanwhile also looking for an escape route.

It seemed like there were only two ways of escaping. One is to jump out from the window, the other one was to just fight him. Both had their disadvantages. I might break a bone if i jump out of the gigantic window but then again, i might get tased or knocked out or maybe even if i fight him. But then again, i got black belt in Taekwondo. I was stuck between the devil and the sea. What made things even worse was the continuous knocking on the door. It made my head spin even more.

Ding

An idea struck me.

I ran to the window to make sure no one was there and then ran back to my closet and pulled out the extra mattress and pushed it out the window. I waited to hear the mattress come in contact with the hard floor. I peeked out one more time but i saw a man who seemed like a police officer petrolling the area. I hid behind the wall beside the window and waited. Unfortunately, the stupid police dude decided to station there. Just my luck. Soon enough, the guy who was continuously pounding on my door managed to create a hole in the door.

I panicked. I put my feet on the window ledge and hesistated for a while. The guy pulled the trigger and aimed the gun at me. "Come down from there and i wont shoot. If you jump, i will shoot." He demanded. Theres no way im gonna listen to him. So i jumped and landed perfectly on the mattress. However, he managed to shoot my right shoulder. My left hand instinctively gripped onto my right arm while I clenched my teeth and ran away from my house. I didnt even bother to look behind my shoulder. I just kept running and running, letting my feet bring me to where ever it carries me. Lucky for me, I was pretty young so I had quite a lot of stamina After a few minutes of sprinting, i was running low on energy. I eventually slowed down a little. I took a quick peek behind my shoulder and i was glad that i shook off the two guards.

I saw a small warehouse that seemed pretty decent at the end of the street and slowly jogged towards it. Another few minutes passed and my gunshot wound hurt even more. I pursed my lips and pushed the door open with my left hand. I saw a sofa beside the wall and plopped myself onto it, wanting to regenerate some energy. I panted and panted, still exhausted from the run I had earlier on. I closed my eyes and thought, "Why do they wanna kill me?". Little did i know, i was speaking my thoughts aloud.

It was like deja vu.

I heard footsteps rushing down the stairs at a really fast pace. I was so ready to dash out of the warehouse but i heard a rather soft gentle voice. "Anyone t-there?" he spoke. I got up and looked at the stairs, waiting for the owner of the voice to appear. He bent his waist and our eyes met. He smiled at me. He had nice eyes, brownish hair and a really pretty smile, a smile that makes his eyes disappear. "Your not here to capture us right?" He asked.

Just then, another voice was heard. "Jung Hoseok, what a stupid question to ask. If she was sent here to capture us, she would have done it silently. Obviously she is one of us." Another guy with brown hair made his way down the stairs and greeted me with a handshake followed by a smile. "Hi, your name is? Mines Jimin. Park Jimin." He started off by introducing himself. "Nice to meet you Jimin, my name is Kaera." I replied. "Hi Kaera! My name is Hoseok, Jung Hoseok" The other one stated. This was getting too formal. I dont like how formal it is.

"Erm guys, this is too formal. Do you think we can be a little informal to each other?" I questioned. "Well, Hoseok is 19 years old and i am 18 years old. His birthday is on the 18th of Feburary, and mines on 13th October. You?" Jimin listed. "Tsk, im turning 16 on the 23rd of September." I sighed. "Okay, we can be informal with each other. BUT! You have to call us oppa. If you dont then.... we'll figure something out for your punishment baby girl." Jimin said and winked at me.

Dat wink tho.

"Aish Jimin! Stop scar- Oh my gosh are you okay??" Hoseok looked at my shoulder and his face cringed up like an old man. I totally forgotten about the wound. I turned to look at my injury. There were streams of redish-black liquid dripping down my arm and the bullet was sticking out of my flesh. "Erm yea im fine, just need to take out the bullet, thats all." I awkwardly replied. On the other hand, Jimin had his arms crossed and his eyebrows were gonna meet. Within a few seconds, his eyes lit up and his speeded up the staircase.

In less then a minute, a first aid kit was in his embrace as he made his way towards me. He opened the box and took out a pair of tweezers. He then reached out into his pocket and retrieved a lighter. And as for Hoseok, he already made his way to the second floor, not planning on watching Jimin take out the bullet. Well, neither was i anticipating the removal of the bullet. "Theres no ing way im letting you take it out." I hissed. I gotta admit, i was scared and thus my vulgarities were surfacing.

"Watch your language young lady, and i dont give two s if your gonna let me remove it or not." He retorted and gave me a cheeky smirk. He grabbed the towel and shoved it into my mouth. After that, he shouted for Hoseok to come downstairs. "I dont wanna witness whatever you two are gonna do next. Its gonna be bloody and i probably wont be able to get enough sleep the next few days." He shouted back. "Nah, i already removed the bullet. I just need you to help me with something." Jimin lied. The truth is, Jimin was also too scared to remove the bullet so he wanted Hoseok to do it. I could hear Hoseok slowly making his way down. "So what do you need help with?" Hoseok questioned. "I need you to help me remove the bullet." Jimin straight-forwardly told him. Soon after, Hoseok's lips became pale and he was as white as a ghost. He was about to make a break for it when Jimin grabbed his pants. "Dont try to escape if you still want your pants to stay where it is now." Jimin whispered into Hoseok's ear.

Feeling defeated, Hoseok took over the tweezers and sat closer to me. "This is gonna hurt." He informed. "Well duh, your just stating the obvious." I retorted and he just let out an awkward laugh. I closed my eyes and soon enough, the pain was kicking in. I shut my eyes so tight that i could feel tears forming and i was grabbing onto Jimin's arm so tight that i was shaking so hard.

After what seemed like hours, the bullet was out from my shoulder. I tore a nice long strip of my tshirt and used it as a bandage for my injury. Lol this shirt is so useful, luckily i didnt change it. "Your pretty tough for a 16 year old eh?" Jimin praised me and i am not gonna lie, i did feel my stomach tingle after hearing that. Both of them helped to clean the blood stains and finally sat down to have a decent chat until someone came bursting through the front door. I hid behind Hoseok and slowly approached the staircase, wanting to go upstairs while Jimin was handling the situation downstairs.

"RUN RUN RUN!!" Jimin yelled at the topped of his lungs and before i could process anything, Hoseok yanked my hand and dragged me up the stairs. He hid behind the door and waited for Jimin to enter the room before closing the door. "We have to jump out of the window now." Hoseok ordered while pulling a chair towards the window. Its the second window im jumping out of today, i think i can be a professional burgler already tsk. Once again, the guard on the other side was hammering the door, causing it to shake vigorously. "Ladies first." Jimin beamed at me. "What a gentleman psh." I spat and jumped out of the window.

Shortly after, Jimin jumped and then followed by Hoseok. We hobbled down the street and came across more shabby houses. "Hey, lets go to that one! It looks better then the last one!!" Jimin shouted and ran towards it.

The doors creaked open and dust was everywhere. We started coughing whilst entering the house. It had quite a nice kitchen and a really big living room. However, there was a thick layer of dust coating the furniture, making the room seem dull. "Oh my god guys, look!! Theres food here!! WE ARE NOT GOING TO DIE OF HUNGER!" Hoseok cheered while both Jimin and I ignored him.

I made my way up the spiral stairs and right at the end of the hallway was a room with a green door. And since my favourite colour is green, i instinctively walked towards it. I placed my hand on the door knob and twisted the nub, pushing the door open. I took a step into the brightly coloured room. There was a bunk bed and another queen sized beside it.

I waddled to the comfy bed and was gonna jump on it until i felt a hand grip onto my ankle really tightly and forcefully pulled my foot, causing me to lose my balance and eventually, my head came in contact with the cold hard wooden floor. I was still clear of my surroundings and i wasnt really hurt. I slowly sat up and rubbed the back of my head, trying to make the pain disappear. My sight was perfectly fine and so i saw a male figure standing right infront of me and in his grip was a baseball bat. "Who are yo-" i was about to question him but then he used the bat to hit my head.

I could feel the world spinning and my vision blurred even though i was sitting down. As seconds passed, the dizzy spell got even worse and things got even blurrier. "Kaera!!" I heard someone shout my name before i was engulfed into the depths of darkness...

 

 

 

Thats the first chapter so i hope yall enjoyed it!! Please do give feedback and support :) This is my first ever proper fanfic so yea im like kinda nervous whoops. DISCLAIMER: i might not update actively but i definitely will not neglect this fanfic. I have a few other books that im currently writing now so stay tuned!! Most of my fanfics would be based on fantasy so if you dont like fantasty then im sorry lol. And also, my english isnt really good so pardon my grammar and spelling mistakes. Have a nice day :)

This story is available on wattpad too!

wattpad username: kulohee