fin.

took you long enough
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyungwon’s perfect. There’s no doubt about it, absolute perfection from head to toe. There’s something alluring about even the way his lanky figure moves, despite how it’s slightly awkward sometimes. It’s usually cute, anyway, how shy the boy gets. His skin is pale and smooth. His eyes are so wide that it just draws you in, as long as you’re just staring at it. Not to mention, of course, those unbelievably thick lips of his that you just wanna ki—

“For the love of all things Starship, Minhyuk, shut up,” Kihyun groaned, finally cutting Minhyuk’s speech about Hyungwon. They were both sitting on the floor in one of their practice rooms. The blonde boy blinked, unaware of how much he’s been babbling. He didn’t think he’s been talking for that long, but he could never really tell. Kihyun gave a resigned sigh, resting a hand on Minhyuk’s shoulder. “Thank you.”

“I wasn’t done.”

Kihyun pointed over to Jooheon who was practicing his rapping by the corner, “go bother Heony.”

“I just came from him,” Minhyuk pouted, having been passed around from Starship member to Starship member all day, from Boyfriend down to his own group, Monsta X. All he did was talk about things, he didn’t think it was anything new. He was always noisy anyway, right?  Wasn’t that what his image was? “He sent me to find you.”

At that moment, Wonho entered the practice room. He took note of Jooheon far away, earphones plugged in and rapping loudly, and was surprised he was actually still practicing.  Usually, Jooheon would be resting on the floor or something. That was, until his eyes scanned the rest of the room and then settled on Minhyuk’s pouting face and Kihyun’s annoyed look and everything made more sense to him. 

“Hey,” Wonho smirked at Kihyun’s direction, heading towards the other boys and sitting beside them. “How’s listening to Minhyuk’s life woes?”

Kihyun rolled his eyes, “don’t remind him, please, he just stopped.”

“I was interrupted,” Minhyuk said as if remind him, smiling despite the statement since he suddenly remembered where he left off. “I was about to mention how Hyungwon’s lips are—“

“Have you tried telling Shownu?” Wonho interrupted immediately, while Kihyun subtly hid a laugh. The boys have been desperately trying to get Minghyuk to stop talking about Hyungwon. They weren’t sure when it started; it’s just one day, Minhyuk’s usual random topics that ranged from fries to pugs to dancing happened to land on the topic of Hyungwon, and the boy hasn’t stopped ever since. Of course, he only talks about Hyungwon when the boy isn’t around.

Minhyuk nodded, a confused look appearing on his face, “I was doing that before I came here, actually. He suddenly had to go to the restroom, though. I wonder where he is now… It’s been a while… Maybe I should look for him… Do you guys think I should look for him? What if something happened?”

“Yes,” Kihyun said immediately, even though he saw Shownu hiding in one of the other practice rooms just now. “But I have a better idea. Why not tell Hyungwon himself?”

Minhyuk tilted his head to the side, “tell him what?”

Now that Kihyun mentioned it, he hasn’t seen Hyungwon in a long time. Minhyuk tried to recall when that time was. This morning, perhaps? Around breakfast? He mentioned how his eggs were runnier than usual and Hyungwon laughed. The latter then began to pick out onions from his food, which led Minhyuk to start pointing it out and thus starting a discussing of how vegetables are good for you, while Hyungwon ate and Minhyuk might have stared at him and—

“Minhyuk!”

“What?” Minhyuk made his mind focus back to the present situation. “What should I tell him?”

Kihyun sighed in exasperation, “that you like him?”

“That I like him?” He repeated, earning surprised looks from both Kihyun and Wonho.  Minhyuk gave an awkward laugh, suddenly feeling nervous. “What do you mean?”

“You’re kidding me,” Wonho said flatly.

“He’s definitely kidding,” Kihyun followed right after.

Minhyuk shook his head and smiled brightly, “I have no idea what you guys are talking about.”

Really, he didn’t. I mean, sure, he may have caught himself staring at Hyungwon a bit too much lately. But that was probably because he changed his hair color recently, and the new dark look caught Minhyuk’s attention more. Well, he may have also made Hyungwon the topic of his conversations with the other guys a bit more lately. But, y’know, Hyungwon was the quiet type in front of a lot of people, and Minhyuk wanted to get him noticed more. 

It did help that the other boy was naturally attractive, and Minhyuk would always feel butterflies in his stomach when Hyungwon smiles and…

“I like Hyungwon,” Minhyuk blurted out when realization dawned on him. 

“Jooheon!” Wonho called out while Kihyun was still staring at Minhyuk in disbelief because how can he not know he’s been crushing on Hyungwon? He tried again louder when the younger boy didn’t hear, “Jooheon! We need your help!”

The red haired rapper stopped rapping and stared at Wonho, probably noticing how Minhyuk had stopped talking. He made his way over, to Minhyuk’s surprise.

“Why do we need Jooheon’s help?” He asked, but was promptly ignored.

Wonho started to explain the situation while Jooheon listened with a mischievous glint in his eye. Minhyuk was as dense as he was noisy, apparently. All these weeks of talking about Hyungwon and he still hasn’t noticed he likes Hyungwon, except for that moment. That aside, Hyungwon is completely oblivious since Minhyuk starts talking about other things in front of Hyungwon. Minhyuk listened to the explanation attentively, face slowly turning red out of embarrassment.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter