Dance with You

Our Love Notes [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

BEEP BEEP

 

Jungkook groans as he pulls his blanket higher and buries his face in his pillow. It’s Saturday, which means another day of dance class. Shifting, he looks over to his clock on the nightstand and it reads 8.15 a.m.  Debating with his self whether he should be a good kid for once to arrive early or continue to sleep for a few minutes. After a few blinks, he decides to do the latter. After all, class starts at 10 a.m. He’ll manage to arrive on time.

However, it seems like luck is never at Jungkook’s side because when he flutters his eyes open, the numbers on his clock shows it is already 9.40 a.m. He ends up skipping breakfast and rushes like lightning to his dance studio. Still, it wasn’t enough of a time to make him reach on time so he bites his lips as Mr. Lee shouts at him for not being punctual.

 

Jungkook almost forgot that he is supposed to fetch Seulgi from the café. As Mr. Lee leaves, he quickly packs his stuff and ready to go before someone stopped him on his tracks.

“Hey Jeon, where you heading?” Junhoe hands him his bottle that he had forgotten.

 

“Thanks, man! I actually invited someone to watch during the free period. Hey, why don’t you distract the others to go somewhere for a while? You know, I don’t want to freak Seulgi out when she sees you guys, I mean no offence-”

 

“Seulgi?” Junhoe cuts off.

 

“Yeah, the girl I told you about the other day. Oh look! I’m running late! Do me a favour, yeah?” Jungkook says before bolting out of the studio. If he had stayed longer, he would’ve seen the discomfort on his friend’s face.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seulgi feels her phone vibrating in her pocket. She doesn’t have to look at it to know that Jungkook has arrived. Taking off her apron, she nears Irene while fixing her blouse and hair. “You sure you’re okay? I’m going out just for a while.” Irene nods and motions her to go. “Go! Joy and Wendy are here to help. We can manage. Now go on your date!” If it weren’t for the fact that Jungkook is waiting, Seulgi would have retorted back something in denial. Pshh, this is not a date. Seulgi thinks. She opens the door and meets up with Jungkook, who is wearing a black hoodie, gray sweatpants and a green beanie on his head.

 

“Ready, Seulgi?”

 

What Jungkook didn’t expect was a punch on his arm. “When will you ever call me ‘noona’,kid?” Seulgi said while crossing her arms. Jungkook only rolls his eyes before opening the door of his car. “Only when you stop calling me ‘kid’. Besides, it makes me feel like our is too big. It’s uncomforting.” Seulgi could only huff and make her way into the passenger seat.

Seulgi is amused. Not only at the latter in casual clothes, but at his expensive-looking ride. However, she wouldn’t admit that she does think Jungkook looks attractive in casual clothes.

“I bought us McDonalds to eat in the studio. Do you want anything else to grab?” Jungkook asks while driving with only one hand on the steering wheel. And Seulgi did her best to not stare at him. Clearing , she looks outside the window. “Not really. Aren’t your teacher gonna be mad for eating in the studio?”

 

“We have a free period. No one’s going to be there.”

 

“Hmm? Free period? ”

 

“Yeah. Basically, my dance class starts at ten until twelve. Then, we have a free period of one hour to go home or lunch or like what I usually do; practice. We can borrow any dance room from the studio to practice a few moves before our class starts again at 1. My friends and I usually eat in there anyways but don’t worry, you won’t be meeting them so things won’t be awkward.” Jungkook explains while glancing at Seulgi every now and then.

Seulgi chortles. “You make it sound like your friends are going to say something embarrassing.”

 

“Well, they always do that in front of someone I like.”

 

“Well, I’m not your crush, so why worry?”

 

“Well, you could be.” He faces Seulgi and sends her a wink before eyeing back on the road. In a swift, Seulgi throws a punch at Jungkook’s arm again. “That’s not funny!”She sulks. Jungkook winces, using his free hand to soothe the pain on his arms. “Geez, I was just joking, Seulgi. Did anyone ever tell you that you hit like a man?” The older thinks it’s better to ignore the latter as she fixes her eyes outside windows again.

 

Adjacent to her, Jungkook can’t stop eyeing at her repeatedly, with a tender smile plaster on his face. How adorable.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Wow…”

This isn’t exactly what she had expected. Maybe she had thought the dance studio contains only a few dance rooms. But this! It looks like a company’s studio. Seulgi eyes the studio with gaping at the white and grey walls. The studio looks so luxurious and she is pretty sure the paintings on the wall cost more than her yearly salary.

“I should’ve known when you brought your parent’s car, you are one of those elite people!” Seulgi exclaims, still astonish at her surroundings. Jungkook raises an eyebrow. “Parent’s car?”. Instantly, Seulgi faces Jungkook and her eyes look like it’s about to pop out. “Don’t tell me that car is yours?”

 

“Just got them this year. For my 18th birthday.” he shrugs.

 

Unbelievable. What occupation that had managed someone to enroll their kid to this lavish dance class and not to mention the extravagant looking car that Seulgi had never heard off. Feeling something warm slipping in her hand, she notice Jungkook had clasps their hands and pulled her in one of the dance room. “Do you want to eat first or watch?” Jungkook asks. Even though his voice is stable but only he knows how bashful he feels right now.

“Let’s eat first. You need energy.” She settles.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After they’re done with their lunch, they relax for a few minutes before Jungkook stands up and approach the stereo. He takes out his Ipod and search for the song Save Your Goodbye. If he were to be really honest, he feels both nervous and determined to show Seulgi her moves. He has seen the way Seulgi eyes twinkles whenever he mentions dancing. If only those twinkles last.

 

“Are you ready?” Jungkook asks.

“I’m all eyes.” She retorted while hugging her knees to her chest. Jungkook inhales then breathes out. He sets his Ipod down and walks to the middle of room.

 

 

Excuse me, your heart is in my heart

 

Hello, you've taken this too far

 

Am I just a piece you push in your board game?

 

Have you been laughing all day long?

 

You like it when it's hard for me to see straight

 

You make it go on and on and on and on and on

 

 

Seulgi is out of words. The moment Jungkook starts to dance, it is as if the air had been taken away from her lungs. The way he moves, it’s strong and graceful at the same time. No doubt he was born a dancer, if Jungkook had put a lot of effort in this dance, then it shows how well it paid off. She can’t take her eyes of him. Somehow, her heartbeat keeps on increasing that she had to touch her chest to calm herself down. When Jungkook turns charmingly and his eyes contain so much emotion, Seulgi couldn’t help but admire such a strong yet elegant aura. It is as if the high school kid had disappeared and what’s in front of her is someone who dances with his heart and soul.

 

You're everywhere I go, go, go

 

Jungkook ends the dance with one hand raised above his head. He is now soaks with sweats as he glance towards Seulgi, whose face shows no reaction. Panting, he makes his way to Seulgi, grabbing his towel and bottle on his way.He stops just right in front Seulgi. “If I were really that bad, can you at least lie to make me feel good?” Jungkook laughs softly. Her face is still unreadable and suddenly Jungkook feels shy and quiet, eyes fixed on the floor. To make the awkwardness less, he opens his bottle and start jugging the water down.

Unexpectedly, Seulgi takes his towel from his hand and start wiping the sweats off Jungkook's forehead slowly. Jungkook holds his breath because he is aware of their close proximity. He stares down at Seulgi’s face, even though her eyes are not meeting his.

 

“You’re a living art.” Seulgi breathes out, eyes finally meeting Jungkook’s.

 

 

It was Seulgi that break their eye contact first. She clears while moving two steps backwards. “It was really good. You..You shouldn’t worry. I’m pretty sure you would ace that performance.”

 

“Thanks… I really hope you can make it.”

 

“Only if you call me ‘noona’” she smirks.Pfft. Rolling his eyes, he throws the dirty towel to Seulgi. Earning a squeak from Seulgi. “Eww! That’s disgusting, Jungkook!”

 

 

 

 

They sat down for a few minutes and fall into chatters. Seulgi had requested to see Jungkook dance in different genre of music but Jungkook pretends to not hear her plea. Sighing, Seulgi stands up and move to the stereo. She grabs Jungkook’s Ipod and scrolls down at his songs playlist. “A Thousand Years?” Seulgi sends him a judging look.” Are you for real?”

 

“What? It’s nice for slow dancing! Almost like the ballroom dancing.” Jungkook defends, making his way near her.

 

“You’re telling me you know how to ballroom dancing?”

 

“Ace at it. With grace.” He says proudly.

 

“Haha You can’t fool me. There’s no way you could- hey!” Before Seulgi could finish her sentence, Jungkook had already pull Seulgi by her wrist and tug her closer to him. “I can show you.” They are too close. Their faces are inches apart that Seulgi thinks she could count the numbers of his eyelashes. “Uh..That wouldn’t be necessary now let go.” Jungkook lets out a loud laugh and Seulgi’s face went from confused to displease. “My guts telling me you’re just shy.”

 

“Well, your guts are wrong.” She huffed, pushing away the taller.

 

“Oh come on, Seulgi. Just one dance. You are shy, aren’t you?” Jungkook is already grinning like madness and that irritated Seulgi to no end. Pfft.Shy?

“Fine!”

 

 

Taking a step backwards, Jungkook stretches out his hand. She eyes his hands for a while before taking a step forward and slides her hand softly and fitting into Jungkook’s. The younger’s smirks fades but is replaced with a fond smile. A thousand Years by Christina Perri starts playing in the background and Seulgi mentally curses herself why did she agree to do this. She’s trying so hard to avoid the latter’s eye contact but Jungkook had never stopped gazing at her. There was an obvious gap between them and without further thinking, Jungkook snake his arms around Seulgi’s waist and pull her closer to his body. Even though, Jungkook’s face is playful, but deep inside he feels like he is going to explode.

Her eyes went wide as she stumbles and her body leans on Ju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter