The Beach.

Mistaken Happiness
<!--Chapter begin-->

"You're going to the beach?" Hye Sun asked surprised, "With whom?"
"Well… with Jae Joong, Kim—" So Eun tried to continue, but Hye Sun interrupted.
"Jae Joong? You don't mean that boy who left you years ago right?"
"Hye Sun… Well…"
"It is him isn't it? You can't go." Hye Sun said as she turned her head towards the window. Their mother had gone on a mini trip with some of her friends, and was gone for the week. Hye Sun was responsible of everything happening in the house.
"It's been a long time since that happened, and suppose, I already forgave him."
"You forgave him?" Hye Sun said in disbelief. "He left you ye, you shouldn't have forgave him so easily!"
"Do you remember what you taught me? You taught me to forget the people who hurt me, and forget all the pain people have caused me." So Eun said as tears filled her eyes. "I couldn't forget Jae Joong, so all I could do was forgetting the pain he caused me. Why can't be friends anymore? It's not like I'm going back together with him!" So Eun said as her tears streamed down her face.
"Jae Joong's different." Hye Sun said as she looked back at So Eun.
"How is he different? He's just a person who hurt me years ago, that I want to be friends with now! Why can't I?" She couldn't help but slap Hye Sun, she just didn't understand.
"So Eun…"
"I'm leaving." So Eun said as she got up from the sofa, grabbed her recreational bag, and ran out of the house. Kim Bum was waiting patiently in his car, in front of her house.
"What's wrong?" He asked as she got in his car. She placed the recreational bag in the back seat and replied:
"Just start the car." Kim Bum obeyed, and turned the keys of the car to start it, and not before long, they were moving.
"Seriously, what's wrong?"
"My sister, she didn't really like the fact that…"
"That…?"
"That I forgave Jae Joong." So Eun looked down at her hands, which slapped her sister's flawless face. She started to cry again, but silent this time. She didn't want Kim Bum to know.

Jae Joong and the others were already at the beach by the time Kim Bum and So Eun arrived. She had stopped crying, though her eyes were still red and swollen.
"So Eun? Are you alright?" Jae Joong asked worriedly as they got close.
"I'm fine." She replied, without looking up. Kim Bum had gone over to some other people, and was hugging them as a greeting.
"Do you want something to eat or drink?" Jae Joong asked. So Eun shook her head.
"No, I just want to swim right now." Jae Joong nodded, and led her to the changing room to change into her swimsuit.
"Let's go!" Jae Joong said when she came out changed. He got hold of her wrist, and pulled her towards the water. So Eun gradually gained her smiled back, and laughed and splashed in the water with Jae Joong, Kim Bum joining in later. They ended the day with a barbeque.
"Wow! There's so much food!" So Eun said excitedly as she reached the food at the table.
"You've never changed, still that obsessed about food." Jae Joong said as he let out a laugh.
"Hey!" So Eun shouted as she started to eat. "I'm not that obsessed with food."
"Really?" Jae Joong said in disbelief.
"Uhmm." So Eun said, filled with food. Kim Bum let out a laugh.
"Why don't you guys just start eating?" Kim Bum suggested with a smile. They all agreed and ate.

"Kim Bum, you know why I told you my sister didn't like the fact that I forgave Jae Joong?" So Eun asked Kim Bum. They were sitting on the golden sand of the beach alone. The others had all gone back into the inn nearby, they were staying at tonight.
"Why?" Kim Bum asked curiously. The sun was setting, and both their eyes were fixed on the big orange-reddish yolk.
"I really don't know why, but you're different. You're so easy to talk to. I mean I haven't really met you for that long of a time, yet it seems like I've met you for a long, long time. It's almost as if we knew each other since birth."
"Well… where were you born?"
"Seoul." So Eun laughed.
"I meant which hospital?" He asked, and laughed with her.
"I think… the hospital near the east side of the city."
"Serious?" She nodded. Kim Bum laughed, I guess its fate. We were born in the same hospital, or it might be fate." So Eun laughed.
"Well, it is fate that I've met you now, meeting Jae Joong again, forgave him. Maybe it's all just fate."
"Probably is." Kim Bum agreed.
"Fate…" So Eun mumbled, "It's a really interesting thing. It brings people together, and other's apart." She said as she looked at the Sun setting, it was almost all gone now, though you could still see a little bit of it.
"It is… If it wasn't for it, maybe I wouldn't have lost her."
"Her?" she asked curiously.
"She died. The girl I thought I loved the most, died. Is that called fate? Was it fate that she would die on an airplane accident, and never come back."
"Sorry for bring up something so sad."
"It's okay; I would've had to deal with it one day." After the sun had finally fully set, they returned to the Inn.

"Hello?" So Eun asked as she answered her phone. "Hyun Joong?"
"Yeah, it's me." He said, his voice sounded sad, and So Eun was curious why.
"What's wrong?"
"It's nothing much, I just wanted to call you to hear your voice."
"My voice, you mean my horrible singing voice?" She asked in disbelief. Hyun Joong let out a quiet laugh.
"Alright, I think that's all. That's all I wanted to do, goodnight." He said as he hung up. He knew he didn't only want to hear her voice, but to say sorry also. They were planning on using her to save the company, Him and Hye Sun. Hye Sun said she would understand, but Hyun Joong didn't know if that was true of not. So Eun had always been like a little sister to him, and maybe later his sister-in-law. He loved her, like a sister, a very best friend, and he knew he was going to betray her.
"Hyun Joong!" His father called, "Come help me with the t.v. It's not working!" He shouted.
"I'm coming." He said. He took one last look at his phone, and stuffed it back into his pocket, and walked to the living room to help his father.