Chapter 05

Wish You'd Never Grow Up
 
Jimin walked in the shop full of colorful flowers, their scents filling up the shop and his nose. He looked at the bouquets of varied flowers and colors lined up neatly on the racks. The vibrant colors attract his attention to the point he can't decide which one should he buy.
 
'Which color will she like? Hmm. What's her favorite color though?' Jimin frowned. As long as he can remember, Jihye's favorite used to be light purple but he wasn't sure if she still liked it. He used to like dark red but now he prefers dark blue over any color. His change of taste in color made him unsure of Jihye's change of preference too. "I'll just buy the pink bouquet. It's girly, she'll like it right?" Jimin mumbled to himself before walking to the cashier.
 
"Ahjumma. Can I have a bouquet of pink roses? The one for graduation." The old woman nodded her head before disappearing to another part of the store.
 
 
 
Jimin watched intently as the ahjumma did the last wrapping on the counter. Then she put the bouquet gently on the the side and Jimin paid for it. The woman smiled warmly at Jimin after he paid. "Thank you. Come again." Jimin bowed a little bit before going out of the shop cautiously. He can't attract attentions from any passerby especially when he need to hurry to Jihye's school.
 
It was her high school graduation day. Jimin has excused himself from the dorm to go back to his hometown eventhough BTS is not on their vacation time. It was his luck that BTS didn't have any official schedule for that day. He was relieved because he couldn't risk to miss his only sibling's important day. He already missed her first day of high school so he shouldn't be missing the last day too.
 
 
 
Jimin arrived at the school safely much to his relief. With the help of his cap, no one seems to recognize him. However, when he arrived there and took off his hat, a lot of people started to notice him. He only smiled to the people that greeted him and hurriedly walked to the hall to avoid from forming a crowd. He didn't want to create any fuss. His eyes wandered around the hall to search for his parents on the seats. 
 
 
 
"Park Jihye."
 
Jimin proudly clapped his hands when he saw her walking on the stage. He got teary eyes as he saw how graceful his sister looked.
 
 
 
"Sis!" Jimin slung his arm around her shoulder the moment he saw Jihye walking out of the school hall after the ceremony ended almost half an hour ago. Then he took out the flower bouquet that he held behind him, which was reached out gleefully by Jihye. She stared at the flowers in awe. "So pretty! It's pink." She was about to thank him, but he ruined the moment when he ruffled her hair. "Oppa." She slapped his hand away. How annoying when you styled your hair for hours for the special occasion but someone had to ruin it, and that someone must be no other than your own brother. Jimin giggled at her tone, just to annoy her even more. "What?" Jihye scowled when he acts innocent.
 
"You two. Instead of fighting, why don't we take a family picture?" Mrs. Park excitedly pulled out her silver compact camera. Then she held the camera on air awkwardly. "How should we capture it?"
 
"Dana, can you help us?" Jihye walked to her friend nearby and asked for help. Dana gladly took the request and watched the Park family pose for the camera.
 
"1, 2, 3."
 
Jihye ran to Dana to look at the picture. "One more! One more! Freestyle okay." She ran back to stand in front of Jimin, beside her mom.
 
"1." Jihye put up a peace sign.
 
"2." Jimin quickly pinched her cheeks.
 
"3." Photo captured.
 
"Urgh. Can you stop?" Jihye almost pulled out her hair but stopped immediately. That was captured in the photo! "Why? It will be one of the precious moment to look back, don't you think?" Jihye rolled her eyes then sighed. "Whatever."
 
"Should we take a selfie?" Jihye pulled out her phone and opened the front camera. She held it high to get a good angle... but Jimin's head was cut off from the screen. "What are you doing sis? Such a shortie." Jimin poked her cheeks then took her phone. "Let me do it."
 
Despite the irritating annoys, their family selfie was captured beautifully with sincere smiles on their faces.
 
 
 
~
 
 
 
Jimin watched as his sister's eyes twinkled when her favorite dish was served on the table. The waiter bowed then left the family in the room. He chuckled when she unladylike-ly took one piece of meat in the plate and eat without hesitant. "You didn't even ask if mom and dad want it too?" Jimin said. Jihye's eyes grew wide with her expression turned into a surprised one. "It's too delicious I forgot!" She swallowed. "Mom, dad. Please have some." She offered. "It's alright honey. You can eat first."
 
"What about me?"
 
"Humph." She pulled the plate closer to her, away from Jimin's reach.
 
The family talked and chatted about Jihye's future and also a little bit of Jimin's stories. They didn't even realize the time's moving. After two hours in the restaurant, Jimin had to excuse himself because he has to go back to the dorm. With that, everyone stood up and got ready to go out and went home.
 
 
 
"Congratulations on finishing your high school." Jimin said warmly to Jihye while their parents were paying the bills at the counter. "Thanks..."
 
He sighed. "How time flew by fast." Jihye hummed softly as a reply when he stopped to take a breath. "I still remembered how excited you were to enter middle school and now you already finished high school. It feels unreal." He shook his head. A few moment of silence filled up the atmosphere, then their parents came to them. "I think I will get going first. Tell me about your future plans okay." Weirdly, Jimin didn't ruffle her hair or do any irritating gestures, and she didn't miss it. She assumed that maybe he was tired so she didn't say anything about it. "Bye oppa. Have a safe way back."