Moving In

For the First Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The rest of the week went by peacefully, and I didn’t have to go to PE because of my foot injury, which definitely was a plus. Saturday comes along, and after work, I went to Jungkook’s house to help him move all his stuff back to our apartment. When we finished moving everything back into his room, I was totally exhausted and laid down on his bed.

He tried to flip me up and off the bed. “Eww, don’t sleep on my bed.”

“I’m not sleeping on it, I’m just lying down and resting. Your bed feels so comfortable, just like mine. Your dad probably bought it from the same place.”

He tried to roll me over again, but I simply rolled back on. Eventually, he gave up and lied down next to me. All the housemaids left the room, and the two of us stayed put staring at the ceiling.

He let out a sigh. “I used to hate this house. Everything turned downhill after moving into this house when I was little. Dad was never home, and Mom eventually left after they divorced. Living in such a big house felt wasted because there were only two of us, and most of the time, it was just me.”

I totally understood how he felt. “Well, now there’s four of us. Even if your dad and my mom go on some business trip together, at least I’m here, then we wouldn’t be so lonely. Hey, maybe we should invite the gang here someday too.”

“But then you’ll have to explain everything to them.”

Oh right, I forgot about that. “Well, we’ll see.” We stayed silent for another moment. “You know, I always wondered. Why were you so … accepting (is that the right word?) when you knew I was your stepsister.”

“Why wouldn’t I accept you?”

“Well, I don’t know. You don’t seem like the type that would easily accept people into your life.”

“But I’ve already accepted you as a friend in my life.” Sigh, he’s not understanding my question. I buried my face into one of his pillows. I could hear him chuckling next to me. “Nah, I know what you mean. Maybe it’s because I’ve always wanted a sibling; someone that’s close to me and near my age that I can talk to. And now it’s even better because I actually know you already.”

I turned my head to face him and gave him a thumbs up. “Great minds think alike. Except I always wanted a sister because girl talks are the best. And I always thought brothers were just obnoxious. BUT, I guess I’ll have to make do with you.”

“sldkfjowieg”

He was in the middle of strangling me when a faint knock is heard on the door, and my mom called from the other side. “Jungkook? Hyemin? Dinner’s ready. Come down to eat before you guys finish unpacking.”

I yelled back an “okay” and got up. “Why did she say ‘you guys’? Obviously, I’m not helping my obnoxious brother unpack.”

He scoffed. “I wouldn’t want my obnoxious sister to mess with my stuff anyways.”

When we got down to the dining room, the whole table was filled with Jungkook’s favorite dishes. Seulgi came out with the last plate of food before we settled down to eat. For the first few minutes, we all ate in silence, until my mom spoke up. “Jungkook, do you have time tomorrow? We’re going to go try out wedding outfits, and you can pick out a suit for that day as well.”

“Okay.”

“Also, would you like to be the best man? Then I can have Hyemin be the maid of honor. Wouldn’t it be so cool, having our son and daughter witness our wedding as maid of honor and best man?” The two of us choked on our food at the same time. That didn’t sound like an appealing idea.

We responded simultaneously. “No thanks.” I added. “You have plenty of business friends here, mom. And Auntie Wang is coming over too. She would love to be the bridesmaid.” Jungkook added on as well. “Yeah, you have a lot of friends too, dad.”

My stepdad laughed at our behavior. “Seoyeon, you should have already guessed the answer before asking.”

My mom pouted at him, and he pouted back as they began acting all lovey-dovey. A shiver went down my spine and Jungkook must have felt the same thing. “No PDA please.” I burst out laughing as his dad rolled his eyes. Not all brothers are obnoxious; I totally love having a brother now.

My mom turned back to us. “Oh! And our honeymoon is going to be two weeks after our wedding, after your father finishes the proj

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter