Flashback: page 2

The Universe Conspired
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shen Lu walked into the restaurant. The station just called her that they received a tip that some korean artist will be at the restaurant and some engagement will happen. Someone tipped that flowers and cake was requested. She sat by the bar and observed the whole restaurant. She has not spotted any Korean celebrities yet.

"Damn! Why did I accept this? I don't know all korean artist." she murmured. Just then. "Park Shin Hye?" She knew Park Shin Hye from reading about CNBLUE. She became interested and read a lot about them after their meeting at the station. "Crap! Crap! What is Yong Hwa thinking that he's suppose to release album soon.' She knew it because she's meeting him at the same restaurant with JJ Lin in few minutes. Park Shin Hye was looking around trying to find her date maybe. 'God! celebrities don't even know how to be discreet. "Shin Hye!" she called out and hugged her. "Listen. There was a tip that some Korean will be here and an engagement or something. Pretend we know each other. My God! Can you and Yong Hwa make it low. You've done it for years." She released her and Shin Hye was obviously in shock. "Let's get seated and better send a message to your boyfriend not to come. I'm telling you before my camera crew arrives."

The two seated near the window.

Shen Lu called someone. "Are you with the korean artist?" she spoke in mandarin. She dropped the name afraid that people around might hear her.

"Uh yeah. We just picked him up in his hotel. We're on our way to the restaurant. Tell  me you're coming."

"I am already here. Turn around. Go to my office at the hotel. I'll call someone to get you into a suite. I'll explain everything later. I'll be a little bit late. Something came up." she explained.

"Alright. You better have a good explanation." He hang up.

She faced Shin Hye. "Did you sent him a message?"

Shin Hye nodded. She has no idea what is going on.

"I'll explain later. For now you have to go with the flow. My camera team will be here. All you have to do is smile." True, camera crew arrived. Shen Lu walked to meet them. The PD was there as well. "Are you kidding me? Where did you get that tip? True, there's a korean artist in the house. I haven't seen any other. And that korean artist? I am meeting her."

"Can we meet her?" the PD asked.

"No. It's a personal meeting. I just agreed coz I thought it's something big. I swear I am going to sue this restaurant for breach of privacy,"

"Alright. We'll leave you then. But if the scoop will be out in other network, you know what it means to us." the PD said.

"I'll be here for a while. I'll watch if someone steps in." Shen Lu assured the team as they walked away and she returned to the seat with Park Shin Hye. "This all off record. Why are you here? Is it true that you're meeting someone?"

Park Shin Shin Hye gauged her. The fact that she blocked the press means she's something. "Who are you?"

"Tan Shen Lu. I work at Singapore TV network. Those were my crew. Is it true?"

"What's my guarantee that this won't leak out. Media is always media," Shin Hye was being careful.

"Why don't we leave this place. Let's go to my office. Don't worry not at the station," Shen Lu got up and Shin Hye followed.

"What's your suite number?" Shen Lu called someone as soon as the stepped in the hotel.

"1502. Are you here? I am curious what's going on."

"Be there in a minute." Shen Lu hang up as she pressed the floor level.

"Look. I left my manager at the hotel. He might be worried.."

Shen Lu cut her. "Call him. Tell him you're ok. I'll send you there after the meeting."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter