▁▁▁▁▁▁▁Undead.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

For a moment, she stares at the reflection in the glass. A stranger is staring back at her. A stranger... wearing her face. She looks away. Her hand reaches for the cabinet door. It opens. Why did she let that woman inside? Why? Her fingers hover over his blue mug, wanting to touch it. In fear, she hesitates. Why did that woman come? Why is she here? Her hand reaches further in, pass his mug, pass her mug, to the one that is owner-less.

Everything will be fine. Just give her some tea and send her off. Everything will be fine. Despite chanting it in her head, she can already see the future unfolding before her eyes. Everything will not be fine, but... She pulls herself together and pours the hot tea.

"Here. This will warm you." She hands the woman the half filled mug.

The woman accepts it without a word of thanks. She has not come here for small talk. She has not come here to be courteous. She has come here to confront her demons. With a deep inhale, she begins. "There's been strange things happening around town. It's your doing, isn't it... you think you won't get caught? I know it's you." Because... who else could it be?

"I'm sorry. Are there strange things happening outside?" The outside that used to be his.

"Yes! Yes! Su, Dar, and Jess! They're dead! Don't pretend like you don't know! You killed them, didn't you? Who else could it possibly be? Who else has a motive? You found out about it, didn't you? You somehow found out that we—"

"Stop. Don't say another word." She can feel something unsettling bubbling in the pit of her stomach... wanting to erupt... wanting to boil over. Her hand grabs a hold of the counter for support. Breathing has suddenly become a difficult feat to maintain. "Don't say it... don't you dare say it. I don't want to hear it from you. I want to hear it from him." So it comes down to this. She has been waiting for him... all this time... still. Still.

"What the are you going on about? Him? Don't tell me you're... you think he's still coming back? He's dead. Your precious Jaejoong is dead!"

Dead. He is dead. She has heard it spoken so many times. Everyone tells her he is dead. Over and over. But... just because everyone around her says so, does it make it true? Just because everyone accepts it, must she accept it, too?

"You're still waiting for him? God, this is just... I almost feel sorry for you."

Of course... of course, she must continue to wait. There is still unfinished business between them. "I need to hear it from him." The truth.

"Even if he was still alive... you think he'd tell you anything? He was the one who covered for us. He—" The presence of a paring knife pressed against her neck interrupts her.

"Say it and I'll slit your throat." If she allows it to be spoken now, all the wait will be a waste. There is nothing more to lose.

"So... so it was you... you killed them... you crazy ..."

"No, you're quite mistaken. It wasn't Lingling..."