Chapter 2

DOUBLE TROUBLE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"This is our other friend, Yoona."

"Hello, nice to meet you."

"And same to you," Sunny smiled a little nervously, ducking her head in a shallow bow as she introduced herself to yet another of Tiffany's friends.

Not that she minded meeting the people who were important to her special person. If anything, it was well worth the discomfort just to see Tiffany's beaming smile like that.

It's just that…. Right now, Sunny wanted Tiffany all to herself. She'd spent the majority of the party hiding from Tiffany because she feared the girl was going to force her to stand inside with the crowd of people, meeting and greeting.

And when a large group of drunken, deliciously-warm hot-blooded adolescents gathered helplessly in one place like that… Well, for her sanity, Sunny liked to stay away.

It was ridiculous really, since as soon as she voiced her concerns to Tiffany out on the balcony her girlfriend had immediately understood.

It was a positive trait of Tiffany's, the way she could understand Sunny's insecurities perfectly with just the minimal explanation given.

Truly, she was blessed to have someone like Tiffany love her.

And right now, Tiffany was gazing up at her with a barely-stifled giggle.

"… Eh? Oh, sorry, I spaced out… did you ask something, Yoona-shi?"

The girl in the maid outfit laughed demurely at Sunny's embarrassment.

"I was just asking where you and Tiffany unnie met. She hasn't stopped talking about you for months, Sunny shi."

"Yeah, it's annoying. You're occupying her mind 24/7" Yuri added with a wink and a smirk at Tiffany’s mortified blush.

"Ehh Yul, I don't talk about her THAT much…."

"Like hell you don't, you love struck puppy!"

"Y-U-R-I!"

Sunny used their harmless banter as a moment to gather her thoughts before answering Yoona’s question. Just how had she met Tiffany again, exactly? It was quite a while ago now…

~Flashback~

** Tiffany grimaced as she checked the time on her phone.

I can't believe I missed the last bus…! Having to walk home from cram school alone, at NIGHT, really is creepy…

Making her way down a lone, empty street the girl exhaled shakily and raised her arms to wrap around herself, the thin school blazer not providing much resistance against the chilly air.

Suddenly, it was as though the hairs on the back of her neck pricked up and some kind of inexplicable sense was telling her that she was being followed.

Swallowing nervously, Tiffany stopped walking and listened for any footsteps behind her. Hearing none, the thoroughly perturbed girl threw a cautious glance over her shoulder just to be safe.

Satisfied that the dark road behind her truly was empty, Tiffanyreleased a small sigh of relief and turned forward again.

… Only to be met face to face with a girl standing directly in front of her. She let out a startled yelp and scuttled backwards a few steps, dropping her books in the process.

"W-where did you come from? I didn't even hear you approaching!"

The girl in front of her merely watched her for a few moments, and then gave a concerned look.

"Isn't it a little unsafe for a young woman such as you to be walking around alone in the night?"

Blinking, Tiffany stuttered for a second before getting her words sorted and replying with a half-hearted jab.

"Heh, speak for yourself. You only look around my age."

This made the other girl smile, wisps of her blonde fringe blowing past her face, as well as the long ends of her black drape coat picking up in the wind.

"My age…. You have no idea…"

Before Tiffany had time to react, the blonde had dropped to her knees and began retrieving her fallen schoolbooks, one by one.

A bit taken aback, Tiffany smiled gratefully when the girl stood once again and handed the items back to their owner.

"I….. uh, thank you very much!"

The rather quiet girl just smiled a tiny smile, and then looked as if she was trying to decide something.

Standing there, Tiffany awkwardly fidgeted with the hem of her skirt. There was just something about the girl that put her on edge, exhilarated her. The eyes, maybe? They were an interesting colour, not quite as bright as crimson but definitely an intoxicating shade of red.

Eventually the girl spoke again.

"Where are you going?"

"Eh? Oh uh, home. I missed my bus."

"Is it a long walk?"

"Uhh…." Tiffany hesitated, wondering just how safe it was to leak the address of your place of residence to a complete stranger.

But then, there was something in her gut telling her to trust the girl…

"Yeah, I actually live quite a few blocks away. Totally my fault though, I got caught up talking to friends and missed my bus, hehe."

Grinning sheepishly, she watched as the blonde appeared to be inwardly hesitating about something before finally gazing back at her.

"I'll walk you home, then. It's not safe to be out alone… No matter what they tell you in school about the darkness being just as harmless as the day, it's not true. I'll walk you back."

Tiffany blinked, about to politely decline the offer when the sound of sliding fabric caught her ears. The girl slipped her long coat from her shoulders, leaving her in just a tight, black long-sleeved top and her dark-coloured thin scarf.

"Here, you're shivering."

A bit too stunned to do anything but stand there as the girl slipped the long jacket over her shoulders, Tiffany turned to look into piercing irises.

"T-thank you…. Um…"

"Sunny. Lee Sunny."

"… Sunny." **

~End of Flashback~

"… And I believe that was the first time I met Tiffany."

Tiffany grinned, pressing herself closer to Sunny's side.

"And as you can guess, I purposely missed many more buses after that just as an excuse to meet up with her. I really grew to treasure those walks home from cram school…" she smiled coyly up at her b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter