jiyong: doting bro

The Universe Conspired
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Iseul's POV

Man! That was excruciating 4 days  straight on duty. My schedule was changed to 4 days straight and 2 days off. No matter I wanted to complain, it's the profession chose. It's something I set my heart into when my dad passed away. Dad was diagnosed with acute illness that affected his kidney. Not even a month passed from his admitance at the hospital.He passed away. The hospital apologised that they cannot treat my father. From then on, I read about the diagnosis and vowed that I will study about the illness and treat people with the same illness. I worked hard and impressed the director of the hospital where I did my residency. I passed the gruesome interviews and managed to snag the position as a consultant at the same time a surgeon.

 I am lucky to even have day off on week ends. And that's today. Rare to happen. I  trespass on someone's house. Well, not actually. We've been friends for long. It's just that few knows we're close. He's a celebrity and I am an ordinary person. I somehow knows everything about him. His girlfriends and secrets. I know his house key pass which I doubt his girlfriends  knows.

I decided to crash to his apartment coz I know he's at work and no one will bother me there. His apartment is facing the Han river. Everytime I go there, I can feel the calmness and serenity. Unless he bring home a girlfriend which I doubt. I freely made myself a coffee. I love it in his apartment. He has everything. He's not a coffee drinker but he always made it sure that he has everything. The coffee is for me. Because last time I was at his apartment I can't find coffee and I screamed at him. We didn't spoke for nearly 2 weeks just because of that matter. You can say I am reasonable but yeah that's me.

"Let's see.." I opened his fridge.  "Aish! Seriously? When was the last time he was home?" His fridge was empty. Like nothing except for water and energy drinks. "Yo!" I called him.

"Oh.... Kim Iseul. It's been a while. How are you?" he answered.
"Great. Great! Having one of the rare day of my life."

"Oh.... You're off work? Ya! Where are you? Perfect timing! Let's hang out today. Hey, I'll introduce you to some of  my friends."

"Where are you?" I asked back.

"Studio. Working. You?"

"Hmmmm..... Enjoying my coffee and the Han River view."

"Ya! Kim Iseul! Are you in my apartment?" he suddenly was screaming.

"You haven't changed the pass. I am turning your apartment upside down until I find an evidence that you're dating. Ya! Kwon Jiyong, you fridge is empty. You better bring food when you come home. I'm ordering chinese for lunch."

Ya!Kim Iseul! That's my apartment!"

"Uh... just to remind you, this is under my name. In any cases, you don't have rights in this apartment. Should I throw out your stuffs" I love to make fun of him. 

 

I leisurely sat by the terrace overlooking the Han river as I browse for Chinese delivery restaurant.

"Kim Iseul!"

I nearly fell off my chair. It hasn't been 30 minutes since I called him and here he is in his apartment.

"Ya!Kim Iseul!... Don't you have other things to do than crashing to my place. You haven't shown your face for a while and now... ah.."

I cut him. "What are you  ing at? It's not like I am your girlfriend that you have to check into every second. That's why your girlfriends never stayed no longer than 3 months." I made a face at him.

"You don't have to scream that at my face." His face dropped.

"Ain't that true? I'm hungry. When was the last time you came home? There's nothing in your fridge."

"We're busy. You know better. Why are you here by the way? The last time you came was when your grandfather dropped...." Jiyong paused. He knew that Iseul never liked talking about her family unless she opens up. He changed topic. "Hey, did you see the recent article about me?"

"Oh God! Here we go again with his narcissism." I sighed. "Can you get it in your head that not all women out there loves you. I don't wan't to be your consulting physician when you break down." I rolled my eyes dramatically.

"Well, at least I know that there are 1 million girls and women who loves me." He started bragging.

"Alright.alright. but there's no one who.loves. you.as. I. do." I made a face..

"Dami noona does."

"Unnie will beat you while I make you smoothies." I retaliated.

"Whatever. So what brings you here?"

"Resting."

He laughed. "Are you fired?"

I laughed out loud. "Fired. How could you even think about that? My shift got changed. I have to do 4 days 24 hours duty and 2 days off."

"24 hours? That is brutal." Jiyong exclaimed. "

"It is. but what can I do? I chose to dedicate my life to save lives and the old man's asking me to go home." I rolled on the floor.

"Ya Kim Iseul! Be like a grown up lady. You're not a girl who can roll on the floor when you're frustrated or so." He was scolding me. Again.

I was facing down and my face was plastered on the floor.

"God! I wish for the day that you'd be banging my door because you're broken hearted." he said in frustration.

"Ain't happening." I mumbled.  My face still kissing the floor.

"Why don't you just make your grandfather happy?" he suggested.

"I don't know anything about running a company. And you know that my relatives are running after the position and everything. I don't want to compete with them."

"Who told you to run the company. Your grandfather is just asking you to go home."

"Eventually, they will force me to take over and I cannot do it. I am a doctor I know nothing about corporate. "

"Whatever. What do you want for lunch? I'm starving." Jiyong got up.

"I am probably going out to eat." I rolled facing the ceiling.

"I just don't understand you. You should start dating so there's someone who will make you busy."

"Looks who is talking. You find yourself a girlfriend who will keep up with you and who can stay with that temper  before you start preaching to me." I glared  back at him. "And FYI, I am super busy."

"I should get one of my friends to date you." He joked.

"No thank you. I can find my own man and besides I don't like your friends. You are all the same."

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter