Chapter 1

DOUBLE TROUBLE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Being a naturally quiet and shy person, Sunny knew that attending a huge Halloween party was going to be a bad idea.

But still, her girlfriend had insisted. And if there was one thing in the world Sunny couldn't resist, it was a pleading Tiffany. Really, the blonde could've almost sworn that girl took lessons in emotional manipulation.

Or rather, Sunny was just that smitten with her.

The night was in its prime as she walked down the fluorescent-lit street, so naturally there were children running around in their Halloween costumes – their shrieks and chatter and the occasional cries of "Trick or Treat!" filling the air around her.

Luckily, the temperature was beginning to drop rapidly this night and the blonde idly thought that it wouldn't be long before most of the trick or treaters gave up and went home with the spoils earned thus far.

Sunny herself barely felt the cold, considering the outfit she was wearing.

A long black coat – almost a cloak, one could consider – swirled around the backs of her knees with each step, black calf and thigh-hugging pants and a long-sleeved lacy black top completing the gothic- Lolita look.

Sunny glanced down at the piece of paper in her hand with Tiffany’s scrawled directions on it.

Comparing the house number of the note to the mailbox she was standing in front of, Sunny was a little taken aback at the sheer size of Jessica Jung’s house. It was practically a mini-mansion!

As she approached the front door, boots crunching on the gravel driveway, Sunny tried to steel herself in preparation for all the meeting and greeting she was sure Tiffany would try and force her to engage in once she got inside.

She had met Jessica twice, both times being when she had accompanied Tiffany home on the bus from her nightly cram school classes. Other than that, the fact that she didn't attend the same school as Tiffany meant that she didn't get to meet any of her friends.

And this is about to change tonight, she thought with a weary inward sigh. She reached up and pressed the front door buzzer. The nerves began settling in here, so she swallowed deeply and began her inner mantra.

Try to be friendly, Sunkyu. These are Tiffany’s friends, everyone is dressed up here to have a good time, try not to be so withdrawn.

A few seconds later, a cheery brunette in a witches costume popped her head out the door.

"Ah, Sunny, welcome!" Jessica greeted as she opened the door to her home.

"Trick or treat!" Sunny smiled as she adjusted her coat. Jessica Jung’s smile was almost infectious, she had to admit.

"Wow, that's looking pretty good," Jessica couldn't help but notice the outfit. "You look like a real vampire in that!"

"I am one, you know." Sunny grinned and pointed to her fangs. She lifted her hands up and arched her fingers into pseudo-claws, pretending to look menacing.

"Would you like me to bite your neck?" she jokingly her lips. Jessica sighed laughingly and stepped aside, gesturing for her to enter.

"Oh, quite playing around. Come on in, Tiffany and the others are already here."

She led the way towards the massive kitchen, where huge packs of people were already gathered.

"Guys, here our lucky last person!"

A large amount of the partygoers erupted into cheers, and others called out various greetings to the shy blonde. It put her on edge a little, since she knew nobody in this room except Jessica and here was everybody greeting her like a long lost friend. However, it was a young woman in cat woman costume who practically threw herself at Fate when she entered the room.

"Sunny! you're late!"

The girl in the vampire outfit had to do a double take at her girlfriend's risqué costume for the evening.

"T… Tiffany...?"

Her wine-coloured eyes were drawn to the auburn-haired girl sashaying towards her, faux fur skirt hugging her slim hips and leaving a mere few inches of creamy skin uncovered above her thigh-high socks.

Sunny's eyes travelled over Tiffany's exposed midriff and up to the tank top trimmed with more faux fur, the girl sporting a pair of fuzzy kitty ears to complete the outfit.

The bell on her collar tinkled merrily as the other girl came to a halt in front of Fate, placing her hands on her hips and snapping the blonde out of her temporary daze.

"Where were you? I've been waiting for you most of the night."

Sunny ducked her head and smiled apologetically.

"Sorry Miyoung," she began, before smiling cheekily,

"I was busy drinking the blood of trick or treaters. Did you know that different blood types have different tastes?"

Tiffany opened to respond, but was cut off as Jessica called out from the far side of the room.

"Okay, since everyone is here, let's begin the party!"

"Cheers!" everyone exclaimed simultaneously, Sunny using the chance to distract Tiffany from her previous question by ducking forward and sweeping her into a quick hug, kissing her on the cheek before moving off into the crowd.

The gigantic speakers were switched on and the lights dimmed, leaving the entire building almost shaking to its foundations as the hypnotic bass pounded through the room.

Tiffany stood spellbound for a moment before blinking and then pouting.

"Geez, I wanted to talk to her and she ditched me! Baby!"

A few hours passed into the night with Tiffany unable to find Sunny again. Instead, she settled for amusing herself by chatting with other party guests.

"So Tiffany, what made you decide to dress up as a cat then? It's very nice, if I may say so."

The normally-uptight young man, whose tongue was loosened by now due to the more-than-slightly alcoholic punch, flashed her friendly smile and a wink as she laughed and rubbed the back of her neck.

"Aww, thanks Taecyeon. I actually was a little self-conscious about wearing such a revealing outfit, but I wanted to impress someone special, so…"

She trailed off with a silly embarrassed grin, causing Taecyeon to laugh and almost lose one of the tentacles he was wearing on his head as a space alien.

"Lemme guess…. For Nickhun?"

Tiffany blinked, before tossing a glance over her shoulder at her childhood friend who stood talking to Yuri and Jessica. His short blond hair was stained with patches of red dye to imitate blood splatter, in lieu with his zombie costume.

Turning back to Taecyeon, Tiffany waved her hand frantically as she dismissed his idea.

"No no no, Nickhun is special to me, but only as one of my best friends. He's not the person I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter