Library Part One

Jihyo Day Everyday

Characters: Song Jihyo, Jung Ilwoo

Genre: Fluff

Word Count: 953

Rating: PG

Summary: The library is where all romance begins. (Cringe alert!) 


 

Library Part One

 

“I think I like you.”

 

It comes in barely a whisper but enough for Jihyo to hear and completely stop what she’s doing. The textbook is closed and the pencil is put, or rather, dropped onto her note-filled paper. She raises a brow at Jung Ilwoo, who is sitting directly across from her.

 

“Say that again?”

 

“Just kidding.”

 

He quietly laughs and suddenly immerses himself into reading his textbook. Jihyo blinks and stares at her chivalrous friend. Well that was random. She grabs her pencil again, opening up another book and copying notes down.

 

For a while they say nothing and Jihyo finds her rhythm again. Her eyes move from the book to her paper, her paper to the book, and then again.The scratching of pencil against paper, the clock, and the occasional cough or sniff of a person were the only sounds that could be heard in the university library.

 

Ilwoo and Jihyo are still studying in front of one another.

 

“So, did you feel anything when I said I liked you?” Ilwoo suddenly whispers, cupping his mouth with his hand. “Did your heart beat?”

 

“My heart always beats. Does yours not?” She sardonically speaks.

 

“Maybe?”

 

“Okay then.”

 

And then there’s silence again. Ilwoo begins tapping his pencil on the table. His eyes wander around the library and then the windows. Students are on school campus, walking, talking, doing nothing particularly interesting. There was nothing new to see.

 

“Ilwoo,” Jihyo begins, “do you have a problem?”

 

The tapping is paused. Then he looks at Jihyo. “No, no I don’t. Why?”

 

“For someone who comes to the library to study, you’re awfully loud.” She says, eyes are still cast downward. Not once does she glance at him.

 

“Oh, was I being loud?”

 

Jihyo nods.

 

“Sorry,” he says in English.

 

So cheesy.

 

“I know you’re bored and all, but do you really have to follow me to the library everyday? I think being here doesn’t entertain you anymore than if you were lazing around at home.”  Jihyo says sternly, but still in a whisper. “Besides, you have good grades without even trying.”

 

“Ey… Just because I’m naturally talented doesn’t mean I shouldn’t put in more effort.” Ilwoo grins, poking Jihyo with his pencil. “Aren’t you tired of studying all the time?”

 

“No, once I get into it I actually enjoy it.”

 

“Are you being serious?”

 

“Should I not be?”

 

He snorts and turns away, trying to find something else to entertain him. Then he looks at Jihyo again.

 

“Say I was serious about liking you. What would you think?”

 

“I wouldn't have time to think about it. I don't want a relationship. Why else do you think I stayed single for 3 years?”

 

“Because you're not popular.” he bluntly states. Jihyo rolls her eyes.

 

“And even if you did like me, what you said just now does not convince me. I'd probably be… what? Girl number 52?”

 

“52 is a bit much…” he frowns and continues, “but Jihyo, say I did convince you… and you aren’t busy with school or anything… then what?

 

“I don’t know, why?” She says sharply and then sighs in an attempt to calm herself. Ilwoo lowers himself in his chair. Jihyo’s hot-temper is making an appearance again… He absently thinks. “Look, I’m really stressed and need to study so could you please--”

 

“I sincerely like you.”

 

It’s the second time she looks at him.

 

“Are you really going to be like th--”

 

“I love you.”

 

Her breath hitches from the intensity of his eyes.

 

Love… love…. no , no that’s not it.

 

Jihyo mentally shakes her head. He was in the drama department, obviously he was acting. But when her eyes meet his again, Ilwoo is staring with an expression too passionate for her weak, marshmellow-like heart.

 

The silence continues.

 

And the awkwardness.

 

Ilwoo begins to lean in, and Jihyo begins to sink in her chair.

 

“I want to date you.” He says.

 

“This is embarrassing. Stop joking.” Jihyo barely squeaks and she drops her pencil to put her hands in front of her face. Ilwoo ignores all protests and stands up to lean closer.

 

“I like you enough that I think of marrying you.”  He smirks, and then their faces are only a feet apart. “It’s late and no one’s watching. Can I kiss you?”

 

Now that line got her red in the face.

 

“Who- who the hell says things like that.”

 

“You haven’t had your first kiss right? Let me take it then.”

 

Wait.

 

First kiss.

 

For Jihyo, and any other sane girl, should know how important first kisses are. Now, Jihyo has thought about this from time to time and realizes that; for no reason really, even though there was no chance of actually sticking with your first kiss, her first kiss had to be memorable.

 

And so the fact that he casually brought her first kiss up, (which she had forgotten about),  infuriates her, and the dreamy spell or whatever this playboy had used on her brings Jihyo to reality.

 

“No no no no no.” She hurriedly says and begins packing her belongings. As she stuffs everything into her bag, with Ilwoo’s burning eyes, she thinks that what happens next will be bad for her. He had just pissed her off, yet at the same time her heart was beating fast and honestly speaking, she was waiting for that kiss. “I think, like you said, it is very late. So...  so we should head home. Separately.”

 

Huh? What happened?

 

The mood was so good, though.

 

Ilwoo thinks, feeling lost with Jihyo’s sudden change.

 

But before he can say anything, she bolts out of the door and leaves him in the library alone.

 

Part 1 End.

 

Author's Note: So today I realized that I take too freaking long to write a story. I felt bad that I was unable to upload one yesterday, so I've decided that I'm going to do these in parts if I'm unable to finish. I want quality work, but at the same time, I want to challenge myself to update once a day. I apologize that this isn't as good as my first chapter... T_T

Inspirations: Soul Eater's Maka & Soul, Cheese in the Trap

From here on out, there will be a one-shot a chapter updated everyday!