Tell Her

Here Lies YoonYul

 

“Seulgi!!!”

 

“Irene!!!”

 

Two huffing figures, standing face-to-face, yelling the name of their respective persons inside each other’s flats from the hallway.

 

The tanned girl visibly twitching her eyes and lips in irritation.

 

The doe-eyed one shooting deadly glares with her arms crossed.

 

Soon, two persons came out from each door of the two, arguing ladies. A mixture of surprise and tiredness evident from their faces as they opened their doors with the usual scenario they’ve been witnessing lately.

 

“Unnie…”

 

“Unnie..”

 

The two figures, Irene and Seulgi, addressed in unison.

 

The two of them were meters away from each other, their eyes meeting as they stepped out from their apartment, now standing at the hallway with the elderlies who called them.

 

Seulgi and Irene exchanged knowing look and sighed. They know what is happening.

 

Oh sure they know.

 

Not this again.

 

“Seulgi-yah..” Yuri was the first one to call, her intense stare never leaving that of the scrawny figure across her.

 

“…kindly tell this annoying brat that she should stop leaving this stupid box in our doorway. I almost tripped myself over! Again!”

 

The bear opened and darted her gaze towards the girl opposite of them—to a particular Bae.

She saw Irene shook her head quietly, so Seulgi zipped it back shut.

 

"Joohyun-ah.." it was now Yoona’s turn to talk, addressing the younger girl behind her, that piercing stare remaining to Yuri.

 

"…kindly tell this old lady that she should stop bothering me over that damn box because just what I’ve told her for a millionth time, everything inside it belongs to her. So it is damn right to give it back to her!"

 

Irene could only stare at the back of her cousin and to the pretty monolids of Seulgi across her. It was now the younger one shaking her head.

 

"Old lady??!!" Yuri scoffed incredulously. "Are you talking about me?!"

 

Yoona snickered. "I cannot see other halmeonis around here aside from you."

 

And that was it.

 

The toned black pearl, with a gritted teeth, began launching towards the skinny deer.

 

She is not an old lady! Her muscular frame and toned abs are too real to be ignored.

 

If this... this unfairly gorgeous woman opposite of her needs smacking to open her eyes from the godly handsomeness that she possessed, Kwon Yuri is more than willing to do it.

 

"Why you little—“

 

And the Lim was about to strike back too, moving her feet to attack the brown puppy fearlessly.

 

She will not back away with this. She is not the person who takes back her words that easily.

 

So when she said that Yuri must have that freaking box back to herself, she would make sure that the girl would get it.

 

Howbeit being in a hard way.

 

"Oh bring it on!!"

 

And just like a reflex, the two younger girls behind each older woman grabbed a hold of their wrists and waists, not wasting any time to stop the two bickering giants before they could reach each other's throats.

 

"N-no no no!! Unnie stop!!"

 

"Oh my gosh! Unnie no!"

 

Were the words of the two younger people as they hold on to their persons as if their life depended on them.

 

This has been the case for days.

 

Seulgi and Irene didn't know how this became so complicated for the four of them. But they sure know when it did.

 

Because these endless banters began unfolding since the day the two of their cousins moved to each other’s places.

 

 

***

 

 

"Ugh!! This is so frustrating!!"

 

Yuri blurted out as she plopped angrily on the couch. She was on the verge of ripping her hairs out if she did not remember the expensive hair treatment she had been getting lately.

 

Then just like a cue, her bear-like cousin gingerly appeared from the front door, those monolids carefully eyeing her as she approaches.

 

Yuri was on the process of rubbing her temples when Seulgi called, "Unnie.."

 

“I don’t really know what it is with that woman and her freaking box, Seulgi-yah! Why of all the neighbors around here, it has to be me she had to nag about it! For goodness sake, I’ve only been here for three days and she has to give me back something I never had??!! Like what the hell?!”

 

Exasperation?? A deadly impending wrath??

 

Yuri doesn’t know how to label whatever it is she feels of her current situation with her cousin’s girlfriend’s cousin. Ugh. Even that Yoona’s consanguinity with her cousin’s lover is hard to understand.

 

Just as how the girl is for Yuri—the goddess of complications.

 

Here she thought that escaping from her parents’ deadly demands of running their colossal business enterprise would be her true liberty. But thanks to a certain Lim across the hallway, her dream of getting a peaceful life in South Korea with her most beloved cousin is nonexistent.

 

A sigh escaped the lips of the kkab and she looked up to meet the puppy eyes of her dongsaeng, both surprised and empathized on her outburst..

 

"I-I'm sorry you have to deal with this Seul.. It may be hard for both you and Irene.."

 

Seeing this as her cue, Seulgi hurriedly scampered towards the couch and plunked herself beside Yuri. “Unnie—“

 

“If I’m not here, that monster wouldn’t bother putting that damn box on your doorstep every morning. And I wouldn’t have to yell and call you. I’m so sorry.”

 

Seulgi could only give out an exhale. “Unnie stop. You have nothing to be sorry about.”

 

“But it’s been days since this… this very unfortunate disaster named Lim Yoona came knocking outside your door, insisting that her box was mine. And I don’t know how I should deal with this childish thing..”

 

“Well, you can just accept the box. Maybe after that, Yoona unnie would stop bothering you.” Seulgi shrugged calmly.

 

But the Kwon beside her was nowhere near calm after hearing the suggestion.

 

“No!”

 

“Why not?”

 

“Because it’s not mine! Who knows what’s in that box?!”

 

“Well, you wouldn’t know if you won’t take it. Yoona unnie wouldn’t trouble herself waking up in the morning to just shove that carton to you for no reason..”

 

Seulgi has a point. But Yuri wouldn’t go along to that argument just yet.

 

“Seul, I don’t even know that Yoona girl.” The Kwon turned her whole body to look at her cousin, “Isn’t it creepy that she suddenly appeared on your door the morning after I came into your flat, showing me a box of I-don’t-know-maybe-poisonous-stuffs and insisting that it is mine? I mean, I’m still the one and only remaining heiress of my parents’ perpetually huge corporation. Who knows that she’s one of those hired to kill me for their own advancement in the company or, or, some alien wanting to abduct me for she believed that I am the one who will save their race?”

 

Seulgi has to blink twice, thrice for that. Yuri might be her closest cousin and been one of the most respected woman in their line of cousinship, but the poor bear cannot deny that the Kwon’s way of thinking is way out of her league at times.

 

An upshot of too much sci-fi movies her Yuri unnie is very much addicted of.

 

“O…kay??” Seulgi scrunched her brows in amazement before clearing and get back on track with their conversation. “But what if she is someone from your past? Someone you just can’t remember? An old friend perhaps?”

 

This or maybe the way Seulgi slowly uttered the words like she meant it, that made Yuri to shut her lips and swallow back whatever rant she wanted to let out.

 

Something clicked. And Yuri doesn’t know what it is.

 

“Unnie?”

 

Seulgi’s voice made Yuri snap her head up, “Hmm?”

 

“What’s wrong?? Why are you sweating all of a sudden?”

 

Curious of what her cousin was talking about, Yuri nosily reached for her forehead and felt that large beads of sweat is indeed dotted there, making the tanned girl a sweating freak.

 

“Unn—“

 

“I-I’m fine.. Don’t worry about it, Seul.” Yuri forced a smile out before standing up on her feet, “I-I have to go now. Tiffany must be waiting for me..”

 

Yuri shot another awkward smile before patting her cousin’s shoulder, “Prepare for school, okay? You don’t let your girl wait for you.”

 

With that, Yuri picked up her bag on the floor and headed towards the door, not forgetting to announce a word of goodbye before she got herself out of their shared apartment, leaving a certain Kang Seulgi dumbfounded.

 

What just happened?

 

 

***

 

 

“Unnie—“

 

“I’m fine, Hyunnie. Don’t worry about me..”

 

Yoona slowly placed the box on the table in the middle of their living room, her hands lingering on top of the box instead of pulling away.

 

It’s been three painful days since she became this stupid neighbor who barges in a certain Kwon Yuri’s morning to shove a piece of rectangular box, adamant of proclaiming that the latter was of the Kwon’s property.

 

And mind you, it wasn’t very easy for her part to do this—especially that now it took in Irene and Seulgi as their mediators.

 

It wasn’t her very intention to involve the two lovebirds with this mess she is in. But when Yuri started calling out Seulgi the morning when she first dropped by to give the box, she can’t help but to call her cousin too—giving them this heavy privilege of being their witness and referee.

 

Though Yoona believed it would not be this hard for the four of them if only Yuri doesn’t play forget.

 

“I would still try tomorrow. I won’t lose hope, Joohyun-ah.”

 

Yoona heard a sigh coming from her behind before feeling a hand encircling her wrist. Irene slowly pulled her towards the couch and took a seat beside her. Yoona could feel Irene’s eyes boring holes through her.

 

“You know, you could just tell her.”

 

 That statement made Yoona to snap her head up. “No. I wouldn’t do that.” And looked away with a firm stare.

 

“But unnie—“

 

“What makes this complicated is not me being stubborn about that box, Irene. This is her playing with my feelings, pretending that she doesn’t know me at all..” Yoona laughed bitterly and shook her head before fiddling with her fingers, “…this is one of the stupid things she do when we fight… And the last time we saw each other wasn’t a good memory to keep.”

 

Yes.

 

Yoona could still remember that time. And perhaps it is the very night she will never forget for the rest of her life.

 

 

“Hi…”

 

Yoona was on her 9th shot for the night. She wasn’t supposed to drink and she wasn’t supposed to be lonely in a very special day like today. But for a very disappointing reason, here she is, unaccompanied and solitary.

 

Well, until this very fine-looking woman suddenly showed up, beaming a very attractive smile for a tipsy Lim like her.

 

This smile suddenly reminded Yoona of someone. And perhaps it was because of the alcohol that made her stare openly at the figure.

 

“Do you mind if I join you?”

 

The voice was also too alluring for the Lim that she wanted to hear it more. And like a cool person that she usually is, she shrugged calmly, “Be my guest..” before gulping down her drink in one go.

 

The girl opposite of her chuckled at the boldness before taking a seat on the couch where the doe-eyed girl was settled.

 

“You’re too beautiful to be alone.. Aren’t you with someone??”

 

There wasn’t much of a person in that VIP area and when she caught a glimpse of this lonesome gorgeous woman, it didn’t take much guts in her to drag herself towards her. She was as lonely as her too.

 

Yoona was glugging down her next shot as she looked over the woman. With her intoxicated state, she managed to notice the blondness of the woman’s tresses, the enticing stare that she was giving off, and the tempting lips that was alluringly smiling at her.

 

She was overly confident that the woman was seducing her.

 

“How about you??” Yoona started pouring the liquor to her glass again, “I presume you’re all by yourself too. Aren’t you with someone?”

 

Yoona heard a light chuckle from the woman. She started wondering if it’s all the lady could do, snickering to whatever word she is about to say.

 

However, before Yoona could even turn herself to face the blond, the latter took Yoona’s glass of liquor and swigged it in one go. Her tantalizing eyes boring holes to those of Yoona’s doe-eyes who seemed to be magnetized at the girl’s intense stare.

 

“I am now… with you..” the blond uttered, her eyes now tracing the whole innocent face of the Lim.

 

“Are you trying to seduce me?” tipsy Yoona scrunched her brows as she asked.

 

The blond woman smiled, her eyes sparkling of something that Yoona cannot decipher. “Is it working?”

 

Yoona stared. Stared and stared.

 

She knows where this is going and she is anxious of how it will turn out—considering that she is supposed to be emotionally unavailable.

 

“I have a girlfriend.” Yoona then stated, seizing her glass from the woman’s grip before placing it on the table, grabbing the bottle of liquor next to it and began plumping down a stream of alcohol unto the glass.

 

“Then why are you alone and drinking? Where is she?”

 

This made Yoona to pause and contemplate. She stared at nothingness for a moment and tried making sense of her current situation.

 

The girl is right. Why is she even doing this miserable stuff only broken hearted people do if she has a girlfriend?

 

Oh yes. She remembered why.

 

“Well, she is… currently unavailable.” Yoona laughed bitterly, “She is supposed to inherent her family’s gigantic company soon.. So, she has been spending her entire week holding meetings and attending those boring assemblies to appease her father… And this morning she told me she’ll be home very late and that I should not wait her for dinner… That’s why I’m here. Alone and getting wasted… In our anniversary.”

 

The doe-eyed lady shook her head in resent before gulping yet another drink. Now she’s sure her head started spinning.

 

“Then that’s her loss..” the blond woman suddenly spoke, her tone firm and sure.

 

Yoona then felt a warm hand caressing her arm with utmost affection. This made her turn her head and stare back at the blond.

 

“A beautiful girl like you must not be taken for granted… You’re too precious to loose..”

 

Yoona wasn’t really sure.

 

May it be because of the girl’s irresistible gawk, the way her lips pursed or perhaps just the drive of alcohol, but the next thing she knew, the girl is already on her lap, the two of them lip-locking like it’s the only thing they know.

 

And it wasn’t helping that the blond was a very good kisser—making Yoona open more to welcome the latter’s tongue and explore her insides.

 

Her intoxicated state let out a moan of pleasure, very audible for the few drunkard people in the VIP section of the bar to hear.

 

And she doesn’t seem to care.

 

No. Not at all.

 

Wanting to dominate, Yoona’s hands started roaming all over the blond’s body. Her smooth arms and shoulders. Her chest. And then to those C-cup sized swells infront of her. Yoona squeezed them like her life depended on them—and she knew it was worthy when she suddenly heard an ic moan from the girl.

 

“J-jess-mmmm-jessica..” the blond whispered.

 

“What?”

 

“My name-mmmmm-my name’s Jessica..” the blond whimpered against Yoona’s lips with such desire.

 

That’s a nice name.

 

Yoona thought before slipping her hands inside Jessica’s shirt, massaging the girl’s surprisingly toned stomach.

 

And she has a very nice abs too.

 

With this thought running inside her head, Yoona suddenly remembered of someone else’ abs she is very much addicted of. The sober consciousness that she has begun telling her to stop. It told her to stop and that what she is doing is wrong.

 

But good lord, her drunk state is overwhelmingly controlling. That instead of pushing Jessica away from her, she gripped her even tighter.

 

Jessica took this action as a cue to even go further. She began attacking the doe-eyed girl’s neck and ing the latter’s shirt. The Lim let out a soft whimper with this.

 

This was indeed satisfying her. Yoona cannot deny.

 

But the thought of her girl and her doing this in their couch suddenly popped in her mind. The way her girl’s hips would ride hers suddenly made Yoona want to have her here instead of Jessica. The softness of Jessica’s lips seemed to be deficient all of a sudden as she remembered her girl’s plump lips roaming all over her body.

 

And the name of Jessica seemed to be so useless as her mind racked every image of her girl smiling and staring at her with those brown orbs that told her a million words of affection.

 

Yuri.

 

Yuri was the name of her girl.

 

She was the very woman Yoona vowed to love for the rest of her life. The very woman who dared to break her walls she built throughout the years. The very woman Yoona imagined her future with.

 

And that very woman is staring at her right now—inches away from her and Jessica who is enjoying herself everything on her neck.

 

“Yuri…” Yoona whispered, eyes wide as she realized who the figure really was.

 

“Yuri??” Jessica paused and asked. “Who’s Yu—“ but immediately cut when Yoona suddenly shoved her off her.

 

“What the—“

 

“Yuri…” Yoona said once again, her doe-eyes blaring of surprise and her lips parted as she stood up from the couch.

 

She wasn’t expecting her to be here.

 

Jessica turned and saw a very refined-looking woman donned in a white plaid shirt with a very cold expression all over her face. As a renowned ice-princess, Jessica thought the woman’s expression was unbelievably scary.

 

She smirked, “So this is your girl?” Jessica was asking Yoona.

 

And when Yoona’s frantically calm face briefly turned her head to her and back to the woman in a plaid shirt, Jessica was sure that she got herself an answer.

 

The woman then dashed out all of a sudden.

 

“Yuri!”

 

Yoona immediately ran after her girlfriend without taking a last look at the blond. Her girlfriend is much more important than saying her last words to Jessica.

 

“Yuri!”

 

But the woman called continued dashing out of the congested club dizzying of blinking lights with a mixture of alcohol and vomit whiff that makes the place even worse than what she already witnessed.

 

Yet Yoona continued running after her, not minding of the people she was bumping just to get a hold of her girlfriend’s hand.

 

The two of them made it out the pub, with Yuri still meters ahead of the running Yoona.

 

“Kwon Yuri please!”

 

This halted the Kwon in her tracks. She stood there lifelessly as she waited for Yoona to come nearer. And for Yoona it wasn’t good seeing her lover’s back facing her.

 

“That was not what you thought it is.. That girl was no one, Yul..”

 

Yoona heard a chuckle. And she flinched. It would have been better if she heard a choke that would turn into a fits of crying and will give her an opportunity to comfort the tanned woman.

 

But no. All she got was this hostile snort coming from her girlfriend.

 

It doesn’t sound nice to Yoona’s ears.

 

“Yuri—“

 

SLAP!

 

That sounded so powerful and compact for a skinny girl like Yoona to bear. Her head felt a little bit dizzy at the sudden, strong contact.  But she knows that the slap wasn’t enough to pay whatever damages she had done in their relationship.

 

Yuri is already a crying mess infront of the doe-eyed lady. And what makes it more painful for Yoona was the cold blank and cold demeanor Yuri was showing in spite of the rolling tears.

 

It wasn’t a very nice view to take in.

 

“Happy anniversary, Yoona…” Yuri whispered, hurt and anger displaying all over her face as she spoke.

 

It was the saddest thing she heard coming from the Kwon. And Yoona doesn’t know if she’ll be able to fix this mess she created.

 

With that being said, Yuri began walking away with a heavy heart. Yoona wanted to chase after her, embrace her with all of her might and tell her that she is sorry. But then she realized that she herself was crying, her cheeks were already dampened by the unconscious flow of tears she didn’t realize was gushing.

 

And the burden that is eating her up was even more doubled when she saw Tiffany Hwang, Yuri’s ex-girlfriend, going out of the car where Yuri was heading. She noticed the worried look on Tiffany and the way Yuri ignored her inquiry when she immediately went inside the car, on the passenger seat.

 

The ex must have witnessed it all. Because the moment Tiffany landed her eyes on the tipsy and broken Yoona, she shook her head in disappointment and resent.

 

The car drove away later on, leaving Yoona staring at the retreating image of the automobile that was carrying her girlfriend. In this case, she doesn’t know what their status has become.

 

She ed everything up.

 

And she proved it even more when the next day, she found a box on her doorstep and a note that turned Yoona’s world upside down.

 

Yuri left for US on that very morning.

 

 

_____________________________________________

A/N: I'm working on CMIYC and WHY. Wait for me~