Dance

Our Love Notes [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

4.1k words

 

 

No sound was bouncing on the walls. There is a clear silence that is making very much everyone in the room on edge. The only thing that is audible is probably the sound of their sweat dripping onto the wooden floor of the practice room. Neither of them is brave enough to make an eye contact with their dance trainer. Not after they had flunk their dance moves.

“You two,” Mr Lee exhales rather loudly, causing Jungkook to clasp his hands even tighter. “You two are the two of my best students. I’ve seen you boys practice the same dance routine but never this awful.”

Both Jungkook and Junhoe’s head dipped even lower, knowing they are guilty for the lack of synchronization and chemistry between them. The trainers knew that Junhoe and Jungkook is the best duo in the academy which is why they are often paired up. However, just how compatible they are, they can also simply be the worst. That is if either of them is in a bad temper or worst, both of them are.

And now seems like one of those moments. Their fight had caused their trainer to gnash his teeth. Who wouldn’t when their performance is tomorrow night and yet one of the main groups to perform is doing an awful job to show an amazing chemistry. Jungkook sighs because he’s been anticipating tomorrow night for so long. He glances to the side and Junhoe isn’t in any state different than he is.

Mr Lee takes a glimpse at both of his students before pinching his nose bridge. Annoyance, anger, frustration, all of them are present in the trainer’s voice. “Are you both fighting?” he questions.

They remained silent, afraid that their trainer would lash out on them. They didn’t even have to say a word. Their silence merely gave away that both of them are not in speaking terms. Jungkook hopes that his trainer won’t ask about the grounds of the feud. Luckily, Mr Lee saunters to the door with heavy steps and mind before scolding, “Whatever that is going on between you two. Fix it!” Then, the door is closed harshly, making Jungkook wince.

It’s bad enough that he is having a fight with his friend and now his dance performance is at stake. There’s no way to pull this through if he refuses to settle things with Junhoe. But how can he when the latter is always so incensed around him?

“We need to talk.” He announced, loud in the room that is just the two of them left. On the other side of the room, stands Junhoe who groans in displease. “Save it, Jeon. We just got to keep practicing.”

“You know that doesn’t work.” Jungkook retorts, making his way to Junhoe. They have been avoiding this topic— scratch that, they’ve been avoiding each other at school, making their best effort to not cross the same path. Jungkook thinks this is ridiculous. Why is Junhoe so infuriated by Seulgi?

He keeps pestering Junhoe but the other only put him in deaf ears, to Jungkook irate. Finally, Junhoe couldn’t take it any longer after Jungkook childishly calls his name nonstop, begging for attention. “Okay, stop! Jeez! How immature of you.”

Jungkook plop himself down in front of Junhoe where he is sitting Indian style. “Just tell me what can I do to make you stop being angry with me?” he pleads, having enough of the fight.

“Get away from her.” Junhoe states simply, shrugging his shoulders in the process.

Instantaneously, Jungkook shoots him a glare, “You know I can’t do that.” Grabbing Junhoe’s arm, he forces the other to face him. “I need to know why you are so upset about Seulgi.”

Junhoe’s lips form into a thin line. His adam’s apple bops as he swallows his saliva nervously. In his head, he only thinks what’s the best for Jungkook. People may dub him as cold, heartless and perhaps the villain, but his purpose and intention was only to protect Jungkook. He believes Seulgi would only bring bad news instead of good ones. “I told you. You will only get hurt in the future. Just stop whatever you are chasing.”

“Stop acting like you know everything and what’s best.” Jungkook hisses. “I can take care of myself. Besides,” he trails off, looking away from Junhoe. Jungkook’s face softens into what Junhoe could catch on is gloominess. “Nothing is going to happen between us.”

“…. What do you mean—”

“I’m saying, we won’t have feelings with each other. At least she won’t. She rejected me. So you don’t have to be so damn worried about me because she doesn’t even want me. You’re right. It’s ridiculous.” Jungkook ends his miserable speech with a scoff.

Junho raises one of his eyebrows. Seulgi rejected him? Which means, Jungkook have confessed before but got turned down. Now that is swell news for Junhoe. Since the worst thing that would happen has already been done, then Junhoe doesn’t need to worry anymore. Although, he does feel sorry towards his friend but it’s better than risking getting hurt by that woman.

“Fine,” Junhoe sighs in relief. “Though I’m not happy to see you around her but at least you don’t put yourself out to be a fool for her.”

Jungkook doesn’t know why Junhoe are saying these words. It is as if he detests Seulgi so much and that is the first. Junhoe is never one to hate someone to the core. Mainly because he doesn’t even give a about anyone or anything. But this is different. He is suspicious but right now, he doesn’t have time to play Sherlock. All he needs to do is focus on the dance performance for tomorrow.

“So are we good?” Jungkook asks for the last time.

“Yeah, we’re good.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Turns out meeting Seulgi at school isn’t as easy as Jungkook thought. The fact that the school building and the library is in different block should’ve given him the clue. Even his break time is different than Seulgi. Even though Jungkook do want to use his break time to chance on Seulgi but a boy has got to eat. And he’s not sacrificing having food being put in his belly.

Thanks to his free period, he could meet Seulgi in the library. Yesterday he wasn’t lucky enough because Seulgi took the counter duties. And today he doesn’t seem to have any free period to his major disappointment. This only means he can see her once the school ends.

The day seems to be dragging so slowly that Jungkook is almost losing his mind. As soon as the last bell rings, he immediately vanishes from the class and went straight to the other block where a library happens to be there. He waits patiently in front of the door, playing something on his phone as poor attempt to eat time.

Seulgi seems to be in there longer than expected that Jungkook ended up sitting on the floor. He receives a few looks from his schoolmates but Jungkook just brushes it off. His glance was fixed on his phone when a voice calls him softly.

“Jungkook?”

Instantly, he is on his feet, towering Seulgi as usual. He notes how cute that Seulgi went from looking down to craning her head upwards just a little bit to meet Jungkook’s eyes. “Hey! You’re finally out.”

“You waited?” Seulgi sounds surprised that Jungkook had waited for her. The poor boy even sat on the cold floor. “Did you come with your friends or…”

Jungkook shakes his head. “I’m by myself.” At the same time, he opens the zipper of his bag to pull out 3 pieces of hard paper. “I came here to give these to you.” He says as he hands in the papers or it look more like a brochure to Seulgi.

After scanning the words written on the paper, it is then only Seulgi realize that she is actually holding tickets. Tickets to a dance show by a dance academy which Seulgi assumes is the one Jungkook is attending. Truth to be told, she has forgotten all about the dance show. It’s probably the last thing that ever crosses her mind.

“I hope you didn’t forget about it. There’s an extra ticket. You can bring Irene noona too, if you want.”

Seulgi chuckles nervously. “God no! Definitely not. I uhmm thanks. Thanks for the tickets.”

They continue to walk together until they are at the front gate of the school. Jungkook offers to walk her to her café but Seulgi had decline it saying that today she’s going the café with Bogum. If it weren’t for the fact that his biology teacher is Irene noona’s boyfriend, he wouldn’t have been too please seeing how close they are together.

“Do you want me to pick up you tomorrow night?” Jungkook offers again. Seulgi thinks for a while but decides against it. She knows Jungkook will need time to make preparations before going on stage. Fetching Seulgi will only make things a little hectic for Jungkook.

“Alright then, I’ll see you tomorrow. Oh! And I won’t be going to the café today since I have practice.” He said solemnly with a frown marring on his face. The male looked apologetic and Seulgi is aware of the dark circles under his eyes. Her soft had goes up to cup Jungkook’s face while her thumb gently caresses the skin under his eyes. “Don’t overwork yourself. You don’t look so good.”

Stunned by the action, Jungkook froze in his spot while his eyes never leaving Seulgi’s face. The way Seulgi is looking at him is so tenderly and the contact of Seulgi’s soft hand adds up to making his heartbeat increase. The touch wasn’t even for a brief moment.

“And you expect me to not like you when you’re like this to me.” Jungkook heaves a sigh nevertheless leaning towards Seulgi’s hand.

Finally realizing what she did, she slowly pulled her hands away from Jungkook’s face. “Sorry about that. I just… you look so tired..”

“It’s okay. It’s nothing.” Jungkook assures. “I’ll text you later.”

As Jungkook is leaving, Seulgi stares at her hands. Sigh. These affectionate gestures like brushing Jungkook’s hair with her fingers, caressing Jungkook’s face. It’s not a habit. God no. She never does it to any other man. It just comes naturally when she is with Jungkook. Shaking her head, she doesn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter