Chapter 4: Alpha Team

Descendent of the Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Indifference was the card the Korean soldiers of the Special Forces Academy were playing on Moon Grace. She learned with days that her uniqueness was something to be proud off, and accepting their attitudes will only be disadvantageous for her. Her training in basics was to entitle her with some protocol structure on how things worked around the base, she gladly welcomed every instruction and class. To strength herself both physically and mentally, she acknowledge the reality that slowly was being portrayed unconsciously towards her: the unjust classification of her skills.

She was assigned to train basics with the newly entered soldiers, two weeks passed until she was moved up to train with the Alpha Team. During those days, there were other soldiers who were being tested to enter one of the elite Special Forces Team’s the nation had.

 

It seemed like a mudy bath. Their training was pure torture; there was almost no time for her proper introduction so the day proceed as planned. On her way back to her barracks, she heard some of her fellow soldier mates complaining and discussing.

-What is she doing here anyway? She’s delaying everything-

-This is not special forces training, this is making up for her lacking in abilities-

-If it was for me, she wouldn’t go in the Alpha Team-

-What is a little girl doing here anyway?-

-Who allow her to enter this base?-

-I heard the Blue House directly-

-She must have bought her rank, no other way she is Captain-

Moon left the place repeating over and over again “I’m worthy”. It was an intense battle to prove everywhere she went that she was worthy of her rank, unfortunately, everywhere she went criticism and speculation followed. Luckily, she was aware that the moment she allowed those comments to affect her, they will gain power over her. It wasn’t an option, she thought, to disappoint even those who don’t seem to believe in her.

Later on that day, almost at dawn, Captain Shi Jin and Major Dae Young came back from a special permission. There was tension in the air, they could feel it just fine.

-What is going on? What is with the tension? Did something happened while we were gone?-

-No Sir-, unfortunately, Moon arrived late because she wasn’t informed of their arrival. The soldier in charge of doing so looked badly upon her as a reminder of his own mistake.

-What is this?-

-I am sorry Sir, will never happen again- answer Moon back after getting in her position.

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter