New Work

Our Love Notes [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2.2k words

 

 

Today is finally the day Seulgi will start her new job. Truthfully, she is quite nervous to work at the library because it means the chances for her to bump into Koo Junhoe are very high. The boy has been on her mind lately and Seulgi can't even sleep thinking about it. It's like her past is haunting her again. She wonders how Junhoe is related to him. Were they siblings? Cousins? They do have the same surname.

However, she won't let this conflict gets in her way. One thing people should know is Seulgi doesn't back down from something that is irrelevant. Striding her way to the library, she determines to last in her new job.

For Yeri’s sake.

When she neared the library’s counter, she met with a very pretty woman who has her hair high up in a bun. Momentarily, Seulgi thinks that this school only hires staffs that are at a young age because here sits a woman who looks so youthful.

Seulgi clears to capture the woman's attention. The brunette stopped whatever she is doing before looking up to Seulgi. "Yes? Anything that I can help you with?" Even her talking voice sounds angelic. Seulgi would want to imagine how great her singing voice could be.

"Hello, my name is Kang Seulgi. I am the replacement for Mrs. Hwang.".

Immediately, the woman stands up from her seat and made her way to Seulgi. She said that she had been expecting her and she did not expect the replacement would be so young. It's quite funny because that is her impression on the brunette too.

 

The woman, she introduced as Taeyeon is actually about to have her 30th birthday bash soon to Seulgi's surprise. Anything, Taeyeon looks like she's about to hit mid 20s soon. But from her stance, Seulgi can identify how mature she is.

Thanks to Taeyeon, Seulgi gets a second round of tour in the library. Just to freshen up her memory of this school.

 

"I would like to teach u on the system to run at the counter but let's save it for another time. For now," Taeyeon abruptly spins around and hands Seulgi a stack of books, "Let's get you to clean up the books and put them back to their places."

Now only Seulgi realizes that she had overlooked how messy this humongous library is. Apparently, almost all of the empty tables have books scattering pitifully on it. "Oh my, that's a lot of books" she exhales.

Taeyeon can only shrug. "Yeah, it’s such an unfortunate that these kids aren’t rich in morals as they are with their wallets."

Seulgi couldn't agree more.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seulgi decides that working here in this school isn’t as bad as it seems. The work here isn’t as tough and busy as in the café. It's also more relaxed. Even though, there are quite many things to do, at least it's not in a rush manner.

She was climbing the ladder to put one of the books on the top shelves before she shrieked at the hand on her ankle. Looking down, the same eyes that she’d been meeting for weeks greet her.

Thank God, she didn't kick Jungkook in the face out of reflex.

 

"I'm guessing today is your first day of work." the younger says in excitement.

Seulgi sends him a questioning eyebrow. How does Jungkook knows today is her first day? It would make sense if Jungkook had asked her but he didn’t. And he could probably read her face as he suddenly rubs his nape shyly.

Jungkook reveals that he had pestered the other librarians into telling him when the new librarian is coming. Actually, he could just ask Seulgi but he doesn’t want to seem so eager. It scares him if Seulgi would feel uncomfortable around him. After all, they just became friends again not long ago.

"And you're here. Is it recess time already?" Seulgi questions while picking up another pile of books. Damn these students really need to learn some ethics. Maybe they can if their parents hide their credit cards.

 

Upon noticing Seulgi struggling with the books, he quickly gives Seulgi a hand, taking the books away from Seulgi. "Thanks" she mutters.

"We have free periods. It's not the same with recess though " Jungkook says as they walk down the aisle. Jungkook may have left out the detail where he practically sprinted down to the library just to see Seulgi. “We usually use our free period to catch up with studies or sports.”

"Ahh I see. So.. Aren’t you supposed to be studying now?" She teases.

The younger smirks before making a shocked expression. "That's what I’m here for. Oh no, Kang Seulgi! Did you think I came here just to see you?"

Well, her teasing backfired. And now she can't help but feeling a blush painting on her face. Clearing , she ignores Jungkook which causes the latter to break into laughter. "Oh come on, Seulgi! I was just teasing."

 

Still pretending it's a bookshelf that's talking to her, she walk passes him to examine the books on the shelf.

The laughter soon died down and is replaced with a fond smile. Then, Seulgi feels a hand brushing a few strands of her hair to the back of her ear. "Isn’t it obvious I came here to see you?" he retorts softly, looking away from Seulgi.

Taken aback by the sudden touch on her ear, she glances to the side to meet Jungkook's soft features but their eyes didn’t meet. She feels the blush getting more

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter