Light Green

Our Love Notes [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The first time Jungkook saw her, she was wearing a red coat and a flower pin securing her hair from falling down her face. She wasn’t quite short but she wasn’t tall either. Her eyebrows furrowed in panic and Jungkook had never seen someone panting really hard while hugging a little girl.

 

“You scared me! How could you, Yeri?! Don’t ever run from me again!” the woman in red shouted, and Jungkook took note how hoarse her voice was. With one last look, Jungkook turns away and start dragging his limbs to the opposite direction. Looking down at his wristwatch, he sure as hell knows it was going be another day in detention at school.

It wasn’t that he took interest in the scene he witness earlier. It just happened that he was on his way to school that he heard a screeching tire and a woman shouting. As he turned his head to the direction of the sounds, he saw how the woman had run to the little girl’s direction. Fortunately, the driver of the car managed to stop in time before crashing into the little girl.

Not every day you get to witness such scene. But it had him thinking too. What if the car didn’t manage to stop in time? What if that was the last time the woman get to see her sister? Was the girl really her sister?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It is school recess time and he is more than thankful to be out of classes than hearing teachers blabbering at the front. He plops down on the cafeteria seat and lays his head on his crossed arms. It’s impossible to sleep in the cafeteria. The noises, chatters, and girls screaming. Bringing his head up and scanning the cafeteria for his friends, he manage to catch a few girls who are whispering and glancing at his direction. This is normal for him. It would be a lie if he does not have a few girls fawning over him. To be expected since he hangs out with the soccer team. When he couldn’t spot his friends, he opted to bury his face in his crossed arms once again.

 

 

 

“Please tell me you didn’t get another detention.”

 

Well, he’s here.

 

He looks up; rubbing the tiredness off his eyes and meets the owner of the voice. “What makes you say that, Yugyeom?” The brunette scoffs. Putting down his tray on the table, he goes to unwraps his sandwich and starts munching it.

“The fact that you were missing in first period and Junhoe said he heard some girls were talking about how ‘manly Jungkook oppa while cleaning the windows’ ” Yugyeom said while purposely making his voice higher.  A smile spread across Jungkook’s face. “What can I say, those girls do have a great taste in men” he smirked.

 

A banana was thrown and unfortunately (for jungkook) he failed to dodge the attack so the fruit landed painfully on his head.

 

 

“OUCH! What the hell, man?!”

 

“Don’t change the subject. Come on. Tell me!”

 

his head to ease the pain and he sighs. “What to tell you? I just woke up late, Yugyeom. That’s all.” Yugyeom’s face turns from curious to concern. To be honest, Jungkook hates that expression. Because Yugyeom is a lively person and he is the type to tease and pull pranks. But being friends for 9 years, it’s natural to feel concern with each other but he doesn't want to worry the latter.

Upon seeing his bestfriend’s frown, he sends a tight lip smile. “Hey, it’s really nothing. It’s just………Yugyeom, you don’t need me to explain, right?

 

Yugyeom nods his head and goes to pat Jungkook’s hand.

 

“I know, Jeon”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Honestly, Sehun. Where are you taking us?” Kihyun groans.

 

Not one of them knows where they are heading to. All they know is that Sehun had insisted to try out a new café down the street. The weather is too cold. Jungkook thanks the Heavens that he is wearing thick layers of clothes or he will end up freezing.

 

“I told you. We must try the café down the streets. The coffee is good!” Sehun said excitedly.

 

Junhoe goes near the taller and smacks the back of his head, earning a “pakk” sound.

 

“Hey! What’s that for?! “Sehun whines while rubbing his abused head.

 

“No one here drinks coffee and certainly not you,the baby of the group.” Junhoe unamusedly replies.

 

“I bet my money he is ogling the workers over there” Jungkook shouts, pulling his wallet out and raising it in the air.

 

“ 20, 000 won if it’s the boss!”

 

“My bet on if she works at the counter as cashier today!”

 

The boys start to discuss noisily about their so call bet and had Sehun scrunching his face. “Yall are mean to me!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When the door is open, the scent of coffee starts to enter his nose. Even though he is not a coffee person, but the smell of coffee is somehow pleasant. He scans the coffee shop. The walls are bright green and the furniture looks new.

 

Ahh! Probabbly a new shop.

 

The five of them sit at the circular table near the cashier. Jungkook took one glance at Sehun, and he immediately knows that he lost the bet. He pulls out his 20, 000 won from his wallet and throws it at Junhoe.

“I guess you’re right. The girl is working as cashier today” Jungkook casually said.

The others groan and take out their money and hand it to the boy. Junhoe collects all the money and make salute gesture while clicking his tongue. Of course, why would Sehun come all the way to a coffee shop, after school, if it’s not because of a girl? A very pretty girl, matter of fact. Her hair is strawberry blonde, standard fair skin, double eyelids. Definitely Sehun’s type.

The boys fall into chatters about school and also dancing academy or how they are finally graduating high school this year. Jungkook wouldn’t say he is ecstatic; he doesn’t have a reason to as why he should be. It would mean more of a burden as responsibilities finally going to kick in to his life. He would rather stay 18 (though he prefers not to go to school ). He falls deep into his thoughts; he didn’t notice the boys are looking at him.

 

“Earth to Jungkook!”

 

“Yes??”

 

Sehun rolls his eyes. “Did you hear what I just said?!”

 

Not wanting to put up with whiny Sehun, he thoughtlessly nods. He can see the others grinning and he is starting to question himself whether did he get into trouble.

 

“Urmmmm……what did I get myself into again?” he asked.

 

“Basically, loser, you agree on talking to the lady and ask for her number for this coward baby” Yugyeom explains, ignoring Sehun’s Hey!. Jungkook’s face grimaces in disbelief. “And why the hell should I do that for you? You want it, you go get it!”

 

Sehun drags his hand across his face and look straight to Jungkook, “Jungkook, look at me! I look like a mess! I don’t look presentable at all! If I go talk to her now, it will be embarrassing for me!”

The group falls into a fit of laughter looking at Sehun’s misery. Well except for Jungkook, because he is very certain he won’t get to escape the blonde’s request. What Sehun wants, Sehun gets. Or else all four of them are going to hear his endless whines.

 

“Fine! Make sure you name your son in the future after me for being such a good friend to you!” with that he stands up and makes his way to the counter.

 

 

 

 

 

Stupid! Stupid! Stupid Oh Sehun! He chants internally until he reaches the counter.

“Hello, Welcome to RV Bingsu & Cafe!” the woman, whose name is Irene, as written on her tag said cheerfully. Jungkook lips pressed into a thin line as he honestly, is clueless on how to do his task. He settles on just ordering 5 hot cocoa for his friends and hands over the money bill.

This is burdening, Jungkook feels like he wants the ground to swallow him. But a mission is a mission. Jeon Jungkook does not back away from challenge. So he composes himself and start looking more confident.

 

“Irene ssi.”

 

The worker looks up to him in surprise.“Oh yes, can I help you again?”

 

“You see my fri-”

 

He couldn’t finish what he was saying because another girl appears next to her and said; “Excuse for a moment. Irene, Joy said she needs your help at the back! Only you know how to take care of it.”

 

Irene nods and mumbles a soft ‘alright’ before heading to the back of the café.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jungkook stood there dumbly as he stares at Irene’s retreating back.

“Yes, how can I help you?” the lady with dark brown hair asks him brightly. Somewhere in his head says that the woman looks familiar but he couldn’t concentrate as he heard a fit of giggles behind him.

He turns around and sees his group of friends trying to hold their laughters, except for Sehun who looks like he wanted cry in disappointment. Thankfully there was no one queuing behind him. Jungkook was deep in his embarrassing moment,he forgot that the lady is still in front him. He slowly turns his attention back to the brown hair lady and her face was………confused? But as she looks over his shoulder at the laughing boys, her face immediately turns into an expression which Jungkook recognize so well; annoyed.

 

“Um….” Jungkook trails off…

 

“I’m guessing you’re trying to hit on my friend, just now?” The lady’s cheery voice is now flat and Jungkook gulps at this.

 

“Oh No! Actually -”

 

“It wasn’t the first time though. But just so you know, she has a boyfriend and his name is Bogum. I’ll tell you this; you really don’t want to mess with him” she said casually.

 

There’s a deafening silence surrounding them. He doesn’t know how to react, except he is mentally killing Sehun in his head for putting him in this situation. Without himself realizing, he is actually staring at the lady in front. That’s when it hits him.

 

 

Red coat. Car. And little girl.

 

 

He guesses the lady in front of him aware that he is staring and probably she feels uncomfortable because Jungkook sees her fidgeting behind the counter. Without further embarrassment, he took his buzzer and turns around after saying a soft “Thank you.”

 

He makes his way back to his table and sends a glare at Sehun.

 

“What? Did you at least get her name?” Sehun asks while tugging Jungkook’s arm.

 

Jungkook scoffs and rolls his eyes.

 

 

“Yeah, I did. And I also got her boyfriend’s name.”

 

 

Oh Sehun wants to cry while his friends are already tearing up of laughter.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter