Offline Date

Here Lies YoonYul

Yoona was in her last schedule for the day—a photoshoot.

 

The crews are preparing for the next exposure and were setting up the set. Some of them were busy checking the lightings while the others were scrambling over to get to the goddess model.

 

“You’re doing good, Yoona-ssi..” Mark, the stylist, remarked.

 

“As always of her..” the make-up artist Cindy furthered with a proud grin.

 

Yoona could only smile warmly at the kind words. She had acquainted herself to such praises throughout the years of being a public person.

 

Yes. She is glad that everybody seemed to appreciate the things she’s doing.

 

But there are still times when all she would want was a simple smile of someone to assure her that she is greater than expected.

 

And that time seemed to be at this point.

 

In as much as she is happy to be bombarded with such compliments, both as Lim Yoona and SNSD’s Yoona, right now all she wanted was a flattering remark of a certain someone she had never seen for days.

 

Too bad this certain someone is busier than her lately, leaving Yoona staring at her phone after getting a quick call and a short message.

 

Yoona managed to give a little bow to the staffs before climbing up on a chair and facing the mirror. They are about to paint her face for another theme she is yet to depict.

 

Just then, the doe-eyed woman’s manager popped out of nowhere.

 

“I don’t know how you manage to do that all this time, but you did great out there Yoona. It got me to stop thinking that it’s almost midnight now with how impressive your poses were.” the man said with a teasing grin, handing out the model’s bag.

 

“Eyyy…” Yoona smiled, “What’s with you? Are you high or something? You rarely compliments me, oppa..”

 

The man shrugged and chuckled, realizing what the girl just said was true. “Yeah, you’re right. Tssss. Maybe I’m just sleepy.”

 

With the mention of the word, Yoona unconsciously let out a cute yawn, stretching as wide as she can to somehow let out the drowsiness.

 

“Do you want me to get you a coffee?” her manager asked.

 

Turning her head, Yoona pouted cutely, “Please.”

 

With a grin, her manager nodded, “Alright kiddo..” and walked out, wondering how he ended up babysitting a toddler trapped inside a stunning woman’s body.

 

“We’re gonna leave you for a moment Yoona-ssi. Please take a rest for the next set of photoshoot.” The make-up artist who redid Yoona’s make-up announced, patting the girl’s shoulder before bidding goodbye.

 

The Lim bowed her head at the retreating figure before turning her head back to the mirror.

 

You’re gorgeous…

 

Yoona smiled at the cocky words she remembered hearing from a member. And it never failed to put a smile on her face whenever she would recall.

 

You’re gorgeous… and you’re mine.

 

Kwon Yuri.

 

That player.

 

Yoona tugged her lips upwards at the thought of her girlfriend, Yuri.

 

The woman is one of the things that kept Yoona going. Well, one of the few things that is.

 

If it weren’t for Yuri, Yoona could have lost her identity long before they became an established, wildly popular, and economically profitable girl group of South Korea. The girl was her guidance, her light through the dark days of her life as a celebrity in the limelight. Yuri’s existence itself reminds her of the very simple thing she wanted when they were young: contentment.

 

Yuri is her contentment. The calmness of the storm going inside Yoona. She was her medicine.

 

But her drug has been out of sight recently. Yuri was always occupied with her own schedules especially on her ongoing drama.

 

Yoona is so proud of her. So, so proud of her girlfriend for landing a role in a drama this year. Just like her, her girl aspired in becoming an actress too. She remembered Yuri once telling her that she could see herself playing a part of some badass chick kicking some bad boys’ asses. And Yoona could not be happier when Yuri somehow realized this dream of hers in one of the scenes of her current drama.

 

Although a couple of back pain was her girl’s reward after that hot -kicking scene, Yoona could not wipe off the pleased smile on her face hearing how thrilled Yuri was telling her about the experience while the latter’s getting a massage from her. The twinkle in Yuri’s eyes was to die for, Yoona was sure of that.

 

However, not all days are good days.

 

And for the purpose and intention of how Lim Yoona defines it, not good days denotes the great amount of time being separated with Yuri that it’s starting to take a toll on her poor, little Yul-sick heart.

 

Yes. You’ve read it right.

 

Yul-sick.

 

Yoona is Yulsick.

 

Because for the record, they haven’t seen each other since the Phantasia concert.

 

And it’s like weeks ago!

 

Though, thanks to those lazy geniuses who invented smartphones and Kakaotalk, she could keep in touch with her kkabYul through such mediums. They chat. They talk. They exchange fervent remarks of affection. But still, it won’t satisfy Yoona’s need for Yuri.

 

Yoona misses the way Yuri would nuzzle her head on the crook of her neck when she’s cold; Yuri’s addicting scent the doe-eyed girl would usually drown herself into; her girlfriend’s enticing brown eyes that would make her want to stare at it her whole life; the way Yuri would touch her and make her feel like the most special girl in the world.

 

She misses everything about Yuri.

 

And it’s not helping that all she is getting are photos and gifs of her girlfriend through Kakaotalk—exposing through images how and what her tanned woman is doing—which by the way was dubbed by Yuri as their online date.

 

As Yuri justified it, it was called an online date because it was, due to their hectic and not overlapping schedules, only through the internet surface they get to check on each other. And the cyberworld eventually became their intangible rendezvous to greet each other hello’s, know how each other’s day went and pronounce their undying affection for one another.

 

I know right? Yoona too doesn’t get Yuri’s weirdness sometimes.

 

Wondering of how her girl went off throughout the day, Yoona reached for the bag her manager handed over. She fished out her phone from her purse and immediately swiped the screen. The angelic model then raised the gadget just above her head, ready for a selfie.

 

Smiling that megawatt smile that made all males (and females) in Korea and the world swoon, she pressed and the camera clicked. She fiddled on her phone a little bit longer before placing it on top of the make-up desk, smirking in anticipation.

 

Kekekeke. I wonder if she’s still awake.

 

Soon enough, her phone vibrated—and Yoona’s sleepy state suddenly dissipated into thin air for it was replaced with a smile that can turn rains into sunshine.

 

From Yuri baby: I was asleep and I woke up to the image of an angel smiling at me. Am I dead?

 

Damn you Kwon Yuri and your cheesy pick-up lines.

 

“Paboo..” Yoona muttered as she giggled, staring at her phone a little longer trying to absorb what Yuri just sent her.

 

Split seconds later, a picture popped out on the chat box she was looking at. And if her smile could even get wider, Yoona would take the chances because the image Yuri just sent her was way too endearing for her to take.

 

The tanned woman was on her stomach, staring at the camera with her dozy eyes, pouting that healthy, pink lower lip of hers, obliviously making Yoona’s yearning turn a notch higher.

 

Damn you Kwon Yuri and your seductive lips!

 

A message followed soon after.

 

From Yuri baby: I miss you my Yoongie! T.T

 

With this, Yoona’s grin slowly dwindled down, turning a little bit sadder every second that passed.

 

“I miss you too..” she whispered silently, blinking her eyes sadly at her phone.

 

This is just one of the numerous problems of having a celebrity partner.

 

Oh wait, let us qualify that statement: the problem of having a secret relationship with a member in the group who happened to be a girl.

 

They must be used to this, Yoona knew that. They’ve been hiding this for the entire years of being a member of the nation’s girl group. They have sacrificed and broke down a lot just to get to this point. So what makes this a little harder than the past circumstances?

 

Oh right. Yoona almost forgot.

 

She had to go through a relationship with a very kind oppa just to hide the burning emotion she felt with Yuri that caused a great effect on her liaison with the tanned woman.

 

Knowing that the Korean society is far from accepting such kind of relationship, Yoona took a risk. She publicly went out with the unflawed and admired brother of South Korea—a very good choice for a dubbed goddess and the picture-perfect center of the nation’s girl group—to cover her true feelings and identity.

 

Over a year, she pretended to be fond of Seunggi when they go out. She tried listening to his jokes and laugh at them with all due respect for the man she was literally taking advantage of. Seunggi really seemed to love her and he never failed to show Yoona how much he wanted her.

 

And it was also over a year that she got a taste of her own medicine—a cold shoulder from Yuri.

 

Yes.

 

They might have been okay and still looked attached to each other on stage, but when the lights turned down and no fans would see, Yuri would openly ignore her. The members noticed this.

 

Of course they do.

 

But they never spoke a thing. All of them seemed to have acquired Taeyeon’s habit of keeping things to herself when they would feel the cold atmosphere Yuri would emit when Yoona was around.

 

No one dared to voice out.

 

Until one evening when she came home late at night, just when she was about to wash up after her long-day schedule, Yoona got a call from Taeyeon.

 

Yuri’s in the dorm. She’s a mess and she’s been calling out your name since she came. You need to come and fix this, Yoong.

 

Yoona remembered rushing out of her house and ignoring the call of her father, not even recalling of hanging up on Taeyeon as she mindlessly and almost immediately flew away to see Yuri. On her way, Yoona remembered crying her heart out throughout her drive for the things she’d done to take her relationship with Yuri to this point.

 

She knew. It was all her fault.

 

When she got into their old dorm, Yoona was greeted with four short people trying to pacify a wasted Yuri who was holding a bottle of beer in her hand. She remembered the four short people staring at her for a moment before letting go of their grip from the thrashing Kwon who calmed all of a sudden after sensing a presence of a certain doe-eyed woman.

 

Yoona recalled trying to hold back her tears as she saw how lifeless and worn out Yuri looked like. She recalled slowly dragging her feet towards the stunned Kwon and eventually got hold of the bottle of beer Yuri tried to keep away from the short people.

 

They locked gazes—Yoona and Yuri—and none of the things seemed to matter when they hold their stares to look at each other’s eyes—something that they stopped doing since Yoona dated Seunggi.

 

Yoona remembered how Yuri eventually let go of her tight grip on the bottle and looked away from her stare—with a broken heart and a shattered soul consuming her.

 

The doe-eyed girl reminisced how she gently sauntered to stand beside the wasted Yuri and how she weakly stooped down to the level of the seated Kwon to look at her frail eyes.

 

Yoona recalled wrapping her arms lovingly around the most precious belonging she ever had and remembered how, despite reeking of alcohol, Yuri’s addicting strawberry scent filled her nostrils instead.

 

That’s when Yuri suddenly shook. The mighty, cold Kwon suddenly broke down and cried right under Yoona’s arms and in front of the tearing short people who just witnessed a drama-like scene of Yoona and Yuri’s love story.

 

And just when the doe-eyed girl thought that things will be fine when Yuri was gradually turning into her old self again and promised to fix the shattered things between the two of them, Yoona found out a week after that the tanned girl was dating Oh Seung Hwan, the famous pitcher of the Doosan Bears.

 

She confirmed the news from Sunny and Tiffany when she decided to sleep over one rainy night.

 

Yoona remembered calling Yuri on that very night to hear it from the girl herself and was coolly answered by the Kwon with a pleasing yes. Yuri seemed to be really happy when she affirmed to the doe-eyed girl her relationship with Seung Hwan.

 

The tanned girl even said that she never felt so comfortable with a man other than her father and her older brother and apologized to Yoona for not telling her sooner. Yuri said that she was troubled of what will be her reaction and was anxious if the doe-eyed girl was fine of her dating Seung Hwan, considering that the man’s features are not as outstanding as anyone thought SNSD’s Yuri would prefer.

 

Yoona even remembered how the Kwon insisted that Seung Hwan was a gentleman and kind and that he takes care of her a lot. Yuri said that Yoona’s reaction would matter most and that she would want to be ready just in case she disapproves.

 

But of course, who was Yoona to reject someone who turned the depressed Yuri into the jolly kid that she used to be? It was even because of her why the tanned woman almost fell off the edge of sanity. So with a heavy heart, Yoona congratulated Yuri and wished her happiness.

 

With that, they had to go through another hell of roller coaster ride in their relationship.

 

Only during that time, it was Yoona who was dying instead.

 

It was her then who had restless nights, crying.

 

It was her then who began losing her appetite and alarmed almost everyone for she was a known shikshin.

 

It was her then who had drown herself drinking and getting wasted practically every night.

 

It was her turn to go crazy.

 

And this shot—the seemingly last chance they have to fix their scarred hearts—is the result of Yoona’s break-up with Seunggi after the doe-eyed girl suddenly became indifferent; Yuri being all emotional for not knowing and her absence during the time Yoona needed her the most; and Seung Hwan getting all pissed when Yuri started bailing him out on their dates to accompany Yoona instead—to which eventually lead to their break-up.

 

Yoona believed that fate brought her and Yuri back together—that a divine providence made all things possible for the two of them to be in each other’s arms again. And she doesn’t want to screw it anymore.

 

The Lim will do anything to make Yuri stay.

 

Albeit being difficult.

 

Yoona was just thinking about taking a picture of where she is for Yuri to know when her phone began blaring and ringing.

 

Yuri was calling all of a sudden.

 

“Hi” was what she immediately picked up after answering on the second ring.

 

“Hi..”

 

Yoona missed this. She misses hearing Yuri’s voice.

 

“Where are you?”

 

“Photoshoot.”

 

There was a quick pause on the side of Yuri before she continued, “This late?”

 

Yoona nodded. But remembering that Yuri can’t see her gesture, she replied with a hum.

 

“Well, you better be home before 1 am. I don’t want you not getting enough rest”

 

The deer rolled her eyes at the statement. Yeah right.

 

“Says the girl who goes home at 4 am”

 

“That’s because I’m shooting a drama. I’m an exception..”

 

“There’s no exception in getting sick.”

 

“Well you know how a health-freak I am. So you don’t have to worry about that, Yoong..”

 

“Whatever, unniee..”

 

She then heard a light chuckle from the other line before Yoona herself let out small fits of giggle.

 

“Just don’t get sick, please..” Yoona silently pleaded, a pout cutely forming on those luscious, pink lips. The last thing she want is for her always fit girlfriend being ill. Yuri being ill is bad news.

 

“I can see your pout from here, Yoong. It makes me want to kiss you more..”

 

Yuri’s teasing really triggers something in Yoona. She cannot deny that. Even though she wanted to stay mad a little bit longer, Yuri’s antics just makes a way to her heart and melts every fiber of coldness.

 

“And I cannot kiss you if you’re sick. You want that?”

 

“No! Of course not! That’s why I’m not and will not get sick, baby. I swear..”

 

This and the few other subtle and senseless ways of spending time with each other makes YoonYul relationship even more awesome.

 

“Hey, have you read my reply?” Yuri asked after their rubbish snickers died down. Yoona raised a brow of confusion.

 

“What reply?”

 

“Geez. You’re really getting old, Yoong.. My reply to your comment on my post in Instagram?”

 

It took Yoona a pause and few blinks to recall what her girlfriend was talking about.

 

“Oh… Oh! That comment.. Well, what about it?”

 

“Well, I’ve replied. You should go and see it.”

 

Yoona once again raised a brow on this, “Why can’t you just tell me what you wrote? It’ll be easier for me, you know..”

 

“Aigoo, this kid. Go and see it yourself, okay? Then tell me what you think..”

 

“But—“

 

“Yoona, it’s time for the last set of photoshoot.”

 

For the love of cookies, their manager has to appear all of a sudden and ruin the conversation she was having with Yuri. Yoona could only sigh in defeat.

 

“I-I gotta go, baby. I got last rounds to do.”

 

Yuri let out a desperate sigh, or that’s what how it sounded in Yoona’s ears. “Alright. Do great out there. And remember: you’re gorgeous and—“

 

“I’m yours. All yours, Kwon Yul..”

 

A chuckle resounded once again in the ears of Yoona. Just when would Yuri stop seducing her with her melodic laughter?

 

“Alright. Off you go my little monster. Don’t forget to check your instagram later..”

 

“Arasso..”

 

When Yuri hang up,  Yoona could only smile in contentment for having heard Yuri’s voice after all the tiring, long day and crease her brows in confusion as to why her girlfriend is so into her instagram comment.

 

“Just what is this girl up to?”

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

“Offline date, huh?? Sounds… intimate…”

 

“Unniee!”

 

Snickers and giggles echoed in the spacious living room of SNSD’s dorm. Yoona decided to stop over the lair of their four members to take a nap before driving to her next schedule.

 

However, getting a rest would be a little bit impossible with loud cheers and teases coming from her unnies.

 

And this is all Kwon Yuri’s fault.

 

“Oh come on, Yoong. Don’t tell me your mind didn’t go green for a second after reading Yuri’s reply?” It was Sunny, the elbow-eating danshin, who attacks Yoona with her PG-18 doctrine for the second time.

 

A tomato would be ashamed to call its color red if it sees how Yoona was blushing madly. “Of course not! I’m not like you Sunny unnie!”

 

Another wave of laughter roared inside the dorm before monster Kyu retaliated again, “What did you think of then?”

 

“Nothing! I-I..” the Lim flailed her hands in the air, trying to find an answer through her gestures but found none. She could only sigh in defeat.

 

“I think Yuri unnie is really crazy for asking me out on a date through her SNS.. Ugh!”

 

Yoona faced-palm this time. She could still hear the giggles of her unnies joining her on the couch but the blaring beat of her heart was louder enough to make her head pound.

 

Aish. Kwon Yuri and her never-ending surprises.

 

“But seriously..” Taeyeon was coming from the kitchen with a glass of water in her hand and dipped on the couch beside Yoona, “..Yuri is getting braver and braver when it comes to you, Yoong. I salute her..”

 

“Yeah..” Hyoyeon added, “That couple ring thing in Channel Soshi is definitely the topper..”

 

Taeyeon, Sunny and Hyoyeon started fussing over the much surprising ploy where Kwon Yuri amazes everyone in the group and the whole YoonYul shippers with her oppa moves once and for all.

 

But the very girl whom the tanned girl dedicated her romantic gesture was long gone deaf to the hullabaloos happening around her for she is more to recalling that one particular event which made her feel like the most special girl in the world.

 

 

 

“You’ve worked hard! Thank you so much!”

 

Soshi members happily chirped their gratitude and thank you’s to the staff and crew who filmed everything for their current variety show. At last, the filming was done and they are set to get their rest before KCON.

 

It has been a memorable day for the girls as this episode gave them the chance to give out presents to their manitos especially that it has been awhile since they personally allocated some time to buy presents for the members.

 

The filming must have ended and some of the Soshis are already cheekily discussing their long and worthwhile day. But one certain doe-eyed girl is still in her bag of glee as she stared down at the glimmering piece of accessory encircling her finger.

 

The couple ring Yuri gave her.

 

“So..” a husky voice made Yoona look up from her happy cloud. “You seem to like it a lot..”

 

It was Yuri with her dazzling smile. This made the Im smile back with the same, equal intensity as the Kwon’s.

 

“Very..”

 

The two broke into a heartfelt fits of giggle as they stared lovingly at each other.

 

Yoona felt rather privileged than just a mere attachment with the gift. She was hinting that the Kwon could be her secret manito with the way the girl had been acting since they came to shop. But she never imagined that Yuri would be giving out such sweet thing for everyone to see.

 

“You do know that this episode will be aired on national television, right?” the doe-eyed girl asked.

 

She received a confident hum from the girl opposite of her and a nod. “I am very much aware of that.”

 

“Hmm.. I wonder what would be SeungHwan oppa’s reaction if he sees this..” the Im said with a hint of tease as she shrugged.

 

“Oh let him think whatever he wants. What interests me more is the possible response of Seunggi oppa if he happened to watch the part where I was the one sliding that ring into your finger instead of him..”

 

It was Yuri who was shrugging now and from the looks of it, she seems to be winning this nonsense pseudo-argument they themselves are making.

 

“Yah Kwon Yuri..”

 

“Kekekeke..” Yuri grinned as she saw how the Im was pretending to get pissed. “You started it..”

 

“Tssss..” the Im could only snort.

 

“But seriously Yoong…that was…nerve-racking..”

 

“Was it? You looked so brave out there..”

 

“Well yeah.. I guess I mastered the art of masking my true emotions.. But my heart still beats so fast right now. I feared my shaking hands were captured by the camera..”

 

Eyeing the Kwon, Yoona felt the anxiety in the girl’s tone. Her eyes seemed to glow a hint of doubt and in her peripheral view, she could see Yuri’s hands fiddling with each other. It has always been like this whenever the girl would do something. She was always anxious.

 

And it was rather an adorable sight for the doe-eyed girl: seeing a nervous puppy.

 

“Hey..relax..”

 

“I am.. I-I’m just—“

 

Whatever word that was about to come out of Yuri’s mouth was immediately dissipated when she felt a tug on her fingers.

 

It was Yoona intertwining their hands together.

 

“Let’s take a picture of the rings unniee..”

 

It only took a megawatt smile from Yoona and a sparkling pair of doe-eyes to let the restlessness in Yuri fritter away

 

As the image of their interlocked fingers showing off their rings that signifies their burning desire for each other was captured by their camera, Yuri knew that her risk was worthy.

 

“Just so you know, Seunggi oppa said he always tunes in to watch Channel Soshi. So he’ll absolutely going to see your proposal on TV..”

 

“Hmm.. Serves him right for taking away what was rightfully mine..”

 

“Well, who said I’d let him take me away from you?”

 

 

 

 

 

“Yah Kwom Yowree!”

 

A loud, munching voice of a certain Choi broke the chain of thoughts the tanned lady has been into.

 

“Manners Choi! You’re 27 not a toddler! Sheessh..”

 

The said person grinned for a moment before rapidly swallowing the food in . Yuri could only squint her face at the messy sight that is Sooyoung. Their fashionsta image would definitely be ruined once a paparazzi photo of Sooyoung’s monstrous eating habits make it to national TV.

 

If you thought you’d seen her eat that much on videos, think again.

 

“Grumpy.. Anyway, to whom do I owe this visit of yours?”

 

Yuri watched the tallest person wipe her sauced face as she replied, “I need a help. Yoona and I are going on a date this Friday and I don’t know where to bring her..”

 

“Oh. That offline date you announced to the world through your instagram??”

 

“Yeah. That one..”

 

Sooyoung nodded. “Well I may say buddy, you are one heck of a smooth-talking, sneaky girlfriend. Way to get your girl say yes!”

 

“Of course Syoung. This is like the 100th chance given to us by fate to make amends and get back together. I want this to work. I want us to work..”

 

“You really love Yoona that much, huh?”

 

Suddenly, the shikshin’s tone turned softer when she blurted out her words. Her eyes glanced like a proud kid looking at her grown up daughter.

 

And Yuri doesn’t need to think twice for her response. “Is that even a question Choi Sooyoung?”

 

It was full of willpower and passion that the Choi could not sense any pretense and fakeness. Sooyoung could feel the zeal of Yuri’s love with her words and knew almost immediately that no one can break the bond the two lovebirds have created.

 

“Alright..” the tallest decided to set aside the bunch of food tempting her and faced Yuri with a determined face.

 

During the time that Yuri needed her the most, she never meddled—afraid that anymore intrusion of the two’s relationship would inflict greater impair to their already shattering hearts.

 

Yoona and Yuri have always set aside their mutual feeling of connection to each other for the group’s sake and Sooyoung was one of those who saw the real struggle of the couple behind the blinding lights of the cameras.

 

It was personally painful for her to watch her two bestfriends mask the soreness infront of the audience and fans whenever the two of them would get into a fight prior to a guesting or concert. It was affecting her when one of the two would agonizingly walk away when one would be paired up with an eligible bachelor.

 

It crushed her to discover that the both of them had to go date someone instead of each other just to conceal their honest feelings and run away from the condemnatory eyes of the public.

 

But now, Sooyoung had enough of those crap. She deemed that she should stop being a spectator.

 

She needs to get involve in order to see both Yuri and Yoona genuinely happy once and for all.

 

“You came to the right person Kwon Yuri. Mama Choi is here to help you.”

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

“Where are we going unniee?”

 

The night was young.

 

So as the two lovely ladies driving to a destination where the both of them could drown their souls with no one else’ presence but themselves.

 

“You will see. You’re one excited lad aren’t you?”

 

Yoona chuckled at the remark coming from her unnie. She is always enthusiastic when the two of them are together.

 

“Say, do you think there’ll be dispatch to spy on us when we got to our destination unnie?”

 

“Come on Yoong. That y dispatch even created a nine-member team to snoop on each one of us before. They’re that desperate. I’ll bet fifty bucks in them already trailing behind us now..”

 

Unconsciously, Yoona darted her eyes to the side mirrors to check if there’s any vehicle following them around.

 

“I could only hope for none unnie. I’ve always hated someone prying on my private business..” the girl spoke it in a way abhorrence would be clearly felt.

 

And Yuri gets it by the heart.

 

It was an unpleasant feeling in the gut to feel like you’re being followed all the time and cannot get the privacy you needed all because of the stupid fact that you’re a public person.

 

Can anyone be more considerate and think that they are still humans?

 

“Don’t worry. I won’t let them ruin our perfect night Yoong..”

 

With a squeeze on the hand, Yuri wanted to assure her girl that this night will not be ruined by those stupid paparazzis.

 

Soon enough, the car pulled over a tranquil street and Yoona has to look around an unfamiliar place where Yuri brought her.

 

“Where is this place Yuri unnie?”

 

But the Kwon just got herself out of the vehicle and walked to the passenger’s seat to open Yoona’s door for her.

 

“You will know once we get inside..”

 

The two of them are on a typical hamlet of the Korean society and lies there meters away from where they are standing is a humbled house with a paint complimenting the colors and shapes surrounding it. It was almost a dream house.

 

“Come on..”

 

Yuri then dragged the Im towards the said house and opened the door for the girl. Meanwhile, Yoona was utterly surprised when her girlfriend barged inside the residence without any consent.

 

But once inside, Yoona’s hesitant mind turned stunned at the magnificent interiors of the house. It wasn’t finished but as she could depict it, it would be as homey and comfy like any other warm house in Korea is.

 

“Whose house is this unnie?” the girl inquired, eyes wandering through the beige-painted walls and ceilings.

 

Yet, this inspection suddenly came into a halt when Yuri answered, “Ours..”

 

With that, Yoona jerked her head back to the Kwon behind her with a flabbergasted soul. “W-what??”

 

This time, Yuri heaved a deep sigh before reaching for Yoona’s hands.

 

“I started funding this two years ago. It was a decent price for a lot as geographically located as this one and we’re pretty much earning almost triple when we began promoting internationally. I was able to begin constructing it and shaping its frames..”

 

No words were coming out from Yoona as she stared at the Kwon with expectant eyes. This signaled Yuri to continue her statement.

 

“As it grew to form like a house, I suddenly thought of you Yoona.. The image of me waking up beside you; us snuggling over the couch when we watch out favorite drama; me cooking your breakfast, your lunch and your dinner; you backhugging me when I prepare your meal; you giving me a peck before you set off to your schedule—everything felt so right Yoong..”

 

Yuri raised the Im’s hands and brought it up her chin to look at those doe-eyes deeper, “And I knew from that very moment that I want to start a home with you baby. It is you who will complete my dream home..”

 

There.

 

Yoona was a crying mess.

 

And it is all again Kwon Yuri’s fault.

 

“Ugh..you’re always making me cry..”

 

The tanned girl wanted to coo at the most adorable sight on earth but she decided it was better not to.

 

So, she opted to wipe her girlfriend’s tears with her own thumb with a gentle smile on her face.

 

“Are you crying because you’re touched?”

 

Yuri was ready to respond, You need not to baby. Because I’m doing this for the both of us.

 

But much, much, much to her surprise, Yoona had to say something else.

 

“No. I’m crying because I’m famished and you’re getting me all teared up without proper food to fill me up..” the Im turned herself away from the Kwon and to the kitchen (probably)

 

“Now where’s the meal? I’m starving!”

 

With that, Yuri was left blinking amusedly with an unbelievable scoff she was holding for the sake of her goddamn ego.

 

Scoff.

 

Scoff.

 

And a shake on her head.

 

Im Yoona is just too much to handle sometimes.

 

“That woman. Aiisshhhh…”

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

“Mmmm! Daebak!!”

 

Yuri was stuck staring.

 

Not because of how Yoona was sitting comfortably on the floor as she grinds her food nor the way her girlfriend’s eyes sparkled to see the sea of dishes Yuri prepared and settled in a mini table the constructing house could offer.

 

It was because of how the Im weirdly devours everything with such disheveled state.

 

“Okay babe. You have to slow down.”

 

But the Im continued eating whatever her hands could reach.

 

“Yoong! You’ll choke on your food! Hey..”

 

Gaining nothing but a side glance, Yuri grabbed the girl’s wrist and put down the chicken leg Yoona was bearing.

 

Yuri was a little bit pissed.

 

“Okay what’s wrong, huh? I got to tell you that I’m building this house for us and you suddenly turned barbaric?? If you don’t want this you can just tell me face-to-face Yoona. Not this way..”

 

With that, Yoona’s consciousness slowly crept back unto her senses as she saw the hurt and disappointment in those usually cheerful orbs of Yuri.

 

What was she doing?

 

“N-no no no, Yul. It’s not like that..”

 

The Kwon got up from her feet and turned away from the Im with a heavy heart. She thought that Sooyoung’s suggestion of revealing this long-time project she started would make her girlfriend happy.

 

Fudge Sooyoung and her lousy ideas.

 

“Hey..”

 

Yuri felt a pair of skinny arms snake its way around her waist. It’s just a matter of time before her frustration melts down into a sap of whipped Kwon Yuri.

 

“Are you mad?”

 

Yuri closes her eyes at the question. Why would Yoona even ask that??? Of course she is!

 

“No...I’m not mad…I’m totally fine..”

 

She heard a sigh coming from the Im behind her when she answered. Yoona was long enough her companion to know her habits when she gets angry.

 

“Okay Yul look at me..”

 

No response from the tanned girl.

 

“Please baby? Turn around and look at me..”

 

Maybe it’s those soothing plead of Yoona that made the hurt Kwon to turn around slowly and painfully.

 

Yoona wanted to coo at the most adorable sight on earth but decided it was better not to. Yuri looked too pained to joke around.

 

“I’m sorry if I have reacted that way. That wasn’t the response you expected, wasn’t it?”

 

Yoona looked up to stare at those orbs but Yuri immediately looked away. Much to her dismay, her view came back to see those expressive doe-eyed as the Im softly cupped her cheeks to look at her.

 

“This wasn’t just the thing I expected to hear from you unnie.. I was just… surprised… that’s all..”

 

 

This time, the Kwon truly stared back at those doe-eyes and saw the honesty in Yoona’s words through her orbs.

 

“You see, everything just seemed to happen so fast unnie. One point we are happily training with each other, dreaming same dreams, sharing hopes and wishes of debuting and entering another world. It just seemed like yesterday that we have to share the same bedroom and stuff and had to go through a life-wrecker schedule. And then there was the dark times and we have to go find ourselves with persons we never thought we’d acquaint ourselves with.. We even dated oppas to insist to ourselves that we are not into each other..”

 

The Im blinked and there, Yuri saw the intimidation and fear her girlfriend must’ve felt after knowing her efforts.

 

Yuri then understood why.

 

“I’m just afraid that what we are now is just a phase. A something that will just pass, you know. I feared that maybe going a little step further, creating a home with you would let the process of us being together to be short-lived. That maybe if I go beyond with what we have today, I’ll lose you Yuri. And I don’t want that to happen..”

 

Yoona had to look away on that. She can’t afford to lose a streak of tears again. She doesn’t want to be called a crybaby.

 

“I can wait..”

 

“…I can wait until you’re ready Yoong.”

 

It was now Yuri’s turn to cup the Im’s cheeks with her smooth hands, boring holes through her eyes as it made wonders and communications.

 

“I did not intend to bother your feelings baby. I just wanted to show you how serious I am to work things out between us. You know I’d lost you before and I almost lost my sanity with that. I don’t want to lose you ever again.”

 

“…but I can wait. Until you’re ready to create your dream home with me, I can wait Im Yoona..”

 

And just like that, Yoona’s welled up tears started dropping like beads of rain dropping from above. She doesn’t know what to say and how to react with the way Yuri uttered her vow like a perennial oath of devotion and fidelity.

 

It was not just anyone who promised to stay.

 

It was Yuri. Her one and only soulmate.

 

And Yuri wasn’t the one to break her promises.

 

With great fervor, Yoona and Yuri crashed their lips in full harmony and passion. Every nibble and every chew of each other’s lips felt like a million tons of worries evaporating from their senses. It was enough to make them lightheaded and unsteady.

 

Their skillful tongues managed their way to the cores of the fire burning desire for each other as they devoured themselves in ecstasy and pleasure.

 

It has been a long time since they were flesh to flesh. And both Yuri and Yoona think it is worthy of the wait.

 

For here they are, drowning themselves into the heat of their love, with the pledge of them staying.

 

“You got it all?”

 

“Yeah. I’ve got it all filmed..”

 

“Kekekeke..”

 

Hearing familiar clamors and rustles coming from somewhere, the two smooching lovers broke away from their kiss drunkenly.

 

And it all took familiar figures of seven people to make Yuri lose it.

 

“Y-YOU WERE HERE THE WHOLE TIME???!!!”

 

Hyoyeon, who was holding the video camera, responded with a cool nod. “Of course. Things like this shouldn’t be left unfilmed. We were all here witnessing the unfolding drama before us.. Even Sica is here with us too..”

 

Yoona and Yuri, equally shocked, diverted their eyes to the Jung who was enclosed inside the thin arms of the maknae, crying.

 

“And why is Sica unnie crying??” Yoona asked worriedly.

 

“Because we are so moved with your story Yoong! Huwaaahh!!” It was Sunny.

 

The bunch heard Yuri scoff unbelievably while Yoona chuckled cutely.

 

“Seriously guys! Your lovestory deserves an Oscar! No K-Drama can top it off. This is one of the best!” Tiffany was tearing up as well.

 

Yoona finds it amazing. Actually she finds it adorable that her unnies and maknae get emotional for such things like that.

 

But Yuri feels otherwise.

 

Ooohh yes. She feels the exact opposite of what her lover felt.

 

She was scoffing non-stop.

 

Massaging her temples trying not to burst of anger, irritation, embarrassment—name it all—Yuri looked up to the seven lovely figures across them.

 

“Whose idea is this?” she hissed.

 

“That would be her..” All of the seven answered, deliberately pointing to one tallest girl in the group.

 

The said person could only smile nervously as she eyes the hell-Kwon that is yet to be seen by the world.

 

“CHOI SOOYOUNG!!!!! I’M GONNA KILL YOU!!!”

 

 

 

A/N:

 

A little bit of encouragement will provide me a contented smile and a satisfied soul. Keke.

Write me something ^_^ YoonYul and Soshi fighting! :)