Chapter 28

Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun prepares to leave the sleeping giant when he feels someone grabs on his wrist. He turns around and sees that Chanyeol is wide awake and clearly upset with something. He quickly turns again to block Chanyeol’s view on his face and wipes his tears using his free hands. Once he feels that his face is free of tears, he put on the brightest smile that he can give before turning again to face the giant.

“Finally you wake up. Do you need something? I am just planning to cook some ramyun. Do you want to eat some too?” He says as cheerful as he can manage in his state now. He hopes Chanyeol doesn’t catch on his red and puffy eyes. His bangs should be good enough to cover it for him. However, when the giant doesn’t say anything even after few seconds have passed and the grip on his wrist is still in place, he quickly doubted on his acting. “Yeol, can you let me go? I need to grab some water from the kitchen.” He makes some other excuse to escape the scene.

“I heard it.” Chanyeol says it with frown in his forehead. Baekhyun widen his eyes in shock and he is trembling for the fear.

‘Did he meant heard the speech just now? No. It can’t be. He is sleeping just now.’ Baekhyun think to himself. He takes a deep breath again to calm his beating heart. “Heard what? Are you referring on the ramyun or the water part? Of course you would hear me. You are just sitting here next to me.” I try to make it pass as a joke.

“Don’t act dumb Baek. You know what I mean.” Chanyeol looks dead serious with the furrowed eyebrows. Baekhyun never see him in this expression before as he is known as the happy virus and it is frightening.

“What-“ Before he can says any other excuses, Chanyeol cuts him.

“Is it true?” Chanyeol pauses for few seconds. This time Baekhyun is really confuse to what he is referring to so he just kept silent. Chanyeol sighs and tries to emphasis his question again. “Is it true that all of it is Chanmi’s doing?” Seeing that there is no escaping, Baekhyun sighs and nods his head. Chanyeol take a deep breath to calm his nerve. “Why didn’t you tell me, Baek? She is my sister, god damn it. I have the responsibility to put her on the right path!”

Baekhyun opens his mouth to say something but nothing really comes out so he just closes it again and just resort on being silent.

Since there is no reply from Baekhyun, Chanyeol continues again. “I don’t- no I can’t accept your rejection, Baek. I just can’t! If you reject me because you don’t like me then it’s fine. I will let you go and won’t bother you anymore. But if it is because of Chanmi and your stupid fake relationship then I won’t accept it!”

“But yeol..”Baekhyun is cut again when Chanyeol pull him and buries his head on his chest. Chanyeol hugs him tightly as if scared that Baekhyun will disappear if he let him go.

“Don’t Baek. Please don’t push me away. I need you in my life Baek. How are you expecting me to move on when I know your true feeling? If you are not ready now, I will wait. Even if it takes my whole life, I will still wait for you. I am not going anywhere.” Baekhyun can feel the crown of his head is wet because of Chanyeol’s tears. Chanyeol is crying and it pains his heart.

“Can we really Yeol? I don’t know. I am scared… What about Chanmi? What will the public think when they found out? What about EXO? How will the company respond to it? What about your career? What about your parent? I can’t disappoint any of them Yeol. I have already bring too much trouble, I can’t afford to add on any of it.” Baekhyun is sobbing uncontrollably now on Chanyeol’s chest.

“For once Baek, please forget all of it and just listen to what your heart want. I love you and you love me. Isn’t it enough for us to overcome everything? I don’t care about any of it. Chanmi will move on, she will find someone who love her. EXO members will support us and we will be fine. I am sure of it. And I don’t even care about the company. I can always choose other path as long as I am walking the path together with you. My parent will be fine. They will support us. Please Baek. Give us a chance?” Chanyeol almost begs. He is desperate. He really can’t let Baekhyun go anymore after knowing the shorter’s true feeling.

“Chanyeol…I don-…”Suddenly a pair of lips is on Baekhyun’s lips. He freezes for few seconds due to the shock and tries to collect his minds. Chanyeol is kissing him. It feels soft and calming. He can’t help but close his eyes and responds to the kiss. Chanyeol sighs after Baekhyun responding to the kiss. Chanyeol bits Baek’s bottom lips asking for entrance and Baekhyun grants him. The kiss escalates to heavy make out soon. Baekhyun’s legs become weak and he fall to the couch dragging Chanyeol with him. They pull out from the kiss from the shock of fall down. Chanyeol put his forehead on Baek’s forehead.

“You kissed me back. Does it mean that you accepted me?” Chanyeol says hopeful.

“Are you sure this can work out Yeol? I don’t want to hurt you.”Baekhyun still unsure answers him with question and his hand grips on Chanyeol’s shirt as if scared that the taller will leave him.

“We will work it out. You just need to say yes Baek.”This time he looks intensely at Baekhyun’s eyes. He cups his face and force him to have an eye contact with him. Baekhyun see the determination and something else from the taller’s eyes. Is it love? Maybe. He sighs again for the nth times today and finally nods. Giving in on the taller’s persuation. Chanyeol’s lips finally split into a wide grin, too wide that the shorter scares that it will hurt the taller and honestly, it looks creepy.

“Thank you Baek. Thank you.” The taller pecks his face few times.

“Yah! Park Chanyeol! You are really creepy.” Baekhyun says with a hint of mischievousness and he smiles at the happy giant. The taller is starting to do a weird happy dance with his non-existance dancing skills. Baekhyun can’t help but let out laugh at that.

Hopefully everything will be fine. We will be fine.

 

***

 Chanyeol POV

I am glad that I pretend to be asleep just now so that Baekhyun can opened up to me. At first, I just so tired and decide to lie down at the couch since I don’t want to disturb Baekhyun in the room. I closed my eyes and when I started to dozed off, I heard the door clicked sound signaling Baekhyun has came out of the room. While I am still contemplating whether I should tell him that I am awake or not, I sensed his presence beside me and my stomach fluttered when I felt his touch on my head. I fought the urge to smile and just hugged him. When he started talking, I really want to punch his beauti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter