Chapter 02

Wish You'd Never Grow Up
 
Jimin watched as Suga sat down in front of him. The manager has instructed the boys to gather at the dance room after lunch. Before lunch, they have been practicing their choreography. During lunch, a few of them went to the toilet, some went to the store nearby to buy food and the remaining stayed in the dance room. Their comeback is now coming in three weeks. According to the manager, their music video recording will take place in four days. Jimin thought maybe the director is going to do some briefing about it. That's why they are gathered after lunch.
 
After all seven boys gathered, the manager stood in front of them that were sitting on the floor. That action made Jimin frowned. 'Why is Hwanhee hyung giving the briefing, I thought it was the director?' But his question was answered after the manager speak up.
 
"Since the director hasn't arrived yet, I'll take this time to tell you guys a news. You'll be happy hearing this."
 
What could it be. The boys made a fuss among themselves before the manager hushed them again. "Bang PD said you guys can take two days off starting tomorrow. You can go back to your hometown if you want. Because you guys has been working well, he let some time off for you."
 
"Thank you!" The leader, Rap Monster's shout of gratitude can be heard among the noisy, happy boys. At last some rest for them! It's a rare thing to get a day vacation especially when their comeback is near. But the boys won't question it.
 
 
 
~
 
 
 
"Busan ~" Jimin cooed as he inhaled the air outside the airport. No fans are alerted about their vacation so the airport is vacant except for a few people who recognised them but that's that. It's comfortable, really. "Bye hyung." Jungkook said while tapping Jimin's shoulder and they went their separate ways with Jungkook following his dad to the car. Jimin too followed his dad who came to pick him up.
 
Jimin can't stop smiling during the car ride. Then he watched his dad who was driving intently. 'His face is full of wrinkles now.'
 
"Is eomma and Jihye well?" He can't wait to get home, the place where he is always welcomed. "They are fine. Do you know your mom was delighted after hearing the news until she can't sleep last night. She must've missed you so much." Jimin chuckled hearing that. That is so like his mom.
 
"Oh, just to let you know that we're moving out next week."
 
"Huh? To where?"
 
"Nowhere outside Busan. To your grandma's."
 
"Why?"
 
"Your grandma is old already and she lives alone too so there's gotta be someone who take care of her." Mr. Park looked at his son before focusing back on the road.
 
"Don't worry, her house is more comfortable than ours. And I'm the one who paid for her bills all this time so no one can say anything about us moving there." Jimin nodded after understanding the situation.
 
 
 
~
 
 
 
Jimin was hugged and squished by his mom the moment he entered the house. "Oh my son!" She his fluffly hair. "It's been a long time!" Jimin hugged his mom back. ""Let's go eat. I've cooked your favorite dish." Jimin put his small bag at the side and followed his mom to the kitchen.
 
"Where's Jihye?" He looked around the kitchen.
 
"Did you forget she has school?" Mr. Park answered while sitting on one of the dining chairs.
 
"Oh." Jimin laughed at his forgetfulness. Then he too sit down.
 
"Your dad even didn't go to work today just to fetch his son." His mom laughed. She prepared a few plates and  the special dish on the table.
 
"What? Abeoji, it's okay really. I can just arrange some other ways to get home. I'm old enough to do that."
 
"I can still do the work at home so no worries." His dad waved his hand telling Jimin not to feel burdened about it.
 
 
 
Jimin walked to the door from the living room when the doorbell rang. He opened it just the right amount for his head to peek outside. 
 
"May I help you miss?" Jimin tried to hide his smile looking at the person in front of the door.
 
"Open it wide idiot."
 
"What? Sorry, we're not interested in buying." Jimin closed the door then opened it again quickly. "Oh sister it's you!" This time he pulled it wide for her to come in.
 
"Haha very funny." Jihye mockingly said. She opened her shoes and put it neatly on the rack. Then she climbed up the stairs, followed by Jimin. Jihye went to her room, still followed by Jimin.
 
"You didn't even greet me. It's not like we see each other everyday. Heck, I don't come home that frequent." Jimin leaned on the doorframe, pouting.
 
Jihye turned around to look at her brother. "I'm tired okay. Let me take a nap first then we will talk later. Is that okay?"
 
Jimin walked forward into the room until he stopped at his sister.
 
"You know what?"
 
"What?"
 
"You're still short just like the last time we met. You didn't grow any taller?" Jihye is on his shoulder height so it's easier for him to pat her head.
 
Jihye pushed his hand away, offended by what he said and also his action. "I'm not a kid anymore. Don't do that." Jihye puffed her cheeks.
 
"Can we talk later like seriously?" Jihye said while looking at her bed. She desperately need to sleep.
 
"Whatever you say sis." Jimin patted her head again earning an angry grunt from her. He leaves while laughing just to annoy his sister.
 
 
 
"Do you need help?" Jimin asked as he saw his mom trying to reach something on the cabinet. "Yes dear. Can you help me reach the plates?" He easily did what she asked. She took the plates and put it in a box. "Is there more I can help?"
 
"There's a lot since we're moving but you must be tired so it's fine if you don't help."
 
"Not, I will help."
 
Mrs. Park sighed. "I'll give you a light task but you can do it after dinner. Just put the old albums in the boxes."
 
Jimin nodded. "Okay." Then he decided to rest on the living room for the rest of the day until dinner.
 
 
 
Night came and Mrs. Park already prepared dinner to celebrate the wonderful night. "Jihye!" She shouted from the kitchen to call her daughter that was upstairs. A few moments later, footsteps can be heard descending the stairs. "Yeah eomma?"
 
"What are you doing in your room?"
 
"Homework."
 
"Your brother is home and you didn't even come down."
 
Jihye looked at her mentioned brother. Then she regretted it later when she saw he nods annoyingly at her to agree with what their mom said. She rolled her eyes. "Okay. I will stay downstairs."
 
The dinner went with warm conversations among the family members. Jimin was updated about things he missed. From his dad, his mom to his cousins, their neighbors.
 
Among the stories he heard, Jihye's stories caught his ears the most. After listening to her experiences in high school, Jimin realised his sister is maturing well, unlike when she was in elementary school. Of course, what did he expect.
 
 
"So... do you have a boyfriend?" Jimin asked in curiosity.
 
"What? No!" Jihye almost shouted, then she threw the tissue at him.
 
Guess she is not fully matured because she's still embarassed about that kind of topic.
 
"Hey chill." Jimin chuckled at the reaction. Their parents only laughed at the silly siblings.