WHEN YOU TRY TO FIT HER IDEAL TYPE

Unbeknownst: The story of the Unlikely Pair

With a gentle vibration coming from her phone, Joy sat up and yawned. She looked at her phone screen and once again saw that a message has arrived. 

 

Unknown number: Good morning! Make sure you eat your breakfast before going to your first schedule ^o^

 

Joy continued to stare at the message before fully absorbing what had happened. At 4:30 am every day she had been receiving good morning texts from an unknown number who would not reveal their name. 

 

"Wonderful," She sarcastically sighed, "Another dedicated seassang fan." 

 

Lately she had been bombarded by call and texts from seassang fans often annoying her at the most unconventional times. There were times where She would receive multiple calls at around 2am asking her for the other member's numbers. At first she had tried being a loving idol, diligently replying to each message in polite and sensible manner. However, when the calls and texts had began to become ridiculous, Jinuk oppa had advised her to completely ignore the calls and messages in hopes that the fans would get bored over time. 

 

However, this certain fan had been messaging her every morning and at night for a month now. And within those messages, they had not demanded anything from her. In fact, the messages seemed way to relaxed and caring for seassang fan. Nevertheless, this person was still treated that way. 

 

"Great," She sighed as she read the message again, "Now their using emoticons."

 

Seulgi walked out from the bathroom drying her wet hair with her towel, "Has your beloved fan greeted you already?" 

 

Joy simply nodded towards the older female before entering the bathroom herself. Today is gonna be a long day. On top of their promotions, she has 4 other individual schedules.

 

 

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

"Hyung, you're up early" Dino smiled at his leader. He had school and had to wake up and leave early, "Do you want breakfast?" 

 

Coups shook his head slightly while smiling down at his phone. He had been extremely proud of himself. He had been contacting Joy in an attempt to have some sort of friendship with the younger girl. Something about her just seems to attract him. 

 

Woozi had appeared out of the music studio to see Coups giggling in one corner. walking closer to the leader, he had realised that he was, in fact, giggling at his phone, or whatever was in it. Taking a peek, Woozi once again shook his head. Coups had sent 68 messages to Joy in a span of a month while she had only replied once. Yet Coups, the one who hates waking up early, woke up before the sun was even out just to greet her a good morning. Someone help this child

 

 

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

In one of their group activities, they were to be a guest on a televised program and promote their mini album. At first, Joy had been nervous, however, after performing in an another program earlier that day, she had been far to exhausted to care. During the recording, the host had asked various common questions which were swiftly answered by the leader. 

 

After a few more questions, Seulgi was asked for her ideal type when looking for a boyfriend. This caused the girl to slightly blush and stutter cutely, "I don't really have a set ideal type. My preference changes depending on the drama that I am currently watching."

 

"Unnie changes her ideal type almost on an everyday basis, at one point it was Kang Dongwon then it changed to Jisung," Yeri explained to the hosts, "We often joke around that Seulgi unnie is cheating on Kang Dongwon-shii with Jisung shii." 

 

This caused the audience to laugh. The hosts then passed the questions towards the other members. Irene had quickly responded with a safe no particular ideal type answer. Whereas, Wendy preferred males who have a 'homely' feel who she can look after and vice versa. 

 

When Joy's turn had come, she had already prepared a standard type of answer, "I like someone who is polite and has clear set values, he also must be reliable and must always work hard to reach his goals." This caused the girls to peek at the tallest girl while smiling. 

 

"That's not what unnie said last time," Yeri laughed while interrupting her, "She said she likes guys who are manly and y."

 

Joy burst out laughing while sending subtle daggers to the youngest. Wendy joined in on the fun and added, "She said all that matters were his biceps and abs."

 

This had caused the girl to blush instantly while immediately denying the member's statements, "N-no. I look for personalities I don't really care about the looks."

 

Seulgi laughed and disagreed, "Lies! You picked Jisub-shii because you liked his face." 

 

Joy was ready to defend herself when Irene joined in by saying, "Joy really likes guys who have a bad boy image with a great body." 

 

Joy hung her head low in defeat. There was no use in denying when all your members have decided to gang up against you. The recording for the program continued for a few more hours before they were back on the way to their dorm. 

 

It was around 1am when Joy was able to lay on her bed. Right on cue, her phone vibrated signalling that a message has arrived. 

 

Unknown number: Hope you had a good day! Good night! Sweet dreams! Dream about me because I will definitely dream about you.

 

This caused the girl to giggle slightly. Lately, her seassang fan had been rather bold. Confidently saying random pick up lines to accompany his daily good morning and good night texts. Without realising, Joy had been looking forward to seeing the texts from her fan, somehow it provided her with stability in a career filled with uncertainty. 

 

After thinking deeply, Joy had playfully replied to her special fan. 

 

Joy: If I dream about you wouldn't that be called a nightmare then?

 

Joy was about to close her eyes as she expected her fan to reply the next day when her phone vibrated once again.

 

Unknown number: Hey! If you dream about me you wouldn't want to wake up. The only way you would wake up is if I forcefully wake you up with a kiss. Chu~~

 

Joy laughed once again seeing her seassang fan being so bold. Typing her message, a smile is etched into her face.

 

Joy: I didn't know my seassang fan is this bold 

 

Almost immediately, a message was received. 

 

Unknown number: I am certainly not a seassang fan I got your number from a common friend. I am way too good looking to be a seassang fan. 

 

Joy scoffed at the message she had just received from her special fan. Whoever he or she is, they are full of themselves. Their head must be massive. 

 

Joy: Whatever, I'm going to sleep now. Thank you for talking to me, it was fun. Goodnight. 

 

With that, Joy closed her phone and laid in her bed. Tossing and turning, she wondered if she did dream of the fan, what would he/she look like?

 

 

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

Seungcheol could not hide his excitement. She had replied to him. Not a measly 'who are you?' but a real reply. Seuncheol looked at the date on his phone and quickly circles the day on the calendar next to his bed. Today marks the day of their first conversation.

 

Remembering to thank the person who made it all happened, Coups opened his phone once again and screen shot his messages with Joy and proceeded to send it to his ultimate wingman. Or wingwoman to be exact. 

 

A reply had quickly arrived filled with, "Congratulations! You are one step to becoming our brother-in-law."

 

The two exchange a few texts before one finally caught his attention, "Oppa you should watch our episode of hello counselor. Unnie said something very interesting."

 

Coups immediately lunged for his laptop and searched for the airing date of the said episode. August 28th, 7pm. Another week before then. He remembered to set an alarm on his phone to remind him of the event. He trusted his source, he needs to watch this episode. 

 

"Okay, I will watch it when it comes out. Hopefully, I'm in the dorm at that time, " Seungcheol smiled as he once again re-read the exchange of messages, "Thanks again, good night." 

 

"Goodnight oppa!" 

 

With that, he closed his phone and had a small smile plastered on his face as he slept peacefully while clinging tightly on the pillow on his arms. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--- August 28 6:57 pm ---

 

 

 

Seungcheol was sound asleep. His group's promotion had finished recently therefore, he had much more free time in his hands. However, he was immediately woken up once his alarm had begun to blare in his ears. Grabbing the phone, Coups opened one of his eyes to peek at the bright screen. 

 

Watch Red velvet's episode. Channel XXX, Hello councillor. 

 

Going to the deserted living room, Coups pressed the power button on the remote on the sofa. Grabbing a few snacks he proceeded to make himself comfortable. 

 

After a few more minutes the show began. As usual, red velvet was dazzling and of course, his eyes followed a certain Sooyoung who smiled adorably at the camera while introducing herself. Every time she would pout or nod in agreement, Coups had wondered as to how could anyone hate that ball of poof. 

 

Somewhere along the show, s had begun to reemerge from their own little rooms. Dino was first to sit next to him, asking him what he was watching. DK and Hoshi soon followed with a bag of snacks in their hands. Seungkwan strutted to the long sofa and grabbed the remote with the intention of changing the channel, however, Coups had used his taekwondo skills and physically damaged the poor singer before he had a chance to. Jisoo and Hansol soon followed after sitting next to their injured friend. 

 

The members all found the show uneventful, making them all browse on their phones for a more entertaining event. However, a very interesting portion of the show got his attention. Ideal type world cup. 

 

Now Coups knew that idols have been trained to purposely lie or exaggerate their ideal preference, however, somehow he found himself taking notes with his phone. The members all snickered as they saw their leader intently focused on the screen in front of him. Of course, he was only looking forward to the answer of the tallest girl. 

 

When the camera focused on the said girl, the members all tuned into the television, eyes and ears glued to the glowing box. "I like someone who is polite and has clear set values, he also must be reliable and must always work hard to reach his goals," she said with a small smile on her face. 

 

"Guys, I am polite right?" Seungcheol elbowed Dino who was sitting next to him. 

 

"Sure hyung," Dino nervously replied, "In your own way." 

 

The boys continued to watch in silence. "That's not what unnie said last time," Yeri interrupted Joy, "She said she likes guys who are manly and y." 

 

Wendy joined in on the fun and added, "She said all that matters were his biceps and abs."

 

The audience burst into laughter and so did the boys. They all expectantly looked at their leader who subconsciously flexed his muscles. He created a mental reminder to go to the gym tomorrow and work on his core strength. It was not because of what she said. Definitely not. It was just that he had been feeling rather heavy these days and a trip to the gym was long overdue. 

 

This girl to blushed instantly, "N-no. I look for personalities I don't really care about the looks."

 

Seulgi laughed and disagreed, "Lies! You picked Jisub-shii because you liked his face." 

 

"Ah, good thing I look so good," Seungcheol leaned his back into the sofa, confident with his looks. He continued to watch

 

Irene joined in by saying, "Joy really likes guys who have a bad boy image with a great body." 

 

"I can be bad if I want to," Coups declared to no one in particular as he shut the television and stomped towards his empty room.

 

The boys had looked at each other in silence before bursting into laughter. That boy is so whipped that even the universe seems to see it except himself. Seriously, someone help this boy.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: 

WOW, I ACTUALLY DIDN'T EXPECT TO WRITE THIS MUCH FOR THIS CHAPTER. I was planning to cut it into two chapters but then I said why not coconut? so here is one massive chapter. I hope you don't get bored half way through. I really enjoyed this, it was fun to write it! 

This chapter is a mini celebration for the boy's comebacks! Looking forward to their first trophy!!! Looking forward to seeing teary/crying members. 

Please leave comments below on what you would like to see next from this story! I really have no idea where to go next so yeah! inspire me!

Please participate in this poll, I am wndering what we should call each other. I like calling everyone my shipmates but it is rather vague.