Chapter 01

Wish You'd Never Grow Up
 
Jimin wiped the sweats on his forehead and neck with the small white towel that he pulled out from his backpack. He has been practicing the new choreography with his group, Bangtan for a few hours already. Due to the choreographer, Mr. Son non-stop ideas, the choreography kept changing and he wants them to try every single idea until he finds the perfect one for some parts. Jimin sighed. It's tiring really but there's nothing he can do. It's not like he can choreograph a perfect choreography for all the members.
 
Their comeback is coming in two months. He knows once they have to prepare for a comeback, there will be no vacation or rest time until their promotion starts. But in two months? They have a lot of things to do including recording the songs, not just one song but for the whole album. If they're recording a full album, at least ten songs needs to be recorded. That doesn't count the demos and mistakes yet.
 
Even before the preparations for this new album, they didn't get much free time. Their schedules were packed with recordings for this program, that program. But to Bangtan, it's worth it if it means more people will appreciate their music.
 
Bangtan is already in their third year in the industry. Due to their popularity, they have to do well in everything in order to reach fans and audiences' expectation. They don't want to disappoint everyone right? To them, do well means they have to practice non-stop until they're sure everything is perfect, which is not as easy as people think. Practice non-stop means they won't have time to rest, heck no extra time at all. If they don't even have rest time, how are they supposed to visit their families at home right?
 
But to fulfill their promises to keep improving, to make their families proud, to show their best side to fans, they sacrificed their time.
 
"We're done for today." Mr. Son said. "Good job boys. See you guys tomorrow. Don't be late."
 
The boys were more than relieved that the intense practice is over for the day. They took their own bottled water and gulped it down. Jimin laid down on the floor. His body ache, he didn't get enough rest for almost a week. Not just him, the others too.
 
No one was talking, taking this chance to rest or maybe a short nap to satisfy their sleepiness. Only the sound of their breathing can be heard in the dance room.
 
"Boys, we're going back to the dorm. Be down in fifteen minutes. I'm going to settle some things." The manager said at the boys before disappearing from the door.
 
Jimin sat up and gathered his things into his bag. After he finished, he leaned on the wall beside the dancer of the group, J-Hope.
 
 
 
~
 
 
 
Jimin was awake from his nap when the youngest of Bangtan shook his shoulders. "Hyung we have arrived." Jimin looked at Jungkook before glancing outside the window. "Oh." He was lost for a moment as to where he is before he registered they already reached their apartment building. Jimin lazily dragged his feet from the van to the elevator with the other boys.
 
Once they reached their dorm, Jimin was the first one to claim the bathroom in his shared room to shower and clean himself up.
 
 
 
Jimin laid down on his bed with his eyes that kept blinking, not fluttering close. He can't sleep anymore. He was sure he was tired but his eyes won't close. He looked at Taehyung, his roommate who was getting ready to go to the bathroom. Then he turned to the other side, facing the wall. Then he turned around again.
 
'Why can't I find a comfortable position.'
 
He stretched his legs, he curled it, he puts it under the pillow, he moved his legs around. Then he sighed. "I need to sleeeeep ahhhh!" He shouted while pulling his hair. He stayed like that for a moment before he sat up. He opened his phone to see what he can do. Check Twitter? Fancafe? Maybe he should update Twitter. But it was forgotten when he saw the wallpaper on his phone. The picture of his family.
 
He admits that whenever he loses inspiration, feeling tired of being an idol, the photo helped him get his spirit back.
 
Looking at his dad, mom and his sister. Then he smiled. He missed them. It's almost a year he didn't see them, at least that's what he thought. 'When can I see you guys?'
 
 
 
"What are you doing smiling to yourself?" Taehyung smiled mischiveously at his friend. "What are you watching?" He tried to peek at Jimin's phone but Jimin already locked his phone the moment Taehyung reached his bed.
 
"Nothing. I'm going to sleep."
 
"Eyyyy."
 
"Shut up Tae Tae."
 
Taehyung laughed at him before he leaves Jimin alone. Jimin laid down back on the bed and faced the wall again. Now that he feels at peace after seeing his motivation, maybe he can get some sleep. And he did. He went into a deep slumber for a few hours before his daily routines start again.