// Forgotten

Scattered Apart

Whiteness. Everything was so white. Feeling all of her body laying down on a hard surface and the light blending her, it made the girl confused. Slowly she was able to sit up, with all of her back hurting after possibly laying down on the hard surface that she would later discover to be the floor for who knows how long. She was sitting up, squinting. She blinked. And blinked again. And rubbed her eyes, before blinking once more. 

Her head hurt, even more than her back. Did she hit is somewhere? Still blinded by all the light and whiteness, the girl lifted her hand to her head, rubbing it carefully, trying to discover the source of the pain. She wasn't able to locate a spot that hurt, because her whole head was banging.


After much more eye squinting and rubbing her eyes she was able to start making out where she was. Or, she had no idea what this place was, but she was in a room. A pretty small room. White walls, a white chair and a white table. The walls had nothing but a painting of the sky on it, with white frames. The only color in the room, as the girl soon discovered that her clothes were white also. She had no idea how she got here, or why she was here. Her eyes kept looking around the room, searching for an answer, a solution to all of this, how she could get away. Then she saw it. The door. If you walk through a door, you leave one place and enter another.
The girl tried to get up. It was too quickly, her body almost screamed at her in paint and her head filled up with dizziness, making her fall right to the ground again. A breathe was exhaled with frustration, before she look up at the door again.

"Baby steps, baby steps...» she whispered for herself quietly, and it was only now that she discovered just how dry was. Her voice came out raspy and it hurt to talk. She tried to swallow to make it go away, but there was no salvia in to do that.
A small cough escaped her, before she fixed her eyes on the door. If she had a goal, it would be easier. She kept telling herself that repeatedly in her head, "goals will make it easier; goals will make it easier...», while carefully sitting up once again and standing up slower this time. 
She got extremely dizzy, but quickly put her hand on the wall, for support. The world was spinning, but she had her eyes fixed on the door, her goals for now, until it had calmed down. She needed to leave this place. It was small and too bright and she needed to leave. She needed to. But, why..? She tried hard to think about why she needed to leave, but she couldn't remember it. However, this strong need to get away from here overtook her, so she kept pushing herself, kept looking at the door. Maybe I'll remember as soon as I leave. As soon as I'm out that door, I'll remember why I need to leave. 
Small steps with support from the wall, she makes her way over to the door. It takes a while, the pain screaming at her and her dizziness fighting to take over, but she makes it there eventually.
She reached her goal. Looking at the door is disbelief for a second, wondering if it playing a trick on her, speculations ran through her head faster than ever. "Maybe it's on the different side of the room and are just pretending to be here, so it'll watch my pathetic attempts at capturing it." It took her a moment before she realized. "Don't be stupid, it's just a door, open it already!"
When her dizziness had faded so that she could stand on her own and only the pain was left, the girl slowly reached for the white handle on the white door and pulled down. She tried pulling it outwards. It was locked. Then she tried pulling it towards her, in desperation, but the door still wouldn't open. Pulling back and forth in frustration, but the door wouldn't open no matter what she did.
"Ya! Stupid door!" She tried to yell at the door, but it came more out like a raspy whisper, hurting . Kicking the door a couple of times and leave small marks in it, before pulling more. She needed to go through; she had to! She just had to, right now! 

Why did she have to go through?


.....

 

She couldn't remember why. The girl stopped in her actions of trying to open to door, and her hands let go of the handle slowly. She couldn't remember anything. Yes, she remembered the language she was thinking in right now and she could remember other things, but she couldn't remember anything about herself. About her personal life. She didn't even remember her own name. Made her way over to the white chair in the middle of the room, she sat down. She had go gather her thoughts. Were there not a single thing in her mind about herself? Not even her name?
The girl started looking around herself more carefully now than before. Ten minutes ago, her only goal was to get out of this white, suffocating room. However, she never stopped herself and asked herself where she was. Because that was a mystery, where was she? She had never been in this room ever before, not that she remembered at least. It was so white and bright, the lamps in the ceiling shooting out light. Who locked her in here? Had someone hit her in her head causing her to lose her memory and then locked her in this room? It just seemed too weird for the girl. 

The eyes kept looking around the room and she suddenly noticed that the very small, white table in the corner of the room had a glass of water on it. "Wait, that wasn't there before, was it? Or maybe I didn't see it because I was freaking out about getting out if here." She thought to herself, but didn't need much more time to think, before she got up. was killing her and she needed water. When walking over to the glass, she noticed the shooting pain going through her leg for each step she took. It reminded her of the time she broke her leg, she had had tried to walk on it.... Wait, had she broken her leg once?  She had, hadn’t she? The memory came flooding back at here, not many details, but she remember herself slipping on ice, in a hospital bed, with crutches. 

There is something else that stands out in those memories. 
There is a girl there.
Not just casually there, but she is there with her. "Why can I remember this girl?" This doesn't make sense to the girl. She couldn't remember her own name, but she could remember breaking her leg and some girl being there? There was no face of the girl in the memory, only a silhouette, but it was a girl. Could it be her mom? Alternatively, a sister maybe?
She didn't take more time to think about it, before she took the glass and drank it all. It tasted metallic, but she didn't care. Anything would do, she could have drinked sea water right now, as long as it was some type of fluid. Swallowing the last drop of water, she placed the glass back down on the table and coughed a bit.
"H-hello?" She tried carefully. It didn't hurt nearly as much, to which she let out a relieved sigh. 
Making her way back to the chair, she sat down. The pain in her leg and head was screaming and she needed to sit down. It felt like she had been crushed and thrown between walls for hours.
Finally, down on the chair again, she leaned a bit back, closing her eyes and trying her hardest to remember something else. Something, anything. Anything would do, she just wanted her memories back to explain why she was here. To explain what her purpose in this empty, white room was. However, nothing. Nothing came back to her. It felt like the more she tried the farther away from her memories she got. Closing her eyes even harder, she placed her fingers on the temples and focused more than she had ever focused on something.
"Come on Byul-yi, just anything. Just remember something."
She felt frustrated; nothing came to her no matter how hard she trie- wait.
Byul-yi.
Byul
yi.
Moon Byul-yi.
Byul-yi Moon.
Moon.
Moonstar, Moonbyul
Moon Byul-yi.
Her name. She didn't know how she knew that was her name, but she did. It was her name. Moon Byul-yi, citizen of The Republic on South Korea.
Wait, she was from South Korea?
Suddenly she realizes the language she been thinking in all this was Korean. In addition, in her memories she looked rather Asian. Not even rather Asian, but full Asian. How did that just pass her by? She absolutely had no idea, but she felt a bit happy. Like a hope. She knew her own name and where she was from. She was Moon Byul-yi from the Republic of South-Korea. Moon Byul-yi. "That's me." A very small smile formed on her face. As soon as those memories were back, she remembered that she was 24 years old; it was her birthday in two weeks. And even though this made a temporary happiness, she could remember something, it soon disappeared again. That information didn't help her get out of this room or understand this situation. It didn't help her understand who she was as a person either; it was only a name and an age. "It's something at least..." she tried to comfort herself with. »It's a start. It's okay Byul-yi, it's okay" she kept on mumbling to herself, before she looked around the room one more time.
She noticed the painting on the wall again. What an odd thing to put in here. Everything in this room was white, even her clothes, it seemed like that would be the concept, but this painting ruined it with it's blue sky painted on. Byul-yi continued studying the painting carefully, hadn't she seen that sky somewhere before? I know you see the sky all the time, but it seemed too familiar. Like she had seen that exact type of sky before. With the same clouds and the sun placed exactly there. It was like a déja vu, she just had this feeling she had seen it before. Nevertheless, her memory about the place with that sky didn't return, if it even existed. She continued studying it for quite some time, before she grew bored of it.

Byul-yi didn't know how long she had been locked in now. It was hard to calculate time; there was no watch or windows in here. She had grown tired, so she got up from the chair, which she had probably done about five times now, and walking over to the door while the intense pain in the leg and her head shot through her. Arriving at the door, she did exactly the same she had done five times before; kicking and yelling.
"Let! Me! Out!" She yelled as loudly as she could, why dragging the handle up and down and kicking the door. Nothing indicated that anyone could hear her, but how could she know? Someone could possibly be right outside the door, guarding, making sure she wasn't let out until they knew how to dispose of her body without leaving anything behi- "okay, no, Byul-yi, you are being ridiculous." She scolded herself in her head, before she gave the door a final kick. She made her way back to the white chair in the middle of the room and sat down again.

Maybe if she waited? Maybe they wouldn't let her out now because she was being so noisy, but if she calmed down and waited patiently, they would let her out?

......

 

....


.....

"Ya, this is ridiculous. This situation is just ridiculous." She said aloud, in case the scary upper heads she was imagining in her mind was tuning in on her. Maybe there were hidden microphones and cameras in this room and she just couldn't see them? "Yaa, this is too much." She thought to herself. "Solar would have told me to calmed down by no-" She stopped herself right there.
Who is Solar? Why did that name pop up in her head?
No matter how hard she tried, she wasn't able to remember any Solar's. But there the name was, clear as ever. It had just popped up out of nowhere and it seemed so perfect, just the right name to use. But she wasn't able to connect it to a face. No matter how hard she tried, all she had was Solar.
"Solar.. Solar-unnie? Solar-oppa? Solar-ssi? Solar. Solar. Solar." Byul-yi tasted the name, trying to figure out which one was the right one, what felt right. Which name that would glide of her tongue and sound as natural as any other word in her vocabulary. 
What memories this she have with this person? Was it a male figure or a female? Maybe it was a dog. No matter how hard she tried, no memories would pop into her mind. However, something, just something about the name, it made her feel a certain way. As if this was it, this was the key to solving the problem why she was here, where she was and what happened to her memories. She only needed to figure out how to use this key.

 

Solar. Solar. Solar. In what way is this name connected to her life? The fact that she couldn't remember annoyed her so badly, especially since the name seemed to be stuck to her brain now.

 

She had no idea how long she had been here now, it felt like time didn't exist anymore. She had gotten two more names and she was even more confused than ever now. The name Kim suddenly appeared in her head, followed by Yongsun. She was confused about this because they all just seemed perfect. Like she was supposed to say, "Ah, yes, why didn't I think of that before, it all makes sense now.", but it had left her more confused than ever. Was Kim, Yongsun and Solar three separate people? Or were they the same person, one person with all those names. Why would she remember these names before she could even remember her parents, her job, her friends? Was this person more important? More important than her own family and career, did Kim/Yongsun/Solar mean that much to her? Sitting in a corner of the room, frustrated from the moon and back by this.


She remembered a necklace. Or, to be exact, she remembered herself being put on a necklace by a woman silhouette. The silhouette was wearing a necklace as well. They were matching. A moon and a sun. The memory, even though it was blurry, made her full with the emotions of happiness. What did they mean? As soon as the memory was as clear as she could get it, she touched her neck. "I just need to be sure." She had convinced herself in her head before doing it and to her surprise, it was there. She could feel it and as soon as her fingertips touched the sun on the chain, she was filled up with emotions. Tears started dwelling up in her eyes, but the blonde girl quickly wiped them away. "Yahh, stupid, why are you crying? It's just a necklace." Byul-yi mumbled to herself. Honestly, she didn't know why she was crying. But the memory and the touch of the necklace, she felt like it would be important to her, if she knew the story behind it. More than ever, she wished to get back her memories.


She was a stubborn kid. She never ate her food when her mother offered it to her, she wouldn't get dressed and she hated it when people didn't do it her way. She was also somewhat bratty. Her mom was strict though, scolding her when needed and loved her when needed. Her memories about her early days, as early as she could remember at least, was back. Her parents were still somewhat blurry, all the memories was, but it was more than just Moon Byul-yi. She had moved position from the corner of the room and was now sitting with her back leaned against the door. A sighed escaped the blonde haired girl; before she let her eyes wander the room again. She had lost count over how many times she had done that now; it felt like she had been stuck her for days. She hadn't gotten hungry or sleepy thought, so she assumed her mind was just playing her a trick. Being alone in a room without anything to do made time go extremely slow, she figured. Therefore, Byul-yi used her time trying to remember. It was frustrating, this woman silhouette, the necklace, the name. What was the connection between these three? Why did she remember them before more important things? Were they her most important memories? Apart from the childhood memories, this person, this female had appeared in all the memories.

....

She just remembered that it was a female. She had a name, a gender and memories of her silhouette being there. But who was she? Byul-yi rubbed her head in frustration, making her hair all messy, before she let out a loud, frustrated sigh and gently hit her head against the door behind her. Bad choice, because it sent a shot of pain through her head, which made her quickly reacted. 

 

It may have been two hours or two days, Byul-yi had no idea. It felt like she had been there for an eternity. Still sitting with her back against the door, flash of memories had come back. She remembered this woman silhouette everywhere; in the grocery shop, in a busy street, in the car, sleeping, brushing her teeth, playing karaoke, hanging out with other people, reading at the library. The memory flashes didn't contain any dialogue, so it didn't help Byul understand much of who she was. Within every flash, her face became more and more clear and Byul-yi got more and more confused. Who was this woman and why did it seem like she was everywhere in her life? It was until a sudden flow of memories came. Every single detail that a human would remember, not a single thing blurry and dialogue. Byul-yi ran the memory repeatedly in her head, assuring it was real and not something she made up because of possible insanity from being locked in for so long. 

 

"Yaa, Byul, don't leave me!" The oldest yelled after the blonde haired girl.
Byul-yi was laughing as she was riding away from Yongsun on her bike, the older one running after her with the bike next to her. She didn't know how to ride it.
"Aw, c'mon Yong, you are slowing me down" Byul unnie, slowing down anyways and waiting for her.
"Good, you stopped." Yongsun said when she finally catches up to youngest.
"Only because a maniac would leave a beauty like you behind." Byul said with a smile, awaiting the response. It was exactly as she expected, Yongsun breaking out in an 'Eh, ya!’ and hitting her hand gently, to which Byul-yi laughed. Even though they were together, she still freaked out by her girlfriends greasiness. No one could get used to that, I guess.
"Do you want to ride with me?" Byul-yi suggested, hinting to her bike. Yongsun's cheek got a bit red and she felt a tiny bit flustered, but nodded quickly. "Mm!"

 


...."Am I that greasy?" Byul-yi thought to herself, but the more and more she went over the scenario in her head, it just seemed like something she would say. 
At first she was shocked by the fact that she thought of the girl as her girlfriend. Her girlfriend. On the other hand, Byul-yi always had girl crushes and never boy-crushes, so it didn't surprise her.

"Wait, I only had girl crushes?" She quickly thought to herself. She felt like her memories just came back without her knowing, and suddenly she just blurted it out.
Why was she even talking outload? No one was in the room to listen; if someone heard her, they might have thought she was a lunatic.

Her thoughts went back to the memory.
So that's who you are Kim Yongsun. My girlfriend. How on earth did I get someone as good as you? 

----------------

au; my second fanfic! i wrote this chapter today on the bus, because i was so excited about this!! if you are confused now, dont worry, you're suppose to be. everything will make sense later on! so, what do you think so far? last fanfic was youngsun focused, now it's byul-yi focused, so that's a change! i'm excited about this one, so please be patient with me ~~