Back

Our Love Notes [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

4.7k words

 

 

“Jungkook”

 

Seulgi could almost swear that the colour of her face drains at the sight of Jungkook. Oh what luck. The sound of chair screeching was so loud that all of the students’ eyes were on Jungkook and his extremely wide grin.

Excusing herself once again, she quickly storms out of the room. If she hears correctly, she could hear Mrs. Jung is scolding Jungkook to sit down. Her heart is beating dangerously fast. Never in her mind that she thought of all places, would she meet Jungkook here in her new workplace.

She just wants to get out of this place right now.

 

Behind her, Bogum is slowly catching up to her. “Why are you so fast?” the taller frowns.

“Aha nothing I just..um have to go to the café. Isn’t it almost time?”

Bogum glances at his wristwatch. It’s not yet even lunch time. “You actually have a plenty of time. But if you want to go, I’ll take you there.” Seulgi sends him a grateful smile which Bogum immediately reciprocate. They were almost out from the library when Bogum fails to find his car keys in his pocket. Seulgi stared at him worriedly. Did he forget his keys?

“I must have left it in the office. You stay here, alright?”

The idea was great not until she remembered that Jungkook is still in the library. She was about to protest but her aching legs tells her otherwise. Eventually, she nods and Bogum is out of her sight.

Since she has to wait for Bogum, she might as well just scan the library again. It’s definitely a huge and beautiful library. Crazy to think that a library such as this is merely for a high school. Wait— elite high school. Seulgi could only dream to send Yeri here once she grows up.

 

Suddenly, she feels a tug on her arm and immediately is turned around to face with a smiling boy. Seulgi could only blink her eyes as she cranes her neck to stare at Jungkook.

“Hey.” The younger pants. It doesn’t take a wild guess to figure out that Jungkook must have sprinted his way to Seulgi as soon as his class ended.

 

“Hi.” She replies unsurely.

His hand is still holding onto Seulgi’s arm. Wow . He couldn’t believe his eyes that Seulgi is in front of him. Of all places they could meet again. “So you work here now. I guess I’ll be seeing you more often, right?” With that statement being said, Seulgi mentally curses. It’s not like they weren’t seeing each other very often in the café. “How did you find this school though?” he continues.

“I.. It was my friend’s idea actually. All thanks to him that I’m here.” She said nervously. Jungkook couldn’t stop grinning while he is staring at Seulgi. The girl has been occupying most of his thoughts lately and he doesn’t know how to control himself.

Something in him clicks.

“About last time..” Jungkook releases his hold on Seulgi’s arm. “I’m sorry about that.”

Suddenly, the floor seems to be much more interesting at the moment. Seulgi’s eyes couldn’t meet Jungkook’s as her mind is blank. Literally, she doesn’t know what to say. Heck, she didn’t even expect Jungkook to give up that easily. No, it’s not like she is disappointed or anything. It’s just that Jungkook doesn’t look like someone who would give up easily.

Finally, Seulgi sighs and look at the younger. “It’s… okay. We’ll forget that happened.”

Jungkook bit his lip. “Then, can we stay friends? I still want to get to know you though.” Before Seulgi could answer, two boys are already shoving Jungkook to the side, startling Seulgi.

“Noona! We meet again!” Sehun exclaims while pulling Kihyun by his side. “This is Kihyun. You didn’t get to meet him the other day.”

The red haired boy, Kihyun, nods to Seulgi which Seulgi automatically smiles. Kihyun looks adorable, she thought. Another member in the monolid family.

“So I take this as the famous Seulgi. Did you know, Jungkook has been— ”

“— thinking that his friends should get going to the next class.” Jungkook immediately interferes while holding Kihyun in a headlock. Seulgi chuckles at this sight.

Oh how she misses being in school. Even though it was a bad memory, but there were some good memories too. But something is missing. Like there’s something or perhaps someone that Seulgi should be worried about.

 

Koo Junhoe. She remembers now.

 

Hesitantly, she walks over to Sehun (because he’s the only one not wrestling). “Where’s your other friend?”

The taller thinks for a while before snapping his fingers. “Ahh you mean Junhoe. He had class with our friend, Yugyeom. You’ll see him around since he’s the closest to Jungkook. But the five of us always sit together during lunch so you’ll be seeing us a lot too.”

“I’m not too sure about that. Last time I check, you don’t eat lunch at the library.” Seulgi affirmed.

Sehun chortles, shaking his head. “Last time I check, you work here which means Jungkook will be here often during free times.” He winks and Seulgi doesn’t know whether to grimace or laugh. Eventually, the two wrestling boys stop and goes back to give their attention to Seulgi. It is Kihyun’s turn to talk to Seulgi. “Is Mr. Park your boyfriend, Seulgi noona?”

Even though Kihyun knows the answer, but he was just asking just to push Jungkook’s buttons. It is worth it though because Jungkook’s head snapped towards Kihyun so fast and he swears Jungkook’s death glare could burn anyone.

Seulgi, however, looks like she was about to laugh. “Oh God, no. Irene would kill me if she hears that. Bogum or what you boys call him, Mr. Park is actually my friend.”

 

Everyone is silent for a while and it made Seulgi tilted her head in confusion.

“Wait, you mean… Mr. Park is the boyfriend of Irene noona? The one Sehun tries to flirt with?!” Jungkook bewilders.

It takes Seulgi a moment to understand what Jungkook was saying. Her mind wanders off to her first encounter with Jungkook in the café. She had thought Jungkook was the one trying to flirt with Irene. To this, she chuckles because Sehun already looked like he’s on the verge to pass out.

 

“No way! How did we not even think it’s the same Bogum!”

 

“Oooooo~ Sehun. You’re dead if he finds out.” Another teasing.

 

“Guess who won’t be passing his Biology test~”

 

Sehun is already shaking from head to toe while his friends are having the time of their life. He looks at Seulgi for assurance but fails miserably. “Well, I remember clearly telling Jungkook the other day that you don’t want to mess with Irene’s boyfriend,”

A glint of betrayal passes through Sehun’s eyes and Seulgi couldn’t help but shakes in laughter. Speaking of the devil, Bogum arrives at the scene with a bright smile on his face. Surprisingly, Seulgi enjoys their conversation that she had forgotten about Bogum.

“Hello, boys. Hope you are not bothering Miss Kang here too much,” he chirped.

Jungkook only smirk before answering. “Not at all, Mr. Park. As a matter of fact, we are actually welcoming her to our beautiful school.”

“But Mr. Park..” Kihyun paused while sending telepathy messages to Jungkook. The latter immediately knows what he means and simultaneously, they both exclaim. “Did you know, Sehun used to—”

Sehun shrieked and quickly covered both of their mouths. Since, Sehun is the tallest, he can easily hold both of them on each of his side. The boys squirm in his arms, trying to free themselves but Sehun’s having none of that. He can’t risk his Biology marks.

Shaking her head, Seulgi decided to have mercy on Sehun. She pulled Bogum by the wrist and heads out after bidding them goodbye which Jungkook vigorously wave at Seulgi (with his mouth still covered).

 

 

 

 

Seulgi is still grinning as she walks with Bogum to his car. One thing for sure, her morning did not go as she expected. But it’s not necessarily a bad thing, she thought. Part of her is relief and glad that her relationship with Jungkook is going back the way it used to. However, another part of her is unsettled.

Did Jungkook really put an end towards his feelings? Everything just seems so fast for her. Never once in her life since she graduated high school had ever a man or a boy would take interest in her. Maybe Jungkook wasn’t serious afterall, she thought solemnly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seulgi arrives at the café early than she intended. Well, Jungkook is to be blame. After much thinking, she decides to fetch Yeri from her kindergarten and walk her to her nursery. If she was not mistaken, it’s been quite a long time since she did so. Pulling out her phone, she calls her cousin to inform that she would be the one picking Yeri up from school.

Upon seeing her mother, Yeri eagerly jumps into her mother’s embraces. Her adorable smile decorates her face and Seulgi couldn’t be any happier. As they are on their way to the nursery, Seulgi takes note on how the smile slowly slips off from Yeri’s face. In time, Yeri’s footsteps became slower. “What’s wrong, honey?” Seulgi kneels down so that she is on the same eye level her daughter.

“Don’t want....to go to nursery” the little girl sniffs.

“But you have to. Mama got work later.”

Yeri starts to fiddle with her fingers. Through this action alone Seulgi knows her daughter feels unhappy about something. The little girl then pulls the hem of Seulgi’s blouse. “Mama, Yeri wants to stay with Mama.”

Sighing, the only way to fulfill Yeri’s wish is to bring her to the café. She can’t remember when the last time Yeri had visited to her workplace. Before nursery, she would take Yeri to her work. It was quite a hassle because Yeri was so small at that time. Some places understood of her situation but some places got her fired for that reason.

Unfortunately, this would be the first time for Yeri to visit the café. So, Seulgi is quite nervous about it. She just hopes that the head of the café won’t make a surprise visit.

 

 

 

 

 

A soon as they arrive, she immediately tucks Yeri to sit in one of the booths and pull out her coloring books and pencils. It’s kind of worrisome because it’s hard to monitor her from afar. If it weren’t for the small kitchen and narrow store, she would’ve kept Yeri closer. However, due to that reason, Yeri wouldn’t be comfortable.

She was about to take the next customer’s order until her eyes land on the familiar school uniform. What she didn’t expect is to lock gaze with the one and only Jeon Jungkook.

“You look stunned to see me.” The taller chuckles as he says his order. Seulgi was immobile for a while before keying in the latter’s order. "I didn’t expect to see you here."

The taller only scoffs as he pulls out his bills. It amuses Jungkook that Seulgi thought that he wouldn’t step in this café any sooner. "You say that like it's my first time coming here."

No words were exchange later and Jungkook doesn't mind. He was about to sit at his regular seat until his eyes catches on someone very familiar. Someone very small. And cute. Automatically, his body goes to the booth where he sees the little girl talking by herself while colouring her book.

Hah! It is her. Jungkook wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter