Chapter 14

Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol POV

I wake up the next morning from the sunlight that shine brightly from my room window. I look to my side and see Baekhyun sleeping peacefully with his mouth slightly opened. He looks absolutely adorable and I can’t help but pinches his cheek softly. He winces a little from that but doesn’t wake up. I left Baek and go to bathroom for my morning routine. When I am done, Baekhyun is still sleeping. He always wake up late when we have schedule-free day.

I go to the kitchen and see mom and Chanmi preparing for breakfast there. It is a nice view and this is the first time I saw my mom this happy. I greet both of them good morning and take a seat at the dining table.

“Yeol-ah, is Baek baby awake yet?” My mom ask me. She always treat Baekhyun like her baby. Sometimes I think maybe Baekhyun is her real son not me.

“He is still sleeping. You know he will sleep until noon if he can.” My mom and Chanmi giggle.

“I know but could you wake him up? Maybe you and Baek can take Chanmi for a walk around here before you guys leave tonight? This is her first time visiting Seoul so take her for some sightseeing, okay?” My mom asks me and when I look at Chanmi, she gives me a smile that makes me hard to reject. I nod and go to wake Baekhyun up. I guess I have to prepare for grumpy Baek today.

Just as I expected, I got pillow throw at me, a slap to my head and a few lot of tantrum from Baekhyun before he finally wake up and go for his morning routine. I go back to kitchen and my parent with Chanmi already sitting at the dining table while laughing at me. They ing knew it but still make me do it. Not that I complain though, Baek looks very cute when he is grumpy. Few minutes after, Baek joins us and we have a great breakfast like a complete family.

After breakfast, mom shoo us away while she washes the dishes. Baek has some light conversation with my dad. Suddenly Chanmi pulls me to her room and I just follow her silently.

“Oppa, can I ask you something?” Chanmi asks me when we reach her room.

“Of course, Chanmi-ah. What do you want to know? Is it important?” I am getting curious.

“It- it is im-important for me.” Chanmi stuttering and blushing madly while I am getting more and more curious.

“Hmm….Is Baek- Baek-oppa sin-si-single? Or is there anyone that he likes now?” At this point, Chanmi already as red as tomato. I am surprise at her question and my heart also beating very fast. Please, don’t tell me this is what I am thinking of.

“O-Of co-course he is single, Chanmi-ah. And I don’t think there is someone that he likes right now. At least he didn’t tell me about it. Why? You don’t want your favorite idol to be dating is it?” I try to change the subject but I can’t see that Chanmi is smiling at my answer.

“Do- do you- th-think I ha-have a chance with Baek-oppa?” Chanmi looks down at the floor with her red face. I froze at her question. Of course Chanmi will look good with Baekhyun. But my heart hurt at the image of Baekhyun happily dating with Chanmi. Am I that selfish? I don’t want to disappoint my sister but I can’t live without Baekhyun as well. What should I say?

Getting no answer from me, Chanmi smiles slowly disappear and turn into a sad expression. “It is okay oppa. I know that it is impossible for someone as perfect as Baek-oppa to like someone like me.” Chanmi almost cry at this point. Her sad expression makes my heart hurt even more. I guess this is for the best.

“Don’t be silly Chanmi-ah. You are perfect too. Baek is stupid if he don’t like you. Have some confident and you have me as your brother to help you as well.” I give my best fake smile to her and ruffle her hair. She looks up and finally smiles at me.

“Really oppa? You want to help me?”

“Of course, Chanmi-ah. Now go prepare. We are going out in a while remember? Oppa will go to prepare too.” I walk out quickly. I can feel my tears t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter